We all love summers in New York, but those amazing, yet steamy, days can turn any headful of curly, wavy or kinky hair into a giant frizz ball in a matter of seconds! That is unless you’re armed with an arsenal of styling products designed to eliminate unruliness and increase manageability, shine and softness.
This past Friday, celeb hairstylist Ryan Nickulas, owner of Ryan Darius Salon in New York (and star of Logo TV’s The A-List: New York), unveiled Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy’s must-have new hair products for the summer. This key ingredient of this smoothing system is keratin, a protein that hair loves!
- Color Care Shampoo & Conditioner – Suds up with the sulfate-free, chloride-free shampoo and follow with the nourishing, heat-protecting conditioner ($20)
- Volumizing Dry Shampoo Lift Powder – Great when you’re on-the-go. Gently cleanses and absorbs excess oil without stripping hair’s natural nutrients ($24)
- Vita Volume Boosting Foam – This non-greasy, moisturizing foam enhances hair’s style and flexibility while providing lift and volume ($24)
- Straight Day Styling Spray – A personal favorite, this daily hydrating treatment can be sprayed on wet or dry hair to tame flyaways and frizz ($24 for 2oz. / $32 for 4oz.)
- Flex Flow Finishing Hairspray – I used this on a hellishly, windy and rainy night and it worked! It delivered a soft, flexible hold as promised ($20)
And of course, you have to be equipped with the right tools:
- KeraMini Flat Iron – This travel-size tourmaline ceramic straightener comes with a protective thermal pouch in a choice of Giraffe, Zebra, Black Navy or Pink (animal print $75 / colors $59)
For more information, please visit: www.keratincomplex.com