PERi-PERi Infused Recipes to Spice Up Any Fall Diet
Delicious with almost anything, Nando’s range of PERi-PERi sauces combine flavor with varying degrees of heat that will satisfy the flavor profile from a PERi-PERi beginner to a fiery heat seeker. There is something in our range for all PERi-PERi fanatics!
Here are some great recipe ideas. All these recipes are all infused with Nando’s PERi-PERi sauce (the famed South African–born restaurant chain frequented by celebs like Gigi and Bella Hadid, Kanye West, and Beyoncé to name a few, and known for its signature PERi-PERi sauce). Made with a blend of African Bird’s Eye Chili, Nando‘s PERi-PERi, is an all-natural, gluten-free sauce that adds great flavor with a kick of heat to healthy dishes. Also for those looking to swap unhealthy condiment staples like ketchup or mayo.
Spicy Keto jambalaya
This dish is an all-around winner, winner chicken, sausage AND shrimp dinner! Apart from the meats, it is so nutritious with 5 types of vegetables and a spicy smoky Peri Peri kick. Nola can be good for you! If you skip the Hurricane of course. This is a great recipe to make-ahead and portion for weekly meal prepping.
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY: Medium
PREPARATION TIME: 45 mins
10oz/300g (half) a cauliflower
14oz/400g Chicken breast, cut in 1 inch chunks
6 oz/120g (half) Kielbasa sausage, sliced
6oz/170g Peeled, raw shrimp
7oz/200g Grape tomatoes, halved
7oz/200g Red onion, diced
7oz/200g Celery, sliced
5.3 oz/150g (one) Green bell pepper, diced
70ml /2.3 oz Peri Peri sauce in the flavor of your choice
1 Tablespoon tomato paste
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon smoked paprika Salt and pepper
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil Sliced green onions
- For the cauliflower rice: Remove the leaves and trim the core of half a cauliflower. Break into floret and then pulse in a food processor until it resembles rice. Put into a cheesecloth of clean tea towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Spread out on the tea towel to dry out even more while you cook your Jambalaya.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, sauté your onion, celery and green pepper for 3 mins over a medium heat with a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Add the spices chicken chunks and sausage slices and brown. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and peri peri sauce, and just enough water to cover
everything. Put the lid on the pot and simmer on low for 30 mins.
- Remove lid and stir though cauliflower rice and shrimps. Cook for 4-5 mins until shrimp are pink.
- Serve with the green onions on top.
6 INGREDIENT KETO BREAKFAST TORTILLAS
These Keto wraps are made with eggs instead of flour, and are even easier to make than pancakes! They also taste better because they have that Peri-Peri zing to them! Use the flavor you love the best to add your spin to this recipe, but please note – the Medium and Hot flavors are our most keto – friendly. With very low carbs, and packed with protein, healthy fats and leafy greens, this recipe is a Keto power package. Make for brunch on the weekend for friends; make one at a time each day; or make a batch of wraps and sausages for the week, then warm and assemble every morning for breakfast on-the-go. To make this recipe even easier, you can substitute the whole eggs for liquid eggs, and the avocado for ready-made guacamole.
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY: Easy
PREPARATION TIME: 20 mins
SERVINGS: 1 serving
TOTAL CARBS: 15g
NET CARBS: 12g
1/3 Cup liquid eggs, or 2 extra large eggs per wrap; Salt and pepper; Olive oil, to prevent sticking
1 Chicken sausage per wrap
1⁄4 Ripe avocado
3 Tablespoons cream cheese
1 Tablespoon of Nando’s Peri Peri sauce, in the flavor of your choice.
1⁄2 Cup baby spinach (1/2 US oz or 15g)
- Cook your sausage/s according to the package directions.
- Heat up a 6 inch (15cm) frying pan to a medium high heat. You need to use a good quality, non-stick frying pan for this recipe!
- Whisk your eggs in a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil to the pan and swirl to coat; repeat for each wrap to prevent sticking.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and swirl the pan to coat the entire bottom – as if you are making a crepe. The egg should only just coat the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for 15-20 seconds, until the egg has set, then use a spatula to carefully flip the wrap.
- Cook for another 10 seconds, then remove from the heat. Place the wrap on a clean kitchen towel and cover with a second one.
- This will keep the wrap soft and roll-able. Mix the cream cheese and Nando’s Peri-Peri sauce together with a fork.
- In another bowl, mash your avocado with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- To assemble, spread your Peri- Peri cream cheese across the middle of the wrap, then spoon on the avocado. Add the spinach leaves, then the sausage and roll up like a tortilla.
- Add more lashings of Peri-Peri sauce to taste and enjoy!
Slow-cooker Keto chilli
Beef mince chilli is a really keto-friendly meal! Apart from the beans of course, but this chilli is so hearty and tasty you won’t even miss them: Kale adds as much fibre and nutrients, without those pesky carbs, and you won’t even notice it’s there. Enjoy as chilli or as Bolognese sauce over zoodles.
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY: Medium
PREP TIME: 20 min prep, 8 hour cook
Net Carbs: 11g
1lb/454g Ground beef chuck 85% fat
7oz/200g Red onion, diced
6oz/175g (half) Green bell pepper, diced
6 oz/175g Celery, sliced
1 Cup (2.5oz/70g) Chopped kale
5.8oz/165g Peri Peri sauce in the flavor of your choice
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
2 Tablespoons Basil pesto
2 Tablespoons paprika
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
Salt and pepper
Sliced green onions
Shredded sharp cheddar
- In a non-stick pan, brown the onion and the mince over a medium high heat. Use a wooden spoon to break the mince apart.
- When the mince is brown, put it in your slow cooker, I used a small 3 qt size which is more than big enough for this recipe. Add all the other ingredients too: Pepper, celery, Kale, Peri Peri sauce, tomato paste, basil pesto, paprika and cinnamon.
- Pour in just enough water to cover the ingredients. Remember that water doesn’t evaporate in a slow cooker, so all the liquid you put in will be there at the end- so just put in enough to cover.
- Cook on the low setting for 8 hours, or 4 hours on the high setting.
- Season to taste and serve with the toppings of your choice.
Everything Nando does is rooted in PERi-PERi
IT’S A PEPPER
PERi-PERi, also known as the African Bird’s Eye Chilli, is the key to our legendary, flame-grilled PERi-PERi chicken. It’s grown in the African soil, so the magic starts from the ground up. It tastes amazing, but the benefits don’t stop there:
- PERi-PERi chilli seeds are rich in Vitamins A, B, and C.
- They also have capsaicin, which enhances mood: your pupils dilate, your metabolic rate increases, and there’s a rush of endorphins when you consume it!
- PERi-PERi is a natural preservative that prevents us from adding weird or unnatural ingredients to our sauces.
IT’S A SAUCE
Nando’s mixes PERi-PERi with salt, garlic, lemon, onion, oil, and vinegar to make their signature sauce. Then Nando marinates their chicken in it for 24 hours and serve it at their restaurants across the globe. PERi-PERi sauce combines unmistakable flavor with a kick of heat that gently builds on the tongue and culminates in a full-body experience. It’s magic in a bottle.
PERi-PERi is essential to everything Nando’s does. It’s the main ingredient in their PERi-PERi chicken. It’s the sauce that lets you customize your experience at Nando’s restaurants. And because PERi-PERi is a pepper, a sauce, and a nod to Nando’s homeland, it’s who they are. You can’t have Nando’s without PERi-PERi.