Being a girl in today’s world is much different than it was ten years ago – we see females in outer space, in the boardroom, and 2021 brings our first female Vice President. But there’s still a lot of work to do. Many girls feel stifled and afraid to voice their true feelings, but artist Sheila “She” Keene wants to change that with her “A Girl LikeMe…” collection.
She’s pieces show that females don’t need to live a “certain way” – that they can be whomever they want, and their gender doesn’t limit their aspirations. Through her fun cards, mugs, journals, prints and tees, as well as her original art pieces, She shows women and girls as breaking barriers and living dreams. With quotes like, “Not fragile like a flower, but fragilelike a bomb” and “I didn’t wake up today to be mediocre” females will be reminded to celebrate their own fierceness and strength.
The “A Girl Like Me…” brand has three categories:
· Girls – Items meant to inspire girls to be all that they can be. “Sunshine and Brains. . . Mixed with a little Hurricane”
· Teens – Reminders to teenage girls that they are unique and are able to change the world. “Princess? No, try Scientist”
· Ladies – A bit edgier than the other two categories, the art and sayings speak to women breaking barriers in the work force and pushing back against misogyny and sexism. “People will stare. . . Make it worth their while.”
She uses acrylics, paper, gelatos, charcoal, ink, textiles, embellishments, & other materials to create one-of-a-kind pieces. Each piece has a slightly hidden date; the date represents a day in “herstory” that a woman performed a fantastical feat for females. Find the date and see how it changed history!
Girls Cards – Empowering Greeting Cards to Celebrate all things FEMALE
I Am A Black Woman… What’s Your Superpower? 3 – Print
a girl like me… “I am a black woman… what’s your superpower?”
So… don’t you know a lady who spreads black-girl-magic wherever she roams? A girl or lady who always manages to get it done, with seemingly little effort, all while maintaining her composure, her patience, and her super-woman-badass-spirit. And, always looking FANTASTICAL while doing her thing. Being a female IS a superpower… being a black female is a superpower on steroids. Make sure every girl and woman knows that!
- This is a print of an original Mixed Media painting. Three sizes are available.
- Each painting has a slightly “hidden” date somewhere on the print; the date represents a date in history that a woman performed a FANTASTICAL feat!
WOMEN’S – Iron Racerback Tank T-Shirt
“They said I should learn to iron… so I did.”
This racerback tank is soft, lightweight, & form-fitting with a flattering cut & raw edge seams for an edgy touch.
• 50% polyester/25% combed ring-spun cotton/25% rayon
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Raw edge seams
• Fabric is laundered to reduce shrinkage
They Said I Should Learn To Iron. So I Did. – Die-Cut Sticker
So… don’t you know a girl who is strong and fierce… maybe does cross-fit, and can pump iron with the best of them?! I know soooo many of these awesome girls and ladies. They’re everywhere! Walkin’ through life, pumpin’ their iron, flexin’ their muscles, and taking no grief from anyone. Strong girls… they are the BEST.
Your daughter, friend, sister, or girlfriend will get a jolt of energy and inspiration every time she glances at this die-cut sticker. Keep flexin’ those muscles, girl!
- This is a 4.5″x6″ Die-Cut Sticker with a matte finish and a crack and peel backing.
- Stickers are outdoor durable.
About the founder – Sheila:
She is a lover of life, art and hard-core gardening. She alwayss see the good in people. Sheila’s mind is often a jumbly mélange of ideas and thoughts… She seldom succeed at fully unraveling the chaocracy (a She-ism). Sometimes Sheila makes up fanciful words. She never met a pair of overalls that she wasn’t instant friends with. Sheila has a lovely set of friends that she affectionately call “Ya-Yas”. Sheila love painting furniture… and doors. She almost always has dirt under her fingernails or paint on her hands…or both. Sheila’s mind is most clutter-free when she is creating art, running or doing some physically challenging outdoor activity. Sheila has a whopping-normous weakness for chocolate, sweet wine, and buttercream icing… preferably together. YUM! Checking out her website to see her beautiful & inspiring art and products!