Every woman needs a cozy, stylish pullover to pair perfectly with jeans, trousers, skirts, and more. State Cashmere’s substantial wavy ribbed V-neck sweater fits true to size and will complement any wardrobe. It looks fun without the frivolity of fast fashion. This wavy v-necks are the way to go. This sweater is persuasively soft and planet-friendly.
State Cashmere‘s Grade A cashmere is sourced from Inner Mongolia, home to one of the world’s oldest domesticated livestock – the cashmere goat. All material is lovingly collected to create the softest wardrobe staples made to last a lifetime. Unlike most cashmere brands in the fashion industry, State Cashmere works directly with the shepherds from Inner Mongolia. These are trusted relationships, and State Cashmere will never work with middlemen, cashmere traders or brokers. The best cashmere comes from Inner Mongolia. Inner Mongolia is remote and isolated from the world’s manufacturing communities. The land is home to one of the world’s oldest domesticated livestock – the cashmere goat, a sustainable source of raw material for fine textiles.
State Cashmere does not do blends. The brand is committed to only using 100% pure cashmere for their pieces. State Cashmere‘s commitment to no blends is not only more comfortable for you, but also more sustainable for our environment. State Cashmere has also eliminated excess packaging. It calls a win-win.
Cashmere is incredibly soft, thin, and versatile. When taken care of, it is a heritage piece meant to be passed down from one generation to the next. Cashmere pieces are transcendental and can be worn season after season and year after year. They are basic but not plain and can be dressed up or dressed down. These are style staples that will elevate your wardrobe for the rest of your life.
Things You Might Want to Know About Cashmere
- Cashmere is actually a type of wool… BUT: Only the finest and softest fiber combed from the undercoats of a certain kind of goats- Cashmere Goat can call CASHMERE. Otherwise, the rest of them are all just WOOL.
- 5 Cashmere Goats = 1 Sweater: Each cashmere goat typically produces just 150 g of fibers, and it takes approximately 4-5 adult-sized goats to make one 100% cashmere sweater. Part of what makes cashmere so exclusive is because… it is only harvested from goats once a year.
- Sweater pilling is NATURAL: Pilling is a natural occurrence in cashmere and is usually caused by friction. Follow the cashmere care steps below to take care of your sweaters properly.
- Handwash cashmere sweaters with your shampoo: The care label is “dry clean only,” but hand washing your cashmere sweater will actually make it softer over time. Using baby shampoo, it works like a magic!
- Always Fold Your Cashmere: It’s best to store your cashmere in a box with cedar mothballs or chips as opposed to hanging it up. Hanging your cashmere for long periods of time can change its shape. The ideal area for storage should be a cool, dark, and dry place.
Cashmere has an insulation capacity 3x higher than wool, regulating your body temperature to keep you warm rather than hot. Cashmere is hygroscopic, meaning it is naturally breathable. It can keep you cool when it is not and warm when it is not. Quality cashmere does not shrink when washed correctly and will retain shape better than traditional wool. Cashmere does not wrinkle – you can pull it out of a suitcase and wear it straight away.
State Cashmere was founded in New York City in 2017, but the founder has been in the cashmere industry for generations. Coming from a family of shepherds in Inner Mongolia and grew up watching grandparents raising cashmere goats, through the family heritage and passion for cashmere, State Cashmere’s goal is to bring you the finest cashmere pieces from the heart of the founder’s homeland.