Due to popular demand, the founders of Artis, the brand that revolutionized the makeup brush application process and took the industry by storm, are excited to announce their latest innovation, BrushCraft by Artis. This new addition to high-end, cult-favorite, Artis Brush, BrushCraft offers modern makeup brushes to those who consider makeup an artistry and are looking to achieve a fast, flawless finish.
Continuing to transform the beauty industry with his unique and forward-looking perspective, Matthew Waitesmith, Artis Founder and creative visionary, created BrushCraft to address the challenges of makeup “self-application,” and to deliver superior cosmetic performance with a line that combines ergonomics with design, function and performance. With a twist on the traditional makeup brush to make it more maneuverable and easy-to-use, Artis has rewritten the story, creating accessible makeup brushes that offer a fun, yet efficient makeup application process. By turning the fibres at a right angle, using trademarked, man-made and engineered NuFibre, and including many more fibres in each bundle than in conventional animal hair brushes, BrushCraft improves performance and provides better makeup results every time you use these brushes.
Most makeup artists—and the same is true for most makeup wearers—only use a few brushes to achieve the majority of results, whereas the industry tells consumers to have a brush for every single part of the face and every single product. BrushCraft by Artis believes it’s better to have a few great brushes, each doing many different applications, which can work with many different formulas.
What Makes BrushCraft Different:
- Uniform Application – The NuFibre® fibre structure and tapered ends help apply product more consistently than animal hair. BrushCraft brushes on average have 3-10 times as many individual fibres as conventional brushes. For example, the Oval 6 has over 60,000 individual fibres each with a microscopically small and soft tip.
- Superior Blending – Every single NuFibre® filament has a tapered tip that ends in a microscopically fine structure which is only a few microns in diameter. This ultra-fine tip blends on a microscopic level, creating patterns so small they are imperceptible with the naked eye and enhancing the makeup look.
- Efficient Use Of Product – The uniform surface area of each NuFibre® helps pick up and lay down product, without holding on to it, with less product getting tapped along the fibre’s length and instead holding it between the fibre tips
- Retains Shape Better – NuFibre® is made with a proprietary material that has shape memory, retaining its shape better than conventional animal hairs. If a NuFibre® brush ever gets bent from compression during storage, revive the shape by passing the brush tips through steam or holding the brush under hot running water for a few seconds, reshaping, and then allowing it to dry back to its original shape.
- Versatility – NuFibre® keeps its shape more consistently, even though it has a smaller diameter than conventional hair. This helps the fibre perform well with powders, liquids or emollient-based products.
- Helps Avoid Sensitivities – An estimated 10% of the population is allergic to animal hair. For those with sensitive skin, NuFibre® provides an excellent animal-free alternative to conventional animal hair makeup brushes.
- Animal-Free Beauty® – All BrushCraft brushes are 100% Animal-Free. No animal hairs or by-products are ever used in making our products.
- Nufibre® Delivers Consistently Quality With Every Brush – NuFibre® is made using high tech production techniques that produce completely consistent fibres, ensuring that the quality of every brush will be the same, no matter when you buy it.
- Chemically Resistant – Resists excess water, alcohol, acids, detergent and won’t degrade from brush cleaning formulas.
- UV Resistant – NuFibre® is more resistant to UV than conventional animal hair makeup brushes and won’t degrade due to sun or light exposure.
- Wears Longer – BrushCraft brushes were wear-tested along with two grades of conventional brushes [prestige and mass] by having a simulated skin surface move against the brush bundles for 48 hours continuously. BrushCraft brushes suffered no damage, but a significant percentage of brush hair in both conventional brush categories broke and split.
- Very Gentle Feel During Application Of Makeup – BrushCraft brushes all have NuFibre that end in a micro soft tip that is so small it is measured in microns and can’t be seen with the naked eye. These tips provide a gentler feel than other brushes, so they don’t irritate the skin during application.
- Comfortable Fit – Traditional handle shape is not only classic, but feels familiar in the hand and fingers.
- Enhanced Performance – Each brush is sized and balanced to help provide a familiar feel to the brush, which helps enhance application and performance, while using fibre bundles that eliminate the need for a metal ferrule. The fibres are held in place by a proprietary method that allows the fibres to be positioned in new ways for makeup brushes. Most BrushCraft Brushes have the fibres aligned perpendicular to the handle and skin surface. This keeps the fibre tips continuously in contact with the skin during application and creates superior laydown and blending.
- Assists In Ease Of Application – Design helps facilitate self-application of makeup. The fibre alignment and the tilted handle aid in simplifying application and blending to one’s own face. The BrushCraft Brushes have matte finish surface on the handle. This helps the fingers better grip the handle and allows more control over makeup application.
- Durability – High tech resins, matte finishes, and durable monofilaments are used to help make this handmade brush more dependable and durable over its lifetime of use.
- More Modern – The BrushCraft Collection is both modern and classic at the same time. The aesthetics of the smooth flowing surface are pleasing to the eye.
The BrushCraft Makeup Brush – The Components:
- BrushCraft Linear 1 – This brush is designed to help make a line of colour easier. The Linear 1 has a thin row of fibers aligned perfectly so that you can pick eyeshadow or liner and by gently pulling the brush across the skin, you can create a thin line of makeup. Great for lining eyes, or filling in and perfecting brows.
- BrushCraft Circle 1R – This brush contains a fibre bundle that is a cylinder shape, but with a rounded domed top at the fibre tips. The shape and size makes it great for applying eyeshadow and blending, spot concealing, focused contouring, and lip colour.
- BrushCraft Oval 3 – The Oval 3 is the perfect size and shape for applying eyeshadow products to the lid area. You can do an all-over application of colour, or use it to emphasize the outside corners of the lid or along the upper and lower lash lines. Also good for applying concealer to areas under the eyes.
- BrushCraft Oval 6 – This is the perfect size and shape brush for applying foundation, contour and blush. Pick up a small amount of product and gently sweep it across the area of the face you want to cover. This brush has over 60,000 individual fibres in the bundle, which is a main reason it applies and blends product beautifully.
The BrushCraft Makeup Brush retails for $18.50 – $24.50.
It has been available in the U.S. exclusively at BrushCraft.com and AHALife.com in October 2016.