Here’s some great news: you don’t have to sacrifice flavor to make a healthy choice! And did you know that duck fat has similar health benefits to olive oil and other unsaturated fats?
Although duck is popular among America’s finest chefs, you don’t need culinary training to prepare it. Duck is easy to prepare for everyday meals and is perfect for special occasions, and can be incorporated into a wide range of flavor profiles and cuisines by culinary adventurers everywhere.
What does duck taste like? Maple Leaf Farms farm-raised White Pekin duck has a delicious, red meat flavor that’s more similar to steak than to chicken or turkey, and substitutes equally well for both in recipes. Plus, duck is surprisingly healthy! By properly cooking duck, you can eliminate 70% of the fat, and duck is leaner and has less saturated fats than other meats.
For me, I am a hundred percent duck lover. I lived in Beijing for 8 years, and one thing I miss so much about my life there is Peking Duck. Luckily, I found out Maple Leaf Farms, who produced very high quality duck products. I can get a whole duck from there to eat Peking Duck at home. I feel so spoiled, but more, I feel so happy.
Whole Duck with Orange Sauce
USDA Grade A whole duck comes with a convenient orange sauce packet. Lightly marinated to ensure the best cooking experience. Raised and cared for according to the strictest well-being guidelines.
- Whole duck with giblets and a neck stuffed inside
- Seasoned with up to 12% of a solution of water, salt and sodium phosphate
- Gluten free (duck only)
- Ready to cook
- Thaw out duck in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Strip bag off duck. Remove neck, giblets, and orange sauce packet from body cavity.
- Rinse duck under cool water. Season to taste.
- Roast uncovered, breast up, on rack in roasting pan. Cook 22 minutes per pound.
- Remove from oven when internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F (82 degrees C), measured at the thigh joint. The legs move freely and juices run clear when duck is done.
- One duck serves 2 to 4 people.
Weight of Portions: Approximately 5lb oz.
Total Weight of Item: Approximately 5lb
Case Weight: Approximately 30 lbs
Ingredients: Duck, water, salt, sodium phosphate. Orange Sauce Ingredients: Orange juice from concentrate, water, sugar, modified corn starch, dextrose, citric acid, salt, natural flavor, torula yeast, xanthan gum, sodium benzoate added to retard spoilage, caramel color, spice, extractives of paprika, onion powder.
Shelf Life: 2 Year Frozen
About Maple Leaf Farms:
Maple Leaf Farms, Inc. is America’s leading producer of quality duck products, supplying retail and foodservice markets throughout the world with innovative, value-added foods. Founded in 1958, Maple Leaf Farms is a fourth generation, family-owned company. For more information, contact Maple Leaf Farms at 1-800-348-2812 or visitwww.mapleleaffarms.com.