Making it Sunny through the RainSomehow, each time it rains all options of fun things to do go out the window, the excuse being… “It’s raining”!
CP24 is saying we’re looking at a few days of this stuff so instead of letting it put a DAMPer on having fun I’ve compiled a list of ‘Stuff that’s fun without the sun’ lol… njoy· Get lost in a good book – to name a few… ‘A year in the Merde’ by Stephen Clarke & ‘Remember Me’ by Sophie Kinsella
· Download some new itunes
· Paint ur nails a sunny color – I love coral or electric fuchsia
· Exercise – hitting the gym always gives me a fresh start to the day
· Clean out your closet – this way when the rain dries you can easily grab your cutest ensemble and enjoy the sun
· Check in on heydoyou.com – xoxo 😉
· Shop… shop… shop – malls are always a warm, dry place
· Start a ‘to do’ list – of all the fun things you want to do this summer
· Have a spa day – complete with a facial, manicure, pedicure & massage
· Hit a museum or gallery – you don’t know what you’re missing until you get in there so hit up your most creative of friends and check it out if you never have… the galleries of Africa & Greece at the ROM are a few of my favs
· Have a film fest at home – I’m in love with TCM (Turner Classic Movies)
· Bake yummies – cupcakes, cookies, croissants, cinnamon buns… mmmmm
· Lastly… as an English chic by origin I still see the fun in putting on a pair of Wellies (Wellington rain boots) & trenching around outside… to each their own!xoxo[above: Marc Jacobs Wellington Boots ($145) below: Jimmy Choo Hunter Wellington Boots (£235), Burberry Stud Trim Wellington Boots (£225), J Crew Men’s Wellington Boots ($115)]
MusicoveryProbably one of my favourite things in the world is listening to the radio. I love the unpredicatbility of what comes on next and I squeal with glee when old/forgotten songs come on! Now you can stream the coolest radio site in the world wide web. Musicovery (music + discovery) allows you to mark your favourite songs, ban the songs you hate and listen for free.99! Premium membership is only $4US. You can pick genre, time period and mood. This is what makes this webradio truly original. The mood music is a quadrant ‘energetic’, ‘calm’, ‘dark’ & ‘positive’. Listeners can intuitively find music matching their mood. Today, I picked ‘dark’ x ‘calm’, R&B and the playlist they generated for me included:Brandy & Monica – That Boy is MineJohn Legend – Save Room of My LoveTamia – MoreAlicia Keys – If I Was Your Women+ lots moreThis is perfect for those long work days where you simply cannot stand another Pizza advertisement :P. Or house parties where you want to impress your guests with your musical selection. I have gone through 4 laptops and numerous mp3 players in the last few years and have lost my music collection over and over again. So Musicovery saved my life.If you like any of the songs you can directly click to buy it on iTunes, Amazon and Ebay. Tell me if it can possibly get better than that!HeyDoYou is for the cute, clever and connected – Follow this blog!