Take your art in a bold new direction—go gouache!Take your art in a bold new direction—go gouache! In Creative Gouache, artist Ruth Wilshaw shares her step-by-step techniques for creating brilliantly vibrant effects with this easy-to-master medium, a perfect companion for transparent watercolor.
In this comprehensive guide to gouache, you’ll:
See what you can create with gorgeous, wall-to-wall color with Creative Gouache!Perfect for creative beginners, the books in the Art for Modern Makers series take a fun, practical approach to learning about and working with paints and other art mediums to create beautiful DIY projects and crafts.About Ruth Wilshaw:
- Get an overview of essential materials and surfaces.
- Learn basic handling and coloring-mixing techniques, including layering, creating blends, and adjusting opacity, plus troubleshooting tips for common challenges, such as dealing with shifts in color and value from wet to dry.
- Explore how to paint fun, simple motifs, flowers, butterflies, landscapes, and lettering.
- Discover fun gouache techniques, such as adding texture and painting gradients and blends.
- Learn how to incorporate other mediums with gouache, including paint pens, colored pencil, and watercolor.
- Use what you learn to create inspiring projects such as dimensional artwork, clay décor pieces, and cheerful banners.
Ruth Wilshaw is a self-taught gouache artist who loves to encourage others to give this quirky medium a go. She enjoys painting modern landscapes and creating art inspired by nature. Ruth shares tutorials and videos with her growing number of fans and followers on Instagram and YouTube, giving tips and advice on painting with gouache for artists of all levels, especially beginners. Her videos have been viewed more than 10 million times. Originally from the UK, Ruth lives in Texas.