Hailee Steinfeld’s Sleek, Sculpted Oscar’s Hairstyle x TONI&GUY
Presenter Hailee Steinfeld stunned on the Oscar’s red carpet last night. Celebrity Stylist Chris Appleton was inspired by the intricate detailing of her dress to create a sleek and sculpted modern updo style. “We went for a bold style to complement the mixture of classic and modern vibe given from her gown.”
Get the Oscar’s Look: Sleek and Sculpted Wrapped Bun
- Prep wet hair with TONI&GUY Prep Heat Protectant Spray and blow dry hair backwards away from the face using a paddle brush.
- Once dry, section off the top half of the hair and gather the lower half into a ponytail at the back of the head.
- Apply TONI&GUY Style Spray Wax throughout the top section for a high-shine effect and begin curling hair using a 1-inch curling iron.
- Once cooled, gently brush the curls out and join to the existing ponytail.
- Wrap sections of hair from the pony tail in a clockwise motion above and below, twisting into a flower shape. Secure with pins.
- Set the look with TONI&GUY Medium Hold Hairspray.
- TONI&GUY Style Spray Wax
- TONI&GUY Medium Hold Hairspray
TONI&GUY products are available at select target locations and target.com
TONI&GUY @Hair_Wardrobe Take London Fashion Week By Storm
Fashion never stops—thanks goodness! And this past week all the top designers were putting their creations on show at London Fashion Week (including the debut of Manolo Blahnik). And once again, hairstyles were just as talked about as the clothing styles.
TONI&GUY had some of the most coveted styles of the London catwalks, with their Hair Meet Wardrobe line of styling products (which, incidentally, was just introduced to the U.S. market in August). Matthew Williamson, Todd Lynn and Vivienne Westwood Red Label are just some of the labels that took advantage of this incredible range, via lead stylist Mark Hampton, the Global Hair Ambassador for TONI&GUY Hair Meet Wardrobe.
Matthew Williamson: This label’s style was glamour, exhibiting a simple and glossy look that resembled the 70s jet-setter. Hero product? TONI&GUY Hair Meet Wardrobe Glamour Volume Plumping Whip. This product adds volume and body at the roots and gives flexible texture and movement to the entire style.
Todd Lynn: This label went with a creative look for their hairstyles, with a fierce, rough and rebellious attitude. Hero product? TONI&GUY Hair Meet Wardrobe Creative Style Spray Wax. Spray wax? Yes! This stuff creates definition and texture and it totally perfect for achieving defined layers in any kind of hairstyle. Simply spritz through towel-dried hair and scrunch before drying—it works like magic.
Vivienne Westwood Red Label: An animalistic inspiration with a touch of glamour is the way this label worked their styles down the catwalk. The look was all about chaotic, voluminous waves of hair that were wild and free. Hero product? TONI&GUY Hair Meet Wardrobe Glamour Volume Plumping Whip. This gave the hair ferosh texture and achieved that incredible bed head-meets-jungle-woman look we’re all totally craving now!
Find the new TONI&GUY Hair Meet Wardrobe range at Target stores!