One of the most hotly anticipated parties on the Summer social calendar, The Vinho Verde Wine Experience returns once more for ever-flowing wine + food bites from some of NYC’s hottest restaurants.
Enjoy live music while you sip on endless wine + cocktails and mingle. Discover over the top specially curated Vinho Verde wineries that are flying into New York City just for this event to share with you their amazing wines, throughout Canoe Studios’s Instagram-famous panoramic indoor/outdoor spaces.
- Endless Vinho Verde tastings
- Food pairings from some of NYC’s hottest restaurants (INCLUDED!)
- Top Mixologists slinging cocktails @ the Vinho Verde Cocktail Bar
- Live Music
- Branded Stemless Wine Glass (yours to keep!)
- Live Artist Painting
- Top Sommeliers teaching you about Vinho Verde
- Photographers & Videographers capturing all the fun
- Tag and Print Photobooth
Heydoyou was invited to attend this awesome Summer event at June 9th Saturday night. The weather was beautiful and definitely I enjoyed the outdoor rooftop very much, especially with a tasting of so many different wines and nice foods.
Taste and enjoy wines from over 30 leading wineries in the Vinho Verde region as well as food bites from some of NYC’s hottest restaurants. The day-long festival, broken down into three sessions, also including sommeliers hosting informative sessions about Vinho Verde; mixologists created unique and distinctive Vinho Verde – based beverages at the Vinho Verde Cocktail Bar; live music, live artist painting, and a photo booth to capture memories with friends and family.
Amazing food purveyors to share tasty bites that pair perfectly with the top Vinho Verde wines available to taste.
Learn About VINHO VERDE WINE REGION:
- Vinho Verde is pronounced veeng-yo vaird.
- Vinho Verde does not mean ‘green’ wine. ‘Verde’ refers to it being a young wine; the wines are released 3-6 months after harvest.
- The Vinho Verde region has produced wine for over 2,000 years, making it one of the oldestwine regions in Portugal.
- The wines of Vinho Verde have long been known for their vibrant fruit, low alcohol and refreshing qualities — a combination that makes them one of the most versatile partners with food. Vinho Verde is an ideal wine pairing for salads, seafood and Asian cuisine, and can be served alone or as an aperitif.
- Today, consumers throughout the world are discovering Vinho Verde as one of the best wine values on the market.
- Vinho Verde is Portugal’s largest wine region, with 19,000 grape growers farming over 51,000 acres of vineyards. 600 wine bottlers produce approximately 85 million liters of Vinho Verde each year, of which 86% is white wine. The region also produces smaller amounts of red, rosé and sparkling wine as well as brandy.
- Vinho Verde is Portugal’s northernmost wine producing region. It’s located on the west coast of the Iberian Peninsula in northern Portugal. With its proximity to the Atlantic, the Vinho Verde region resembles Vancouver or Seattle in appearance with its lush, green landscape and temperature climate. Not surprisingly, grape vines naturally thrive here.
- The Seal of Guarantee ensures the quality and authenticity of Vinho Verde wines.
- Vinho Verde wines are made from the combination of carefully selected varietals. Recommended white varietals include Alvarinho, Avesso, Azal, Arinto, Loureiro, and Trajadura.
For more information, please visit: https://www.vinhoverdewineexperience.com/.
iYellow Wine Club treated us to a variety of delicious Icewines this past weekend. It was freezing on Saturday, but the windchill of -21 wasn’t enough to keep me and my friend Jacqui away from going to explore and taste all those delicious Icewines at iYellow Wine Club’s T.O. Ice Fest! Some of my favourites?
I love, love, LOVED the Hillebrand Cabernet Franc Icewine, and the Peller Estates Late Harvest Vidal was mighty tasty, with flavours of mango and peach! Yum! The VICE Vodka Icewine was different and took a little getting used to but I love that it had an unexpected kick to it that set it apart from “regular” Icewines. Last but not least, I had a couple glasses of the Reif Estate Winery Vidal Icewine… it was so good. I ended my day with a delicious glass (okay two glasses) of Malbec from Riders Valley. I didn’t even know that we did Malbec wines here in Ontario, so I was pleasantly surprised.
Thank you for inviting us!
“Canadian wine consumers have discerning tastes… They know good wines when they find them, and at Ravenswood we make good wines.”- Joel Peterson
It was super sunny yesterday; perfect weather for the Ravenswood Wine and Food tasting experience. “Rebel” winemaker Joel Peterson (The Godfather of Zin), treated us to a wide selection of his bold and “unapologetic” wines, while Celebrity Chef Rob Rainford served up some seriously good food! Canadian Rock Star Ian Thornley also debuted songs from his upcoming acoustic album, while we sipped wine and chowed down!
Wine. Food. Music. Sunshine. Good times.
Thank you so much for inviting the HeyDoYou team!
peace, love and health
Have you ever had any of the Ravenswood wines? What do you think?