Nothing says summer like a refreshing glass of iced tea. Kick the traditional beverage up a notch with recipes from superfoods brand, Nutiva, and Numi Organic Tea. They’ve combined both Nutiva’s Organic Black and White chia seeds with Numi’s Organic Tea blends for a treat that’s both nutritious and satisfying.
Chia seeds are a rich source of protein, antioxidants, essential omega-3 fatty acids and fiber. These super seeds are also an excellent source of essential minerals such as phosphorous, manganese, calcium, sodium and potassium. Adding chia seeds to your favorite beverage actually helps you feel satiated and is a great way to get your nutrients throughout the day.
Enjoy Nutiva’s new O’Coconut snacks with your iced tea. These snacks are crafted from lightly sweetened organic, fair trade coconut and have only 60 calories each. Enjoy pure coconut with O’Coconut Classic or try O’Coconut Hemp & Chia for additional nutty flavor and the nutritional benefits of Omega-3s. These are amazing and the perfect snack. I got a pack of them and the quickly disappeared from the pantry!
Iced Tea + Lemonade with Chia Seeds
Chia adds a superfood boost, while lemonade adds a light sweetness to the crisp, refreshing flavor of black tea.
1/2 tsp. Nutiva Organic Black Chia Seeds
2 Tbsp. water, room temperature
1 Numi Organic Tea – Breakfast Blend black tea bag
½ cup water, boiling
½ cup lemonade
1. Add chia seeds to 2 tbsp. of room temperature water. Stir to combine, and set aside for 5 minutes, until chia softens.
2. Meanwhile, bring ½ cup of water to boil.
3. Steep tea bag in hot water for 5 minutes.
4. Discard tea bag and pour tea into a tall glass. Add lemonade and chia seeds and stir to combine.
5. Top with ice, garnish with a lemon wedge and serve.