Healthy-looking white teeth are a person’s best accessory – having great teeth is a must if you want to look healthy and radiant. Unfortunately, lots of things you do every day can affect the whiteness of your teeth – smoking, drinking coffee or tea and eating a lot of processed food, to name just a few. Since those are all habits that are hard to kick, you’ll be glad to hear that there are several ways you can make your teeth whiter without expensive treatments, and at the comfort of your own home.
Rinse them with coconut oil
It might be hard to believe, but coconut oil has antimicrobial properties and can help protect your teeth and gums as well as clean them. This is because coconut oil contains a fatty acid, called lauric acid that kills pathogens like bacteria, fungi, and viruses. Making a coconut oil rinse or pulling is quite simple – you just need a tablespoon of oil. Put it in your mouth and let it soften. Do this in the morning, before brushing your teeth – simply push and swish the pulling around your mouth and let it do its magic.
Bleach them with apple cider vinegar
You’ve probably seen a lot of store-bought, or homemade cleaning products based on vinegar, but did you know you can use it for your teeth as well? Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid, probiotics, and enzymes that kill germs effectively while its acidic pH level breaks down plaque and removes stains from your teeth. You should be careful, though – as it is with any acid, if you use it too often you can damage your enamel. Therefore, use it once or twice a day, before brushing. Simply dip your finger in it and rub it all over your teeth.
Absorb plaque with activated charcoal
Activated charcoal is a form of carbon, processed to have small pores that increase the surface area available for absorption. As Australian Dental Specialists claim, food items that are high in sugar are more likely to predispose your teeth to dental cavities. You should remove all food particles and bacteria from your teeth if you want to protect them from decay. The easiest way to do so is to dip your toothbrush in activated charcoal and brush your teeth with it several times a week. Activated charcoal absorbs plaque and microscopic particles that cause staining which helps your teeth stay white.
Break down plaque with berries
Strawberries and other berries are known for their antioxidative properties that can benefit your teeth and help them stay white. They’re also packed with vitamin C that breaks down plaque while malic acid helps remove surface stains. You can make your own mixture by mashing two to three strawberries into a pulp, adding a pinch of sea salt and, optionally, one tablespoon of baking soda. The salt helps the paste become an abrasive structure, while baking soda is there to enhance plaque removal. Remove any excess saliva with a paper towel, spread the mixture all over your teeth and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then rinse and wait to see the results.
Clean them with lemon
Lemon juice and peels can be great for whitening your teeth, especially if you mix it with baking soda and make a wonderful, all-natural toothpaste. Just like vinegar, lemon is naturally acidic and it helps clean your teeth and makes them whiter. Make a paste by using several teaspoons of baking soda and enough lemon juice to form a paste. Dry out your teeth and apply the paste with a toothbrush. Don’t let it sit for longer than 1 minute – acidity of the lemon might damage the enamel. That’s why rinsing afterwards is a must!
When it comes to naturally whitening your teeth, the most important thing is to be patient and realistic. You won’t get the results immediately nor will your teeth look any different. However, they will become whiter but, what’s even more important – they’ll get healthier and your smile will become your greatest weapon.
Losing weight can be challenging, frustrating, and time consuming, but with the right attitude you can surprise yourself with the results. Keep this in mind: It takes 21 days to start or break a habit. Three weeks from now, your body will stop craving sugar and fried food and ask for clean foods and water. All you need a little commitment! Here are a few fitness and eating tips to jump start your new found lifestyle!
Make healthier choices and NO Junk Food! Here are 25 quick healthy dinner ideas to try.
2. Try a fad diet to help jump start your process.
3. Workout, workout, and workout some more!
Remember in a few months your body will thank you!!
Is it me or are beauty enthusiast some of the hardest people to gift? They already have everything! Take it from a recovering beauty addict, you can never have enough products. Why not give a gift that keeps on giving? GLOW for a cause is an amazing beauty company that not only has some of the best perfumes and skincare products available, but they also donate 5% of all proceeds to six fantastic charities!With natural ingredients like coconut oil, jojoba oil, and Vitamin E, your skin will radiate a healthy glow while providing the nourishment it needs to stay vibrant. Each GLOW for a cause product is made with care because they know the importance of high-quality ingredients Their products are clean, natural, cruelty-free, made in the USA, and some are even vegan!
GLOW for a cause Gifts Include:
Look as great as you feel with each of the GLOW for a cause products this year and give the gift of beauty to your loved ones! Giving the gift of GLOW for a cause will not only make your family and friends happy, but it will help one of the multiple charities they support as well!
Facial Clay Masks
Facial Clay Scrubs
About GLOW for a cause
GLOW for a cause is a beauty company unlike any other. What started out as a quest to create the purest and highest quality body care products and soy candles has evolved into a glowing movement. Founded by artist, teacher, and skin care maven, Johanna Querry Smith, GLOW for a cause is a passion project that makes both people and the world just a little more beautiful. GLOW for a cause products are made from the finest and purest ingredients available. Every time you buy a GLOW for a cause product, you are not only pampering yourself, you are giving back 5% to our partner non-profit organizations. Now that’s beauty that GLOWS on the inside and out.
- From fruits to florals – smell fresh and clean after your morning showers! With 6 different scents to choose from, you can apply Ban Roll-On Deodorant in a scent to match your mood for odor free protection that keeps you covered all day long!Ban Roll-On Deodorant glides on easily with a formula that provides an outstanding 24 hours of invisible protection against odor wetness. With Ban’s breakthrough technology, this formula specifically targets and virtually eliminates (not cover up) stress odor that other antiperspirant/deodorants may leave behind! Choose your favorite finish in:– Unscented for sensitive skin– Regular for a light and clean floral fragrance– Powder Fresh for a classic powder scent– Satin Breeze for a feminine touch with green and citrus notes– Fresh Cotton for a refreshing floral heart with a hint of fruit– Simply Clean for fresh and powdery amber notes with hint of peach nectarBan Roll-On Deodorant is $4.99 at Drug and Mass Retailers nationwide.
I’m excited to share the latest spring launches from Skin+Pharmacy. No matter the skin concern, the NEW Skin+Pharmacy Advanced Skin Therapy collection has a solution, featuring moisture restoring technologies, that help improve skin’s texture and firmness while providing long lasting moisture retention effects (without a prescription!).
From hydrating body lotions and hand creams to diabetic moisturizers and healing gels, the powerful paraben-free products help achieve healthy skin from head to toe. Here are some favorites:
· Stretch Mark Lotion – Features powerful peptide technology, Regu®-Stretch, to help reduce the appearance of stretch marks and peptide complex Vanistryl® to improve skin brightness while Hyaluronic Acid and botanical extracts including mango, aloe and shea butter help skin feel hydrated and moisture-rich.
· 3-in-1 Itch Relief Lotion – Magnetized Moisture Technology delivers enhanced hydration to improve and maintain skin’s moisture balance while colloidal oatmeal soothes itching and calms the look of skin irritation and redness.
· Healing Gel – Features skin softener allantoin to heal dry, rough skin while stimulating cell regeneration for healthy skin and Magnetized Moisture Technology for continuous hydration.
With the hustle and bustle of the daily grind, little things are bound to slip through the cracks, like taking your daily vitamins. Although a well-balanced diet gives your body the nutrients it needs, only a fraction of them make it to your skin. Give it a bit of a boost with vitamin-based beauty products from Mad Hippie, ClarityRX, emerginC, Farmaesthetics and Karin Herzog.
Mad Hippie Vitamin A Serum
Straight from the juicy center of grapefruit is a Vitamin C packed serum that will exfoliate and tone damage skin to healing perfection.
- Retinyl Retinoate – A revolutionary new form of vitamin A that is 2x more bioavailable than retinol while also being significantly more stable. Activates collagen production while it gently exfoliates by enhancing cellular turnover, erasing wrinkles, discoloration & signs of aging.
- Coffee Berry – Antioxidant-rich superfruit that enhances collagen production & neutralizes aging free radicals.
- Chamomile Extract – A powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory qualities that has been shown to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Coconut Oil – Moisturizes and soothes skin while creating a lipid barrier that fends off skin damage. Combats wrinkles & discoloration while promoting the natural healing of the skin.
Price: $32.99 available on www.madhippie.com
ClarityRX Cleanse Daily
Skin-nourishing facial wash packed with a dose of vitamins that will restore your skin back to life!
Let this daily cleanser wash sweep away impurities and dirt. Infused with conditioning olive oil, rose hip seed oil and seaweed, your complexion is instantly renewed and refreshed, with a comfortable, clean feeling.
Price: $32.00 available on www.clarityclinicalskincare.com
emerginC vitamin c + retinol mask
Fights free-radical damage, antioxidant, key co-factor in the production of collagen, improves skin tone and texture, calming, fights sun damage, improves pigmentation problems.
- Vitamin C
- Lemon Juice
- Green Tea
Results: Gives skin a visible boost, removes dead skin cells, helps even skin tone, brightens complexion.
Farmaesthetics Sweet Milk Exfoliate Series
Balance oily skin, brighten and maintain a balanced complexion and restore a youthful glow with these powder exfoliators, made with whole sweet milk.
Features & Benefits:
- Natural lactic acid in dried sweet milk, combined with fine cornmeal and ground orange peel, provides a gentle exfoliate for the face & décollete
- Use also while bathing &, when time to remove exfoliate from face, splash clean, & then gently slip shoulders beneath water, allowing the sweet milk mixture to become a skin-brightening milk bath
Price: $27.50 available on www.farmaesthetics.com
Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi
Features & Benefits:
- Boosts the skin’s own natural replenishment and recovery mechanisms
- Accelerate cell regeneration
- Deeply hydrates and nourishes
- Combination of oxygen and vitamin A helps to fight the signs of aging
- 1% Hydrogen Peroxide
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E