Sip on The Scrumptious Taste of Snickerdoodle
I love holiday coffees – pumpkin spice latte, peppermint mocha, eggnog latte… Sounds so yummy, but also sounds so guilty. I want to introduce this keto-friendly holiday coffee drink which delivers all of the flavors that you expect for the coming holiday – it is the Snickerdoodle Caramel Latte!
Here is the recipe from Primal Kitchen. It is so simple, so tasty and the most important, you can drink it without feeling any guilty. It blends your milk of choice (this recipe used coconut), steamed, with hot drip coffee swirled with Primal Kitchen Snickerdoodle Collagen Fuel for a burst of cinnamon-sugar flavor. Top with real whipped cream, or coconut cream if you can’t tolerate dairy, a couple pinches of ground cinnamon, and a swirl of keto-friendly caramel. This Keto Snickerdoodle Caramel Coffee perches the angel and the devil on your shoulders, only for once they’re in silent agreement that you should sip and savor this fancy, seductive coffee drink in peace.
Keto Snickerdoodle Caramel Coffee with Collagen
- 6 ounces water
- 2 Tbsp coffee grounds (I used Dope Coffee)
- 1/4 cup (2.16 ounces) milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream or coconut cream
- 1 scoop Primal Kitchen Snickerdoodle Collagen Fuel
- 2 Tbsp keto caramel* (I used Monk fruit Sweetener for substitute)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon stick, if desired
- Use a 10- to 12-ounce mug for this recipe.
- You’ll need a stand mixer or handheld beaters to whip the cream.
- You’ll need a mason jar a French Press to steam the milk.
- Prepare coffee in a coffee maker, French press, or pour over coffee maker. While the coffee is brewing, steam the milk, and whip the cream.
To make whipped cream:
- Pour cream into stand mixer metal bowl fitted with the wire whisk attachment, or into a metal bowl with handheld beater whisks inserted into the cream.
- Turn the mixer to medium speed.
- Whip air into cream for about 3 minutes.
To make steamed milk:
- Mason jar + microwave method: Pour milk into a small mason jar, then screw the lid on tightly. Shake the jar (show it who’s boss) until the milk is frothy. Remove the lid and microwave the milk on medium-high power for 30 seconds. Remove milk and stir. Heat for another 15 seconds, then stir.
- French Press method: Heat milk either in the microwave or on the stove (140ºF is the right temperature, in case you’re measuring). Pour milk into a clean French Press and push plunger up and down repeatedly until the milk doubles in volume.
To assemble the coffee drink:
- Add 1 scoop of Primal Kitchen Snickerdoodle Collagen Fuel to the bottom of your large mug.
- Pour the hot coffee on top of the collagen.
- Use a fork to whisk the collagen into the coffee until well combined. Pour the steamed milk over the coffee.
- Top with whipped cream and keto caramel. Dust with ground cinnamon, and add a cinnamon stick, if desired.
Nutrition info (per serving, Servings: 1):
Net Carbs: 5 grams
Fat: 15 grams
Protein: 11 grams
Nutrition info calculated using Cronometer. Nutrition info includes 1/4 cup unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk, 1/4 cup whipped heavy cream, and 2 Tbsp ChocZero’s Caramel Sugar-Free Syrup.
(With coconut whipped cream)
If you have a sweet tooth like me, you might be easily seduced by cookies—particularly homemade, barely-out-of-the-oven cookies. This is the perfect cookie condition; it’s in a state of a-little-more-cooked than cookie dough but not yet hardened by the room temperature air that cools it to a more crisp texture. This Primal Snickerdoodle Cookies strive to be that fusion of soft interior with an ever-so-slight crunch when the teeth tap into it.
Primal Snickerdoodle Cookies
Like a mom to multiple children, moms won’t pick a favorite cookie (at least not out loud, ha), but snickerdoodle cookies definitely top mom’s list of all-time fave classic cookies. Sweet, spicy, buttery, and soft, snickerdoodles are great year-round, but fit oh-so-well on holiday cookie plates and alongside a chai latte or pumpkin spice latte when the days get shorter and the air gets more crisp in the fall.
Time: 52 minutes
Servings: 8 cookies
Nutrition info (per cookie):
Carbs: 14 grams*
Net Carbs: 12.5 grams
Fat: 14 grams
Protein: 7 grams
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter
- 5 Tbsp Brown Sugar Swerve
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 1/2 tsp full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup + 1 1/2 tsp Primal Kitchen Snickerdoodle Collagen Fuel
Roll cookie balls in:
- 2 Tbsp granular monk fruit or Swerve
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cut cold butter into small chunks. Place the butter in a bowl and add in the Swerve and almond flour. Use the back of a fork or a food processor to work the butter into the sweetener.
- Add in the coconut milk, baking soda, vanilla extract, salt, and Collagen Fuel, and mix with the fork.
- Form dough into 8 balls. Roll in cinnamon-sweetener.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment. Place the dough balls on the parchment-lined cookie sheet and put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Remove cookie sheet from the freezer. Bake cookies on the middle rack for 10-12 minutes (until balls have just melted flat and aren’t risen in center).
- Remove cookies from the oven. While still hot, gently lift parchment (with cookies still on it). Take a glass or small bowl that is slightly larger than the cookies and gently swirl it around the cookies to bring the edges in tight and make perfect circles.
- Allow to cool before removing from from the cookie sheet with a spatula.
COLLAGEN FUEL® Drink Mix – Snickerdoodle
Satisfy your sweet tooth with cinnamon: PRIMAL KITCHEN® COLLAGEN FUEL® Drink Mix now comes in Snickerdoodle! Made with creamy coconut milk powder and vanilla extract, it’s like to compress a batch of these deliciously decadent cookies into every scoop of this Keto Certified and Paleo Friendly powder. Each serving contains 10g of type 1 and 3 collagen to support hair, skin, and nails, and blends beautifully into smoothies, stirs into scrumptious shakes, or couples well with coffee. Treat yourself to uncompromisingly delicious taste while supplementing your routine with collagen peptides.
- Keto Certified
- 10g of Collagen per Serving
- Paleo Friendly
About Mark Sisson & PRIMAL KITCHEN®
Mark Sisson, New York Times bestselling author, media personality, ex-endurance athlete (5th place USA Marathon Championship, 4th place Hawaii Ironman finish) founded the PRIMALKITCHEN® brand in 2015. He has been educating the world on nutrition and the benefits of fat and protein for the last decade via his blog, MarksDailyApple.com.
With the launch of the PRIMAL KITCHEN® brand, Mark Sisson delivers on his mission to create uncompromisingly delicious condiments, sauces, cooking oils, collagen peptides and pantry staples that are made with fats we love and clean ingredients, and contain no dairy, gluten, grain, refined sugar or soy. PRIMAL KITCHEN is the maker of the #1 condiment in natural grocery, the #1 salad dressing brand in natural grocery, and #1 product in six key condiment categories in natural grocery: mayo, salad dressing, BBQ sauce, steak sauce, ketchup and avocado oil. As Mark would say, Eat Like Your Life Depends on It, because it does. Learn more at primalkitchen.com.