Coincides With Launch Of Sustainable Replacement Watch Bands,
And 100% Recycled And Curbside Recyclable Packaging
Nixon, in step with its commitment to minimizing its environmental footprint of its watches, bags, and other accessories, has revamped its most popular Tide and technical watches, creating the first digital watch collection to incorporate the #tide brand of ocean plastic. Based in Basel, Switzerland, #tide ocean material® is one of the leaders in upcycling ocean waste and transforming it into a premium award-winning raw material for new products. Each of the new Nixon #tide watches takes two ocean-bound plastic bottles out of circulation, creating a sustainable timepiece built to last.
In creating its new #tide ocean plastic collection, Nixon has introduced one new tide watch, the High Tide, and upgraded the materials in some of its best-selling technical watches to include #tide in both existing and new colorways. The current Nixon #tide line includes:
– High Tide ($220): Nixon’s first new watch to be released using #tide ocean plastics. A high-definition tide watch with a uniquely customizable display built for long days in the water.
– Staple ($115): A watch that can make those tough decisions for you. Featuring a razor-thin profile and customizable display, the Staple’s digital coin flip feature
– Base Tide Pro ($150): Clear, informative, and comfortable. Nixon stripped away anything that wouldn’t be helpful or functional in the water when creating this ocean-goer favorite.
– Rival ($125): A tide watch that combines environmental consciousness with everyday wearability. The high contrast display and ultra-soft silicone band make it stylish enough for daily wear.
– Siren ($115): The beach meets the street in this tide watch that blends style and substance. The perfect blend of comfort, function, and environmentally friendly style.
#tide Collaboration Is More Than An Environmental One-Off For Nixon
Nixon has always lived in the rare space where style meets function, creating custom-built accessories that reflect its unique take on the world. Nixon’s latest efforts to create a more sustainable line of premium accessories goes well beyond its new #tide collection of watches. Late last year, Nixon revamped its bag line to be the first in the U.S. made from REPREVE® Our Ocean™ ocean plastic fabric. Earlier this year Nixon debuted an array of replacement sustainable watch bands, along with 100% recycled and curbside recyclable packaging throughout the packaging of its entire collection of watches.