Celebrate the holiday season with the wonders of wool! Natural, biodegradable, and USA sustainable, wool makes the perfect gift for everyone on your list. Give them a gift that they will not only love and use but also a gift that supports sustainable family sheep ranches in the USA. Shop Sonoma Wool Company today.
Sonoma Wool Company believes the qualities of wool are ideal to be used for practical products to make your home a more natural and soothing place. From luxurious bedding to simple, long-lasting dish drying mats, you’ll fall in love with all things wool. Wool is water-wicking. The same qualities that make wool breathable, also allow it to wick water away, and remain bacteria, mold and mildew-free. Drying dishes is a breeze with Sonoma Wool Company’s Wool Dish Drying Mat with Linen Sleeve. Eliminate the synthetics and plastics around your sink area and take comfort in these all-natural fibers that are uniquely superior to anything else on the market.
Wool Dish Drying Mat with Linen Sleeve
Sonoma Wool Company is most popular for its all-natural, 100% wool dish drying mat. They created this product in the little red barn on Pozzi Ranch and introduced it to the world in 2013. This drying mat is eco-friendly, durable enough to withstand years of use and is made with all-natural, sustainable, and biodegradable fibers. The wool used is from family-owned ranches across the country. These wool dish drying mats are handcrafted in the USA using no chemicals or synthetics.
What makes wool the best material?
- 100% natural – no dyes
- Absorbs up to 30% of its own weight in moisture
- Naturally resists mold and mildew*
- 100% wool and linen
- Measures 16″ x 20″ x 3/8”
- The Linen Sleeves are made in India, the region of the world where flax is grown and linen fabric is made.
Bring the simplicity of nature’s beauty into your home with the world’s most ancient fibers – wool & linen. Used for thousands of years, these “super” fibers naturally resist mold and mildew, are highly absorbent, and eliminate the need for using synthetics and plastics around your sink area. This is the best eco-friendly dish drying mat you will ever own.
Care: The Dish Drying Mat needs to fully dry between uses, which will naturally occur when kept on counter. If your wool dish drying mat is heavily used to the point of saturation, hang the mat between uses to increase air flow. If needed, your mat may be spot cleaned with a mild soap in tepid water. Dry flat. Do not machine wash. Linen sleeve may be machine washed and air-drying to maximize it’s lifetime is recommended.
* Note: Wool is naturally mold and mildew resistant. This is because of its unique molecular structure allowing air to pass through its fibers. However, if it remains saturated for any length of time, wool, just like any material, may get moldy. The Dish Drying Mat is designed to sit on your counter without the need to remove it between uses. If, however, you are in a large family/household, or live in a damp climate, and find that the Dish Drying Mat is regularly saturated, the company recommends lifting your Dish Drying Mat off the counter after you use it, and giving it time to dry out between uses.
The simple elegance of wool for your bedroom! Sonoma Wool Company’s Wool Bedding Collection is pure luxury. To create this Wool Comforter, Sonoma Wool Company takes the wool batting, and encase it in 100% cotton fabric. It is hand-tufted, with a row of stitching on the perimeter to hold the wool in place. (No more waking up wondering where the fill in your comforter has gone!) Completely natural, never any dyes or chemicals.
Wool is the best choice for bedding. Its unique fibers naturally insulate from both heat and cold, wick away moisture, and help you maintain a constant body temperature. And, wool is naturally resistant to dust mites, bacteria, mold, and mildew and acts as a natural fire retardant. The company assures you, the best eco-friendly bedding is made of wool! Sonoma Wool Company Comforters are made in California, using entirely American Wool. You can learn more about their Wool here.
Protect your comforter from spills with a cotton or linen duvet cover. To renew and freshen your comforter, simply expose it to sunlight and fresh air for several hours. Dry clean if necessary, but try to avoid harsh chemicals.
Wool Shoe Insoles
Keep your feet pampered, warm and dry! Add Sonoma Wool Company’s 100% wool insoles to your shoes and boots to keep your feet warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Fit in regular shoes, sneakers, work boots, rain boots, and hiking boots.
- One size – 13″ inches in length, 3/8″ thick, and will compress over time.
- Trim with scissors for a custom fit. They must be snug to prevent slipping.
- Wool naturally wicks away moisture and is resistant to mold and mildew.
- 100% natural felted wool — No dyes or chemicals.
- Hand wash in cool water and line dry if necessary.
Sonoma Wool Company believes in supporting local farmers, ranchers, and makers. Keeping the valuable dollar in local economies is important to keeping the communities thriving.
Wool is breathable, environmentally friendly, fire resistant, durable and completely USA sustainable. Sonoma Wool Company began at Pozzi Ranch, a sheep ranch in the coastal region of Northern California, where the average rainfall is over 40 inches per year. Coarse-grade wool sheep thrive in this climate. Their coarse wool, with a 28 to 34 micron count, easily sheds the heavy rains of this region and keeps the sheep warm. The sheep with this type of wool are traditionally British breeds, including Dorset, North Country Cheviot, Romney, Suffolk, and Hampshire. This coarse American wool has the benefit of being perfect for creating practical products for you and your home.