I have been held my sweet tooth the whole year for the holidays. I believe a lot of people are like me. No time is better than holidays to eat tons of sweets! Check out these delicious cranberry dessert recipes from Cape Cod Select. Everyone loves cranberry! Here are some easy recipes to make your holiday party a real sweet one!
Cape Cod Select has been working with food bloggers who have so much creativity and the talent to execute an amazing looking and tasting recipe. Amanda of @Stir.taste.smile took on Cape Cod Select‘s frozen cranberries and turned them into these awesome Cranberry Pop-Tarts! These pastries will be a hit with kids and adults alike. The sprinkles really make for a fun looking treat.
Start by making the cranberry filling. Add frozen cranberries (do not thaw), sugar, orange juice, orange zest, and spices in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 15-20 minutes until liquid is almost gone. Whisk 2 tsp. of cornstarch with 2 tsp. of cold water until combined and slowly add it to the cranberry mixture. Stir until it thickens, remove from heat and let cool. Place in the refrigerator until cool.
Preheat oven to 400F.
Using the 2 thawed puff pastry sheets, cut each sheet into 6 rectangles, 12 in total. Fill half of the rectangles (6) with 2 tablespoons of cranberry filling. Egg wash the edges of the filled sheets. Lay the remaining 6 rectangles on top of the filling and seal using a fork. Egg wash the tops and place in the oven on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
While pop-tarts cook make your glaze. Whisk together powedered sugar, orange juice, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Remove pop-tarts from the oven and allow to cool. Glaze tops and top with sprinkles and enjoy!
View the full recipe at https://www.capecodselect.com/recipes/details/cranberry-pop-tarts.
Cranberry Goat Cheese Parfait
Easy No Bake Recipe!
As you know Cape Cod Select loves working with talented food bloggers like Maria of Sweet Fix Baker to create new and exciting recipes for you! This recipe is perfect for any event and is so easy to make. You don’t even need to turn your oven on! And how good does Cranberry Goat Cheese Parfait’s sound?
1. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine cranberries, sugar, 1/4 cup of water, lime zest, lime juice and vanilla extract. Turn heat to medium high and let the ingredients cook for 8-10 minutes, until sugar is dissolved and cranberries release their juice. Cranberries need to be soft, but not mushy. Add the cornstarch diluted in water, mix and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Let cool completely before assembling your parfait. Compote will thicken as it cools.
2. Freeze a metal bowl and whisk attachment for 10 minutes. Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form and set aside.
3. Beat the softened goat and cream cheese on medium speed, until smooth and creamy, making sure no lumps are left. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and salt and mix until well incorporated. Fold in whipped cream with a spatula. Refrigerate while doing the rest of the recipe.
4. Mix all of the graham cracker crumbs, crushed walnuts and butter until butter covers everything and mixture resembles wet sand.
5. To assemble, place a layer of graham cracker crumb mix, then place on top a layer of goat cheese cheesecake. To top, add a layer of cooled cranberry compote.
1. Remove cream cheese and goat cheese from the fridge 1 hour prior to using
2. Let the Cranberry compote cool completely before assembling. You can make the Cranberry compote up to 3 days ahead of time and store covered in the fridge, so it’s completely cooled before using.
View the full recipe at https://www.capecodselect.com/recipes/details/cranberry-goat-cheese-parfait.
Cranberry Orange Donuts
Created for Cape Cod Select by Broken Oven Baking Company
Kayla Burton of Broken Oven Baking Company has created a delicous Cranberry Orange Donut recipe that you can recreate at home! Follow the simple steps and enjoy homemade donuts anytime you’d like with frozen Cape Cod Select cranberries available year round.
Cranberry Orange Donuts:
1.Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a donut pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the cranberries to lightly coat them with the flour mixture.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar. Stir in the orange zest, egg, vanilla extract and sour cream.
4. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined, then gently stir in the milk.
5. Spoon or pipe batter into the prepared donut pan, about ⅔ full (makes about 7 thick donuts but quantity will vary depending on donut size).
6. Bake donuts until they’re light tan around the edges and spring back when lightly pressed (about 15-25 minutes).
7. Let donuts cool in the pan until it’s just warm to the touch. Then take them out and let them finish cooling on a wire rack.
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, butter and orange juice.
2. Dip the cooled donuts into the glaze and cover with sprinkles (optional).
View the full recipe at https://www.capecodselect.com/recipes/details/cranberry-orange-donuts.
The EASIEST “ice cream” you will ever make! Grab your blender or food processor, cranberries, bananas and white chocolate chips .. seriously, that’s it!! Thanks for the quick and yummy recipe Jay of Chop Happy Blog.1. In a blender, blend frozen cranberries until they look like pink snow.
2. Add frozen bananas and blend again until smooth.
3. Add white chocolate chips and stir by hand.
4. Scoop into a bowl and enjoy!View the full recipe at https://www.capecodselect.com/recipes/details/3-ingredient-cranberry-white-chocolate-ice-cream.
For over 80 years, Cape Cod Select has been harvesting cranberries in Southeastern Massachusetts, the heart of “Cranberry Country. Their high-quality frozen cranberries are grown on a fourth-generation family-owned farm, Edgewood Bogs in Carver, Massachusetts.
Cape Cod Select‘s premium quality cranberries are sustainably farmed and frozen whole at the peak of freshness. Convenient resealable package allows for using as much or as little as needed each time. You can order 2 packs 48oz Frozen Cranberries from Amazon.
- Two 48oz bags totaling 6lbs of Whole fresh frozen cranberries grown in Massachusetts by 4th generation farmers.
- Product comes frozen, shipped with dry ice. Packaging is resealable for fresh keepings.
- Frozen cranberries are a good source of the antioxidant Vitamin C. Great for smoothies, cooking, and baking. Pre-washed and recipe ready.
- Non-GMO, All Natural, No Added Sugar
Bring the best cranberry chutney to your holiday parties! You’ll be glad it comes in a 2 pack it’s so tasty! Cape Cod Select’s cranberry chutney is made with real ingredients. No high fructose corn syrup here! Cape Cod Select finally jarred their specialty Cranberry Chutney. A family recipe passed down for generations. This gift set comes with 2 – 10oz jars of Cranberry Chutney that will go perfectly with your chicken, turkey or pork, spooned over ice cream or yogurt, spread on a sandwich or poured over warm brie!