- With summer heat on the rise, cool down in more ways than one thanks to these beauty friendly essentials! From skincare saviors to refreshing recipes to hair styling alternatives, we’ve got the top 7 essentials you need to beat the heat so you look and feel good all season long:
1) Feel refreshed and sweat free in just one swipe thanks to Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cloths! These unique towelettes that wipe away sweat, cool the body down, and leave a unique soft powder finish, so you’re left feeling completely refreshed, with no sticky residue. Unlike others, these cloths will leave skin feeling smooth and silky, instead of wet and sticky. ($3.29; Drugstores and Mass Retailers)
2) Moisturize irritated, eczema prone skin with a uniquely cooling formula, Curél Itch Defense Instant Soothing Moisturizing Spray. Uniquely soothing, this formula delivers a mix of light yet potent hydrators — including a proprietary ceramide complex, allantoin and panthenol — to ease parched, itchy skin right where you need it. The Proprietary Cooling Complex feels soothing like a cold compress, lending you instant relief. ($8.99; Drug and mass merchants)
3) Treat dark circles and under eye areas to a refreshing and cool to the touch eye zone treatment! Masque Bar Hydro Gel Eye Dark Spot Eye Patch diminishes the look of dark circles with a formula that is enriched with Gold, Adenosine and Snail Extract helps improve elasticity and brightness. It is also effective to help reduce the appearance of eye puffiness and dark circles. ($29.99; Select Ricky’s NYC locations and www.rickysnyc.com)
4) Keep your body and skin hydrated with the a cold and refreshing Glowing Green Smoothie (GGS). This smoothie is a perfect whole food blend with carefully selected ingredients by celebrity nutritionist, Kimberly Snyder, that helps you consume large amounts of fiber, greens, fresh fruits and vitamin C-filled lemon, so your body can easily digest and receive maximum nutrition. The GGS is perfect and safe to consume every day as an essential foundation of your healthy diet! ($8.75; order in bulk on www.myglowbio.com or purchase at the Glow Bio Store at 7473 Melrose Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90046)
5) Get a bronzed glow from head to toe without lying out in the heat! ESPA Naturally Radiant Gradual Tan is a nourishing and smoothing body cream that intuitively works with your skin’s chemistry to develop a natural and healthylookingtan. With plant actives to create a color that graduallydevelops over 4 hours your skin will be left bronzed and radiant. With a combination of Shea Butter, Coconut and SweetAlmondOil the skin is left feeling deeply hydrated and soft. ($58; us.espaskincare.com)
6) Cool down and fight blemishes before they start with Bioré Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser.This refreshing liquid cleanser targets and removes dirt and oil that can cause blemishes, leaving you with clear skin. The deep, yet gentle cleanser invigorates and cools as it removes over 99% of dirt and oil. ($6.99; Drugstores and Mass Retailers)7) During these hot summer months, spend less time struggling with your hairdryer with help from DreamDry’s NEW DreamTurban™! Made from an incredibly plush, extra-absorbent fabric, the DreamTurban™ significantly reduces hair’s drying time, leaving it healthy and shiny. The machine-washable wrap’s unique design features an elastic band at the end of the turban and a button at the base, allowing you to secure the wrap in place while you get ready for your day. ($30; at www.dreamdry.com and DreamDry salons)
Head into summer with a DreamDry inspired hairstyle! Whether you’re going to the beach, heading on a tropical getaway or going out at the local rooftop bar – you can achieve the perfect bohemian, summer chic hair-do that’s warm weather approved thanks to DreamDry! Sonia David, Lead Stylist at New York and Chicago’s premier blowout destination is giving you the tips on achieving the DreamDry style that works for your summer weekend occasions:
For the beach – The Fishtail is messy with volume, your “mermaid” inspired braid . A fishtail braid can be intimidating, so for beginners I suggest sticking to a regular braid with added texture. Start by teasing your roots for volume at your crown. Gently secure hair into a low ponytail with a hair tie. Braid your ponytail all the way to the bottom securing in place with an additional hair tie. Lastly, separate pieces of the braid for an effortless, undone look!
For a tropical getaway – Bianca is the ultimate crown braid, that goes from day to night. Easily achieve this look by separating your hair into two parts. Create a braid on each side and secure them in place with hair ties. Wrap one braid around the front of your crown securing in place with bobby pins. Then, wrap the second braids in the opposite direction securing with bobby pins as well. Finish your look by gently separating pieces of the braid for a relaxed, bohemian chic vibe.
For a night out – Juliette is soft and romantic side-swept glamour with a braid. You can create this look with hair that’s straight or wavy, by taking a section of hair at the crown. Create a braid securing it with a hair tie, and wrap it around the side of your head. Keep it in place with bobby pins for a look that’s casual yet stylish.
More hair inspiration by visiting DreamDry’s Style Menu, on www.dreamdry.com.