When life gives you lemons, make Lemonette!
It’s easy to cut and put all the ingredients together for a salad, but it’s hard to make a good dressing. I don’t know if you are like me – always asking any order or take-out salad to put the dressings on the side. Please don’t put your dressings on my salad since I am really not sure if I like it or not… Since we still cook at home a lot these days, choosing a delicious and healthy salad dressing saves you a lot of time and energy! Let me introduce a Socal brand – Lemonette.
Lemonette is the first and only lemon-based clean gourmet dressing available in different flavors that are great for dressings, marinades, dips, grilling, finishes, and your own concoctions.
The Mediterranean diet has long used lemons as a staple in its recipes. Crafted in small batches and locally sourced in California, lemon is the foundation of all four Lemonette flavors – Mediterranean Herb, Italian Herb, Lemon Garlic, and Zesty Cumin.
Meet all your culinary needs with this wholesome alternative to vinegar, cream, or soy-based sauces. It’s vegan, non-GMO, dairy free, without any sugar or artificial ingredients. Clean, simple, plant-powered ingredients.
Whether used on hot or cold dishes, Lemonette adds flavor and nutrition to salads, grains, legumes, grilled veggies, pasta, seafood, and poultry.
Welcome harvest flavors and colors with these recipes sure to entice your palate.
STUFFED PUMPKIN DELIGHT
The Ghapama, or stuffed pumpkin, is delicious. It is also so pretty as a centerpiece that you almost don’t want to eat it!
- Medium size pumpkin (take out all the seeds and pulp)
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped of each: Almond, walnut, raisin, dried apricot
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 stick butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup LEMONETTE® Zesty Cumin Dressing
- Cook rice
- Add sugar
- Add cinnamon
- Mix chopped nuts and fruit with cooked rice
- Fill pumpkin with mixture
- Pour LEMONETTE® Zesty Cumin Dressing, honey and butter inside
- Wrap pumpkin with 3 layers of foil
- Bake for 1 hour on 450 degrees. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and keep cooking until pumpkin is tender and fully cooked.
This Zesty Cumin dressing is so versatile that you can even use it to make this tangy stuffing any time of the year. A vegan favorite, substituting butter with vegetable oil.
- Vegetable oil (e.g. olive, grapeseed, canola) OR butter, 1 stick (for non-vegans)
- Celery, chopped, 2 cups
- Onion, 1 large, chopped
- Crisp apples, 2 large (e.g. Pink Lady), diced and unpeeled
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bay leaves, 2
- Crushed oregano to taste
- Crusty bread, 1 large loaf (e.g. ciabatta), cubed
- Pumpkin seeds, 1/2 cup
- LEMONETTE® Zesty Cumin Dressing, 2 cups
- Heat up the oil in a skillet. (For non-vegans, melt the butter in the skillet.)
- Add in and sautee’ the celery, onions, bay leaves, crushed oregano, salt, pepper, and apples until soft.
- Add pumpkin seeds, cubed crusty bread, 2 cups of LEMONETTE® Zesty Cumin Dressing and stir to absorb all of the flavors.
- Pour the entire mixture into a casserole dish.
- Roast the mixture at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. (For non-vegans, you can stuff the mixture inside the cavity of the turkey and let it cook together.)
Thoughtfully crafted in small batches & locally sourced in California, LEMONETTE® offers a new & wholesome alternative to vinegar, cream, or soy-based sauces. LEMONETTE® DRESSINGS is versatile. Enjoy it on cold salads (green, bean, grain) & hot dishes (poultry, fish, pasta, grilled fruits/vegetables).
Lemonette is a women-owned business offering the first line of exclusively lemon-based salad dressings and marinades. A clean gourmet line, the non-GMO dressings are thoughtfully crafted in small batches in California, using locally sourced ingredients. It’s a great alternative to vinegar, cream, or soy-based sauces. Find Lemonette in over 800+ fine food retailers across the nation including 350 Sprouts stores. Can’t find Lemonette in your local store? No problem! Get it online on Amazon! A portion of all proceeds is donated to The Heart Foundation. Follow them on Instagram @lemonettedressings.