When you want pizza fast, you can order delivery or you can bake your own at home. If you want a pizza your way, you can either customize your shop-made pie and pay the extra fees for cherry picking your toppings or you can build your own pizza at home.
With the wide array of frozen and ready-made pizza crusts available now, including refrigerated ready-made dough, gluten-free, frozen cauliflower and veggie-spiked pizza crusts, you can have the best of both worlds by combining the convenience of a ready-to-top-and-bake pizza crust with red sauce or white sauce or just olive oil and your favorite toppings. But before you top your pre-made pizza crust, make sure to read the package instructions, as most refrigerated or frozen pizza crusts require some bake time in the oven before being adorned with toppings.
Made with a frozen almond flour pizza crust, easy veggie pizza comes together in about 25 minutes. Below is Primal Kitchen‘s veggie pizza recipe only needs simple ingredients and takes very short time.
Veggie Pizza with Red Sauce (in 25 Minutes!)
Time: 30 minutes total (5-min prep, 25-min bake time) Servings: 3
- 1 frozen pizza crust (we used Cappello’s Grain Free Naked Pizza Crust)
- 1/4 cup
- 4 sticks string cheese
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets, separated
- 12 thin slices red onion
- 6 green bell pepper strips, cut in half
- 1/4 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp. parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Place a baking sheet or pizza stone in the middle rack of the oven while it heats up.
- Place unpacked pizza crust on the preheated baking sheet or pizza stone (use oven mitts to handle the sheet or stone). Bake pizza crust for 11–15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven.
- Spoon on red pizza sauce and, with the back of the spoon, spread it out on the bottom of the crust. Top the pizza crust with all of the veggies and cheese coins.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 6–10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and lightly golden. Remove the pizza from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Sprinkle the cooked pizza with fresh parsley, and enjoy!
The pizza comes out beautiful, we say this probably is the best home-making pizza ever. As Ryan is still on Keto diet, a cheat meal doesn’t count as the cheat part any more, he is very happy about that. Next time, we will take a challenge to make the following deep dish pizza at home with Primal Kitchen’s Unsweetened Red Pizza Sauce!
The culinary equivalent of a momma bear hug, Chicago-style deep dish pizza nests its toppings in a sturdy bowl of crust whose walls wrap protectively around the oozing, oven-sizzled ingredients that are blanketed by a chunky layer of red pizza sauce. Its comfort is thick, deep, and layered. Unlike the shoulder-tap-for-two-seconds hug delivered by a thin-crust pizza, the deep dish pizza grabs your attention on first sight with its sheer size and heft before nuzzling you in a warm embrace as you bite into its layers, fork and knife required.
Perfect cool-temperature food, let me introduce Primal kitchen’s deep dish pizza recipe includes a grain-free crust, keto-friendly toppings, and unsweetened red pizza sauce baked in a cast iron skillet. This deep dish pizza recipe takes about an hour to prep and bake so you can have a homemade Friday night pizza and movie night ready in a reasonable amount of time.
Deep Dish Pizza (Grain-Free)
Time: 1 hour Servings: 8
Grain-Free Deep Dish Pizza Crust Ingredients
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 Tbsp.
1 tsp. dried Italian herbs
- 1 cup water, recently boiled
Grain-Free Deep Dish Pizza Ingredients
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (your choice of spicy or sweet)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, diced (any color)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced
- 2 cups (1 jar)
1/4 cup basil leaves
- Place a 12-inch cast iron skillet in the oven and preheat the oven to 425ºF. Leave the skillet in the oven for 10 minutes after the oven has preheated.
To make the pizza crust:
- Place the flours, eggs, salt, dried herbs, and 3 Tbsp. of avocado oil into a blender or food processor. Pour in 1 cup of hot water. Process until smooth. Let the mixture sit in the blender for 10 minutes.
Continue prepping the pizza…
- In the meantime, in a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove, remove the Italian sausage from its casings and heat in the skillet. Break up any large clumps of sausage and cook until browned. When browned, remove from the skillet to a plate and set aside. Turn off the stove.
- Remove the skillet from the oven with oven mitts. Add 1 Tbsp. of avocado oil to the skillet and swirl it around to coat the skillet. Pour the dough into the hot skillet and spread it out evenly with a spatula.
- Put the pizza dough in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven, and add the sausage, mushrooms, bell peppers, and cheese. Spoon on the pizza sauce over the toppings and spread out with a spatula.
- Place the pizza back into the oven and cook for another 20 minutes. Remove the pizza and place the basil leaves on top of the pizza sauce. Bake for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling. Remove the skillet from the oven, and allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
The pie’s the limit! Unsweetened, made with avocado oil, Keto Certified, Certified Paleo, and Whole30 Approved®, Primal Kitchen’s savory pizza sauce is primed for a pizza party. This sauce is made without added sugar, so go ahead, slather your favorite cauliflower or flatbread crust in this pizza sauce, and top with roasted peppers, olives, avocado, BBQ chicken, and fried eggs for a tasty twist on the tried-and-true, however you slice it!