5 years ago, August 2005 – I was in a relationship and my then boyfriend decided to buy a dog for us. Ophelia was the love of my life… and by December, we had also adopted her brother Jacob. There were no words.Then of course, we broke up and I left with pieces of my heart and my dog Jacob.For the past 5 years, I have borrowed so many puppies and babysat all sorts of dogs so that Jacob can have someone to play with. So finally, I decided to take the plunge and welcome Brooklyn to our little family. She is just a little baby right now but one day, I see Jacob and her running through hiking trails together with me in the Californian mountains!Lots to look forward to! I am excited and feel tremendously blessed. A lot of people told me that 2 dogs is hard and it will be too difficult and threw 100 what ifs at me. What if you lose your job, what if you move, what if you meet a guy with a cat etc… The truth is, it is NEVER a good time to get a dog. You obviously have to be realistic and prepared for what is involved but there is no great time to make these changes unless you want to and look forward to. I love and enjoy having Jacob as a part of my life. We exercise together daily and he has taught be about spiritual success and auras and attitude. Because of him, I have met many work and personal contacts. I know that what I give to Jacob is not comparable to all that he has given to me. I am so excited to see all I can learn from Brooklyn.The Self Approved person hears all points of views but takes their own advice & knows their dreams are real.
My dream is to be able to buy a house in California or Toronto in 2 years time and have a yard. My dogs will come with me and travel and enjoy every since day of my adventurous life, rain or shine, thick or thin. One day at a time.
*HeyDoYou is for the cute, clever and connected*
Since my dad thought it was okay to give Jacob a piece of his sugarless dark chocolate this weekend while I was gone… I think I better post this for everyone so no dogs will die >_< Jacob is okay. I guess it wasn’t enough to kill him. YikesDO NOT FEED ANY DOGS the following
Chocolate, macadamia nuts and onions. Each of these foods contains chemicals which rarely cause problems for humans, but for dogs, these same chemicals can be deadly.
- Avocado (all parts) – the toxic ingredient in avocado is called persin (toxic amount unknown). Mmost documented cases of poisoning have been in livestock that have eaten all parts of the avocado and in large amounts. The toxin may be confined to the leaves, bark, skin or seed but the flesh is thought to be poisonous to birds.
- Pear pips, the kernels of plums, peaches and apricots, apple core pips (contain cyanogenic glycosides resulting in cyanide posioning)
- Potato peelings and green looking potatoes
- Rhubarb leaves
- Mouldy/spoiled foods (keep garbage lid firmly on)
- Yeast dough
- Coffee grounds, beans & tea (caffeine)
- Hops (used in home brewing)
- Tomato leaves & stems (green parts)
- Broccoli (in large amounts)
- Raisins and grapes
- Cigarettes, tobacco, cigars
- Xylitol (sweetener often found in sugar-free gum)
- Cooked bones – they can splinter and cause gut perforation, as well as blockages in the intestine, tooth fractures, and cooked chop bones can get stuck across the roof of the mouth
- Corn cobs – a common cause of intestinal blockage requiring surgical removalDogs are not human. Even though sometimes we forget.
*HeyDoYou is for the cute, clever and connected*
- There has been a death in the family. I am so sad. I woke up this morning with a strange urge to call my exboyfriend. It was a weird feeling. I sent him a text message hello and warrant no reply. Then I went on with my day and left for my internship. While I was driving, I got a ‘updated PIN’ BBM message from his brother. I proceed to say hello and he told me the sad news. Lia – who is Jacob’s sister and my estranged little girl, was put down yesterday based on her owner’s choice. She seemed to exhibit aggressive behavior and the decision was made. I personally think that it take me a lot to give up on someone and something. I believe in rehabilitation, I believe in circumstance and I believe there is no such thing as bad dogs only bad owners. I am terribly saddened by this news but also would love to take the time to celebrate her life and the joy she brought to Jacob and I.We miss and love you Lia. You will always be my baby.Ophelia June 2005 – Feb 2010
- It’s almost be 4 years since I bought Lia her first little bunny costume for Halloween which she hated. Last year, I thought it would be funny to dress Jacob up as a French Maid. LOL only for 5 minutes.So since then dressing up Jacob for Halloween is never my priority but I was searching online and BHAHAHAHA is all i have to say!
HeyDoYou is for the cute, clever and connected! Follow this blog!
Has your car ever stalled on the hwy or have a flat tire? How many people stopped to help you? You know what I’m saying??
HeyDoYou is for the cute, clever and connected – Follow this blog!