I read somewhere that when dogs feel extremely comfortable, protected and secure, they will expose their belly. The thinking is that ancestrally, in the wild, exposing your vulnerable parts (belly and groin) can put an animal in danger. But household pets hundreds of years later definitely will be doing lots of that. My dog Cami shows her happiness by rolling – ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE. This means a simple park visit could be a long bath afterwards. The parks in Vegas always have dried grass bits, leaves and dust that sticks to her short double coat. Even though Cami went from 8 to 80 lbs really quick, she will always be our baby!
We were given the opportunity to test our the Duty Mitt. This compact cleaning wipe is awesome to keep in the car! The Pet Grooming Mitt is the ultimate pet grooming product. It is a single use, disposable product that offers a gentle, cleansing formula and mild deodorizer-essential for maintaining a clean and healthy coat. The non-toxic ingredients control pet odors and reduce allergy-causing dander. With The Pet Grooming Mitt you get “A Clean Fresh Wipe Every Time.”
• Grooming mitt for all pets
• Alternative to a bath
• Wipes away dirt and odors
• Antibacterial & hypo-allergenic
Veterinarian Approved For Daily Use
Aqua, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Benzalkonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Polysorbate-20, Capryly/Capryl Glucoside, Parfum
Tackle Joint & Hip Pain – Immune/Gut Health/Digestion – Skin & Allergy – Calm & Focusing Issues & we even have a solution for those unfortunate accidents.
Lively Paws™ is a New Generation Pet Health supplement company dedicated to today’s aware pet owners who strive to support, feed, and love their pets, like no generation before. We understand the importance of ethically sourced ingredients and sustainable methods!
“Pets are very similar to us in that as they age their bodies don’t produce the same level of naturally occurring chemicals to help in various aspects of a healthy life,” explains Michael Stoeckle, president and CEO of Ark Naturals Company. “As a result, supplementing their diet with these naturally occurring ingredients (or something that works in the same way) allows them to live a healthier and more satisfying life by addressing the loss of that particular chemical that would otherwise be naturally occurring in their body.
“It could be for stopping inflammation, assisting in digestion, providing moisture to offset a dry coat, boosting their immunity to help fight plaque and tartar etc…,” he continues. These products are not intended to be food, nor are they intended to prevent, treat or cure any disease or condition. Nevertheless, these types of products may support a variety of a healthy pet’s normal functions.”
- Polkadog’s reputation for commitment to local production and sustainable farming practices has attracted the attention of Walden Local Meat. Together, the two New England businesses are launching a new pasture-raised, single-ingredient pet treat – Polkadog Pork Jerky. The new dog and cat treat will be launching for the first time at this year’s pet industry mega show, SuperZoo, and will be available for purchase Fall 2022.“We love everything about Walden Local Meat,” Polkadog’s founder Deb Suchman said. “Their South End shop, literally four blocks down the street, only sells pasture-raised meats from their small partner farms in New England and New York. Walden’s focus reconnects the local agricultural economy to companies like Polkadog, who work out of local kitchens and production facilities.”Walden Local Meat will be selling Polkadog Pork Jerky at their brick and mortar shop in the South End of Boston, plus the treat will also be available through their meat share program, serving homes from Maine to New Jersey. “We are really excited for this partnership with Polkadog,” said Walden Local Meat’s Mike Leahy, the company’s head of brand and marketing, “It’s a fantastic way to create top-quality treats and help respect the entire animal our partner farmers raise. Truly a win for us all – furry friends included!”With a brand-new drying room nearly doubling their production capacity, Polkadog is also adding Wonder Nuggets Mini Tubes to their catalog of training treats. These pocket canisters are ideal for pet training, filled with a soft and chewy choice of Peanut Butter, Turkey and Cranberry, Beef and Sweet Potato, or Pork and Apple.The new kitchen expansion allows Polkadog increasing opportunities for sustainability projects and partnerships. “We’ve worked with small retailers across the country for two decades,” Suchman adds. “Each neighborhood has its own personality and its own needs, its own local flavor. Celebrating and supporting those differences is the key to strong, healthy communities.”Polkadog’s Pork Jerky is the newest addition to Polkadog’s single-ingredient treat sticks, joining pet favorites like Chicken Strips and the original Polkadog Cod Skins. The company will be presenting their sustainable efforts and healthy treats at this year’s industry mega show, SuperZoo, happening August 23-25, 2022 in Las Vegas. For more details visit www.polkadog.com.OFFICIAL CHANNELSWEBSITE: www.polkadog.comFACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/
polkadogtreatsINSTAGRAM: www.instagram.com/polkadog/ABOUT POLKADOGIn twenty years, Polkadog has grown from a single brick-and-mortar dog treat boutique in Boston’s South End into an iconic, thriving international business with an industrial kitchen, a shipping facility, and eight unique retail stores in neighborhoods around Boston. Polkadog is a frequent local and national award-winning company, earning honors for its commitment to sustainable farming and fishing, and leadership excellence within the high-growth pet treat industry. And that’s their mission: to lead the pet industry toward healthier, eco-friendly practices, into a larger community of neighborhoods around the country, and around the world. To learn more about Polkadog, visit www.polkadog.com.ABOUT WALDEN LOCAL MEAT CO.Walden Local Meat Co. is a community-based, direct-to-consumer share program that hand-delivers high quality, hand-selected meat directly to members’ doorsteps from farms across New England and New York. The certified B corporation works with principled, local farmers to produce the highest quality 100% grass fed beef, pasture raised pork and chicken and North Atlantic seafood, growing local economies, and creating healthier, more responsible options for the communities it serves. To learn more about Walden Local Meat Co., visit waldenlocalmeat.com.
Every year the neighborhood illegal fireworks set off the dogs way after 4th of July. We keep CBD treats on deck for this reason exactly. Dogs can get spooked and run away when they get scared. I had a dog who chewed up all our door frames during one year’s celebrations. Pets can also experience anxiety from other sources as well. Since a lot of pet parents are working from home now, their work stress can rub off on the pets too. Also, family and social changes can affect your pet as well. A sudden change in environment, like moving, strange sounds or out of town visitors can also trigger this too.
We especially love the hard chews! Treatibles Hard Chews can help instill relaxation, enhance the function of joints, support the digestive tract and immune system, promote the body’s normal inflammatory response and more. For pets needing extra support, administration can be increased
+ Treatibles are free of heavy metals, pesticides and biocontaminants
+ Pet parents should observe their pet before and after administration of Treatibles to determine optimal response. You know your pet better than anyone else
The exceptional Organic Full Spectrum Hemp CBD Oil is sourced from our partner’s certified USDA organic hemp farm. It features naturally occurring CBD and supporting beneficial compounds, producing a truly distinct oil. A cutting-edge infusion method is used that has proven to retain nearly 100% of the profile of all 300+ compounds of the hemp plant.
Contrary to popular belief, “doggy breath” is not normal. In fact, it could be a sign that your furry BFF has some serious bacteria and plaque building up, or worse, they could be developing dental disease.
According to the American Veterinary Dental Society, some 80% of dogs and 70% of cats show signs of oral disease by age 3. That’s why National Pet Dental Health Month this February is the perfect time for pet parents to brush up on their pet’s oral health, which also impacts their overall health and could lead to other problems just like it does in humans.
To help, Board-Certified Veterinary Dentist Dr. Jan Bellows has 5 tips and important things pet parents should know for you to consider using in a story for your readers this month. He is also available for interviews to discuss these further and answer questions.
Healthy Nutrition: One of the most vital parts of maintaining your pet’s dental health is providing them with a nutritious diet that also takes care of their teeth. One veterinarian recommended option is Hill’s Science Diet Oral Care for dogs and cats, which improves their dental health by reducing plaque and tartar buildup.
Daily Brushing: To help prevent gum disease and other dental problems, pet parents should brush their dog’s or cat’s teeth every day. And be sure to use a professional-grade pet toothpaste with a stamp of approval from the Veterinary Oral Health Council (VOHC), like Petsmile Professional Pet Toothpaste that comes in flavors like, say cheese and rotisserie chicken.
Dental Treats: There’s plenty of treats available these days that are specifically made to help prevent plaque buildup and help with their breath. The VOHC has a list of carefully reviewed products proven to benefit your pet’s oral health, one being Greenies Dental Treats for dogs and another being Whiskas Dentabites for cats.
Annual Cleanings: Veterinarians recommend taking your pet in for a professional dental exam and cleaning every year to prevent tooth loss, dental disease, and other problems while making sure their entire mouth is cleaned. Plus, your vet can apply a professional sealant, like Sanos Dental Sealant, to help prevent plaque from attaching under your pet’s gums for up to 6 months.
Pulling Teeth: Canine dental extractions are (unfortunately) one of the most common veterinary surgeries. When your pet’s dental care is neglected and leads to gum disease, an extraction is the only way to take away the pain they’re in and restore their oral health. If that’s the case, your veterinarian can use a plant-based gel called Vetigel that stops the bleeding within seconds – and without the need to apply any pressure – to help your pet recover and get back to their normal level of activity and appetite.
- The Pet Releaf Calming Edibites and hemp oils are excellent gifts to help with the situational stress that pops up during the holidays (from visitors, travel, etc.), and the delicious Edibites varieties even come in trial sizes for the perfect stocking stuffer fit.
- PetReleaf.com promo codes for 30% off sitewide + free shipping include:
- Halloween: PRHALLOWEEN30 expires 11/15
- Pet Releaf began in the early 2000s with a mission of changing what healthy means for pets, and it has helped over 2.5 million pets on their health journey. Its products support calmness, a healthy immune system, healthy hip and joints, and a healthy digestive system.
- Pet Releaf is the first and only pet brand to receive program certifications from the three most trusted organizations in their respective industries: National Animal Supplement Council, U.S. Hemp Authority™, and USDA Organic on some products
- From seed to sale, from plant to pet, Pet Releaf oversees the entire manufacturing process to provide pets with the highest quality CBD pet products. Its hemp is sourced from US-based farms, using sustainable and regenerative practices, and grown with no herbicides or pesticides. It also extracts from the entire hemp plant to retrieve all of the beneficial cannabinoids from the hemp plant including CBD to benefit your pet’s overall wellness as well as target specific areas in their body. From there, all the Pet Releaf chews are made using whole food, human-grade ingredients that contain no fillers, corn, wheat, soy, dairy, or chemical preservatives. After production, its products go through third-party laboratory testing monthly to ensure product quality and potency. You can view all of its product testings and certifications at https://petreleaf.com/
- It gives back to the community during the holidays and all year long through its Rescue Releaf program in an effort to make the situation a little less stressful on rescue and foster pups as they adjust to new homes