The ultimate Instant Pot cookbook for people with diabetes, from the diabetes food and nutrition experts! THE INSTANT POT DIABETES COOKBOOK, by bestselling author and food consultant Nancy S. Hughes and the American Diabetes Association. The book features easy and lightning fast recipes optimized for the Instant Pot and features dishes for every meal of the day. It comes out in months later in November just before the holidays.
This Instant Pot–authorized cookbook from the experts at the American Diabetes Association contains 90 easy and healthy recipes made with simple ingredients. Inside, you’ll find nutritious, flavorful Instant Pot recipes that will easily transform into mouth-watering meals. Each recipe includes detailed instructions to walk you through every step of cooking with your Instant Pot. Recipes include family favorites as well as a wide range of options inspired by Mexican, Italian, Thai, Indian, and Cajun cuisines. Whatever you have a taste for, you’ll find it in this book! Additionally, each recipe meets the nutrition guidelines set by the American Diabetes Association.
Other features of the Instant Pot Diabetes Cookbook include:
- Pressure Pointers to help you understand how your Instant Pot works and what it can do
- A table of cooking times for a variety of ingredients from grains to veggies to meats
- Essential kitchen equipment and ingredients to have on hand to make diabetes-friendly cooking with your Instant Pot a breeze
- Complete nutrition information with each recipe to make diabetes meal planning easy
About the Book:
THE INSTANT POT DIABETES COOKBOOK
by Nancy S. Hughes and the American Diabetes Association
- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: American Diabetes Association; 1 edition (November 26, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1580407064
- ISBN-13: 978-1580407069
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds
About the Author:
Nancy S. Hughes is a bestselling author and leading food consultant. She has written more than 20 nationally published cookbooks and developed recipes for 60 additional cookbooks with over 7,500 published recipes to her credit. Nancy has been honored to work with clients across the U.S. and Canada. She works with major corporations, health-focused organizations, magazines, and web-based clients including: the American Heart Association, Cooking Light, Better Homes and Gardens, Betty Crocker, Del Monte Foods, the Canola Council, National Processed Raspberry Council, Rice Federation, eMeals, and Nestlé.
Wilt-guilt season is upon us – that time of the year when you have the best cooking intentions, but inevitably the bundle of fresh herbs you bought wilts away in the fridge.
Gourmet Garden is the true food hack for staving off wilt-guilt. Offering a range of flavorful stir-in pastes and lightly dried herbs that last for up to four weeks in the fridge, Gourmet Garden will stay fresh. It’s the ideal ingredient for sprucing up classic dishes like quiche and pastas and keep you from grappling with heads of garlic or ginger root.
A few fresh recipes your friends and family will love below:Ingredients20 sheets rice paper rolls1 roast chicken, Meat removed and shredded300 grams wombok100 grams carrot, julienned100g snow peas, julienned100 grams red capscium, finely sliced1 1/2 Avocados, sliced125 grams bean sprouts50 grams fried shallots50 grams Crispy noodles2 tablespoonsMethod
Ingredients1 Sabrosa tomatoes, sliced3 teaspoons Chilli, mild Cold Blended Paste1/3 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed2 tablespoons red wine vinegar2 tablespoons brown sugar1 teaspoon Garlic Cold Blended Paste2 teaspoons Basil Cold Blended Paste2-3 tablespoons Woolworths Select Extra Virgin Olive Oil1 yellow capsicum1 red capsicum4-8 large Portobello mushrooms2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways8 small round bread rolls2-3 tablespoons labna or other soft cheeseBaby rocket or small salad leaves1 small red onion, thinly sliced into ringsMethod
- 1. Combine the wombok, carrot, snow peas, South East Asian Seasoning and capsicum, and toss together to make slaw.
- 2. Soak rice paper rolls individually, in tepid water. Place on bench or board to fill.
- 3. Place slaw, chicken, avocado, sprouts, fried shallots & crispy noodles, on rice paper and roll up.
- 4. Dip in sweet chilli sauce to serve.
Ingredients1 or 2 pizza bases3 tbsp tomato paste3 tbsp Lightly Dried Mixed Herbs1 spanish onion, sliced1 red capsicum, sliced2 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, gratedAioli and rocket, to serveMethod
- 1. In a small saucepan simmer the tomatoes, chilli, fennel, vinegar and sugar for 12-15 minutes, stirring often. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- 2. Heat a heavy non-stick pan or hotplate to medium-hot.
- 3. In a small bowl combine garlic, basil and oil. Cut capsicums in half, trim away seeds and inner ribs then cut each half into strips. Trim mushroom stems flat.
- 4. Brush the garlic and basil oil over the capsicum, mushrooms, zucchini and place in the pan or on the hotplate. Grill, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the skin of the capsicum blistered and dark. Brush occasionally with the remaining herb and garlic oil. Carefully remove skin from the capsicum strips.
- 5. Split the rolls and toast the cut side. To assemble, spread both cut sides of buns with labna or soft cheese. Onto the bottom buns place a few pieces of rocket or salad leaves then a grilled mushroom, a few pieces of zucchini and capsicum, and a few onion rings. Finish with a dollop of the tomato chilli relish and a few more leaves.
- 6Serve with any remaining tomato chilli relish.
- Chorizo, Vegetable and Mixed Herb Pizza
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 170*C
- 2. Combine 2 tbsp Mixed Herbs with tomato paste and spread onto pizza bases.
- 3. Top with cheese, onion, capsicum and chorizo.
- 4. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 5. Serve topped with aioli, rocket and 1 tbsp sprinkle of mixed herbs
About Gourmet Garden:
- Gourmet Garden is passionate about making fresh herbs and spices easy for everyday cooking.Fresh herbs and spices make an amazing difference to any meal: their flavor, color, aroma. But let’s be honest, when you are busy, particularly during the week, fresh herbs just aren’t practical. Count the bunches of wilted herbs that you’ve thrown out after only a few days….and Gourmet Garden all knows the hassle of garlic and chilli fingers!Gourmet Garden’s herbs keep fresh for weeks so you can have a herb garden ready when you are any day.
Put simply, your Gourmet Garden herbs are:
- Australian, organically grown herbs
- Washed, chopped & prepped within 18hrs of harvesting
- Made with no preservatives, pesticides or nasty stuff
- Pre-prepared…washed, chopped & ready to use
- With the same look, taste & aroma of fresh herbs
- Cared for (with tender, loving, care) from farm to plate
It’s as easy and fresh as that!