When I asked my husband Ryan and his mom about what did they miss about the non-keto diet, both of them gave me the same answer – Pizza and Pasta. Ryan’s mom is Italian, she grew up with all these delicious family Italian meals. I totally understand the Keto diet is not easy if you have to give up your favorite foods in your life. BUT! The good thing is that pizza and pasta have the keto-friendly options now. Thanks to Primal Kitchen’s pink pasta sauce, Ryan’s pasta dream just came true last night.
Both Ryan and I work until 6pm in almost weekdays, I don’t have that much time and energy to take care of a complicated dinner. But we had last night – I would give the name of our pasta – The Pink Sausage Black Bean Pasta… It’s not a pretty name, but anyways, it is quick, delicious, and important to Ryan, it is keto-friendly.
I used Organic Black Bean Spaghetti, Polish Sausages and Primal Kitchen’s No-Dairy Pink Primavera Sauce with a sprinkle of arugula leaves and sriracha sauce on the top. Ryan was super happy with that. Of course I felt happy too.
Introducing this magic pink sauce, thinking pink for pasta night! Primal Kitchen No-Dairy Pink Primavera Sauce is a must for all your favorite Italian-inspired dishes. With cashew butter for creaminess, carrots for sweetness, beets for an earthy edge, and the anise flavor of fennel, this elegant sauce is full of flavorful complexity. Whole30 Approved®, Certified Paleo, and vegan, this veggie-forward, creamy pink primavera pasta sauce is made without dairy or sugar*.
Add color and flavor to your next seafood pasta with pink sauce or penne pink sauce dish… without dairy! Smooth, robust, and perfectly pink, Primal Kitchen No Dairy Pink Primavera Sauce is a plant-based, vegan, Non-GMO Project Verified sauce made with high-quality ingredients like avocado oil, creamy cashew butter, apples, organic diced tomatoes, onions, and carrots, enhanced by a bevy of Italian spices. Whole30 Approved® and Certified Paleo, this primavera sauce is made without added sugar*, soy or canola oils. Enjoy over a bowl of zoodles or gluten-free penne, add creamy flavor to seafood dishes, whip up a pink sauce pizza, or craft a vegan pasta primavera with red sauce and roasted veggies.
If you want to follow the new trend of Heart of Palm Pasta, you may be interested in this pretty pink pasta recipe. Similar to shirataki noodles, pasta made from hearts of palm are a lower carb alternative to pasta made with flour (including nut-based flours). This recipe used Palmini low-carb linguine, which contains 4 grams of carbs per serving, in our keto vegan spaghetti. These gluten-free noodles provide the texture, chew, mouthfeel, and bland flavor that allow the sauce and toppings to shine.
The recipe paired the swirly hearts of palm noodles with Primal Kitchen vegan Pink Primavera Sauce, which is made with avocado oil; beets, tomatoes, apples to get a gorgeous fuchsia hue; and cashew butter for creaminess with no dairy. This four-ingredient keto vegan spaghetti is the perfect pantry dish to throw together in less than 10 minutes.
Keto Vegan Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 package Palmini linguine
- 1/2 cup
- 3 Tbsp. vegan parmesan
- 3 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Place linguine in a colander in the sink. Drain noodles and rinse well, allowing all water to drain after rinsing.
- Heat Pink Primavera Sauce in a pot over medium-high heat. Add drained noodles, and stir with tongs to combine the sauce and noodles.
- Heat sauce and noodles until both are hot, about 3 minutes.
- Chop parsley. Divide spaghetti onto 3 plates (or store extra servings in a glass container with lid in the refrigerator). Sprinkle 1 tablespoon parsley and 1 tablespoon vegan parmesan on top of each plate of spaghetti.
Spring has sprung and brunch is back! Who doesn’t like a delicious yummy brunch at a weekend late morning or early afternoon. You decide your brunch time. But what I love is to have a lazy Saturday morning, doing nothing but drinking coffee, and then checking some recipes of what I will make for today’s brunch, for me and my hubby.
Flavor is in bloom and this petal-pink box is packed with a bouquet of pantry staples from Primal Kitchen. I am so lucky to receive this big cute box from Primal Kitchen, it totally surprised me and at the same time, it encourages me to make some real fancy brunches. Shall we get started?
First weekend’s brunch, let’s take it easy please. Here is a great brunch recipe on Primal Kitchen’s newspaper. Follow the simple steps, it is so easy! Intensely satisfying to savor on a lazy Sunday morning after half-finishing the crossword in the weekend paper, Primal Kitchen’s keto eggs benedict eases you into the day of rest without any anxiety over a broken homemade hollandaise sauce.
Skip the weekend brunch drama and ease at least half of the pressure by using Primal Kitchen warm-and-pour jarred Hollandaise Sauce. This keto-friendly, no dairy check out this section on how to poach eggs for tips.brings ready-made ease to your breezy weekend brunch. If we could only package perfectly poached eggs, you could have easy eggs benedict any morning. For now,
Keto Eggs Benedict
- ¼ cup Primal Kitchen Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. white or apple cider vinegar
- 2 slices baked ham or Canadian bacon, cooked
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- 5 slices avocado
- Warm the hollandaise sauce in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm the slices of ham for about 3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized pot over medium heat, bring three inches of water to a simmer. Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to the water.
- Crack 1 egg into a small bowl. Lower the bowl gently into the simmering water. Use the same bowl to crack the other egg—lower the other egg in the simmering water.
- Set a timer for 3 minutes. When the time is up, use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs. Place a clean kitchen towel underneath the slotted spoon to catch any excess water.
- Place the poached eggs on top of the ham slices. Spoon the warmed hollandaise sauce gently on top of the poached eggs. Sprinkle the eggs with paprika and chopped chives.
- Serve the keto eggs benedict with slices of avocado on the side.
If you’re planning a brunch with your friends or family, you need something prepared beforehand to make the day easier and less stressful. This pineapple glazed ham can be a perfect centerpiece. Cutting down on prep steps and have a ham glaze that’s Whole30 approved, paleo-friendly, and tastes every bit as sweet and savory. The pineapple glazed ham you may remember from your childhood, Primal Kitchen’s ham glaze with pineapple juice and cashew butter might become your new fave. It’s a workhorse in a jar of umami, sweet, savory, and warm spices like pineapple juice concentrate, organic coconut aminos, organic Dijon Mustard, ginger, cloves, and cinnamon.
Pineapple Glazed Ham
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Score the fat cap of the bone-in ham by making ¼-inch deep cuts in a diamond pattern all across the top and side of the visible fat on the outer surface.
- Place ham on a roasting rack, wire cooling rack, or heat-safe plate in a large oven-safe Dutch oven or casserole dish with a lid. Pour about an inch or two of water underneath the rack or plate.
- Brush the outside of the ham with the ham glaze. Slide the ham into the middle rack of the oven, uncovered, to bake for an hour.
- After an hour, remove the ham from the oven and baste with the juices at the bottom of the dish, and brush some additional Ham Glaze on top. Cover the ham with the lid—if you don’t have a lid, tent the ham loosely with aluminum foil.
- Cook the ham for an additional 1–1 ½ hours, removing the ham every 30 minutes to baste with the ham juices and additional Ham Glaze as needed.
- The ham is done when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 140ºF.
- When the ham is done, remove it from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes, covered, before slicing.
Brunches are not only the Spring thing to me. As a girl who lives in South California, brunch is almost every weekend. I love taking the time at home, cooking something that I really look forward, especially if can be sharing with my husband who is on Keto diet for almost 2 years, and also my mother in law, who joined in the Keto family half a year ago. Primal Kitchen is my best friend to introduce healthy and yummy foods into my family. My husband loves it, and I love it. The even better thing is, there is a tons of great recipes on their website and instagram, which is easy to follow. The results always make us happy.
When you clean up your diet and start eating real food, it’s the sauces, dressing and toppings that can make an otherwise bland meal exciting. That’s why Mark Sisson created Primal Kitchen condiments and dressings—to add uncompromisingly delicious flavor to every single bite.
Elevate your smoothie bowl game with PBfit Protein Spreads! Whether you top them with peanut butter or almond butter, you’re in for a delicious high protein treat.
Making a peanut butter sandwich just got faster with the new PBfit Protein Peanut Butter Spread! And the little ones won’t even know you’re sneaking extra protein into their favorite meal. PBfit also has their almonds butter into the family! The almond butter spread is 100% plant-based and contains 9g of protein per serving—28% more protein than traditional almond butter. Spread it over your favorite foods or eat it straight out of the container, no one will judge you!
Peanut butter is everyone’s favorite “pantry staple” snack food and the #1 selling PB on Amazon, PBfit, is now available in convenient spreads! This plant-based peanut spread is compatible with high-protein diets and keto friendly. Without palm oil, PBfit peanut butter tastes great and is also free from any hydrogenated oils.
- PEANUT BUTTER SPREAD: This peanut butter spread delivers incredible flavor and essential protein.
- PROTEIN PACKED: One serving contains 10 grams of protein—42% more than traditional peanut butter!
- PLANT BASED: This plant-based spread is compatible with keto diets.
- NO PALM OIL: Without palm oil, our peanut butter tastes great and also free from any hydrogenated oils.
- CLEAN INGREDIENTS: Made with clean ingredients to keep your peanut butter close to raw protein.
Made from ground roasted peanuts, pea protein, peanut oil, coconut palm sugar, and sea salt, this smooth peanut butter spread by BetterBody Foods packs a plant-based punch. We’ve included everything you need and crave—10 grams of protein and 14 grams of natural fat per serving, plus an incredible toasty, sweet flavor.
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients (Makes 14 Cookies)
- 1 cup PBfit Protein Peanut Butter Spread
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 egg
- Calories: 135
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fat: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Serving 1 cookie
Your Peanut Butter Cookies Just Got Upgraded
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the racks in the upper and lower third of the oven. Spray one nonstick baking sheets lightly with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter, sugar, egg until well combined. Spoon 1 rounded tablespoon of the mixture about 1 inch apart onto baking sheet. Flatten the mounds with your thumb.
3. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet.
Made from ground roasted almonds, pea protein, almond oil, coconut palm sugar, and sea salt, this smooth almond butter spread by BetterBody Foods packs a 100% plant-based punch. We’ve included everything you need and crave—9 grams of protein and 15 grams of natural fat per serving, plus an incredible toasty, sweet flavor.
- ALMOND BUTTER SPREAD: This almond butter spread delivers incredible flavor and essential protein.
- PROTEIN: Each serving contains 9 grams of protein- 28 percent more than traditional almond butter
- PLANT BASED: This plant-based spread is compatible with keto diets.
- NO PALM OIL: Without palm oil, our almond butter tastes great and also free from any hydrogenated oils.
- CLEAN INGREDIENTS: Made with clean ingredients to keep your almond butter close to raw protein.
Almond Butter Cups
Ingredients (Makes 20 protein cups)
- 1 C. of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. Refined Coconut Oil
- 1 C. PBfit Protein Almond Butter Spread
- 2 tsp. Agave
- 20 mini cupcake liners
- Calories: 40
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fat: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Serving 1 mini cup
Gotta-have-it Almond Butter Cups
1. Pour chocolate chips & almond butter into two separate microwave safe bowls
2. Add coconut oil to chocolate chips and microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until liquid
3. Add agave syrup in bowl with almond butter – microwave for 30 seconds and stir until evenly combined.
4. Place your mini cupcake liners on a large plate or in mini muffin tins
5. Carefully pour almond butter 1/3 way up into each liner
6. You may need to lightly tap the liners to get the almond butter to settle evenly
7. Top each almond butter cup with a dollop of chocolate (liners should be 2/3 full)
8. Place plate full of almond butter cups in the freezer overnight until set
9. Store in freezer – take out 5 minutes before eating
Makers of PBfit, BetterBody Foods (BBF) has easy and delicious recipes and products to keep you Keto-motivated! Access the full BBF Keto Recipe Book here, and check out their revamped recipe page at BetterBodyFoods.com/recipes/ to make it easy to search for the perfect Keto friendly recipe for meals, snacks, drinks and more. BetterBody Foods makes this fat burning lifestyle accessible for Keto experts, novices and everyone in between!
Unlike many restrictive diets, the keto diet includes a lot of keto-friendly foods other diets wouldn’t allow. Health magazine has a pretty extensive shopping list, which includes:
- Meat, poultry, and eggs – chicken, turkey, beef, venison, pork, and lamb
- Seafood – wild salmon, sardines, mackerel, shrimp, crab, tuna, mussels, and cod
- Low-sugar fruits – tomatoes, avocados, most berries, coconut, lemons, and limes
- Low-carb vegetables – spinach, arugula, eggplant, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, bell peppers, cabbage, celery, and more.
- Nuts and seeds – Macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, flaxseed, sesame seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and pumpkin seeds
- Dairy products – cheese, cream, butter, plain Greek yogurt, and cottage cheese
- Oils – extra-virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, nut oils, coconut butter and MCT oil
Happily, avoiding sugar doesn’t mean you have to give up all your favorite desserts and homemade meals. SweetLeaf Stevia Sweeteners are a keto-friendly sweetener for foods, beverages, and recipes. The SweetLeaf Conversion Chart is a good place to learn how to make the change from sugar to SweetLeaf, as is the interactive SweetLeaf Conversion Calculator, which automatically converts all recipe amounts for you.
There are many dessert recipes specifically created for keto diets and they will satisfy any craving for sugar. Try this Keto Chocolate Smoothie or Keto One-Minute Fudge Cookie and you’ll see that being on the keto diet doesn’t mean sacrificing the things you love.
KETO CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIE
- 1 can coconut milk, full-fat
- ¼ cup egg white protein powder
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds, ground
- ½ tsp. SweetLeaf® Liquid Stevia Vanilla Crème Sweet Drops®
- ⅓ cup 85% cocoa dark chocolate, chopped
- 2-3 cups ice
In a blender, combine coconut milk, protein powder, chia seeds, and Vanilla Crème Sweet Drops. Blend in chocolate until smooth. Blend in ice cubes until mixture is well combined.
ONE MINUTE FUDGE COOKIE (LOW CARB AND KETO)
- 1/2 tsp. SweetLeaf® Liquid Stevia Chocolate Sweet Drops®
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. almond flour
- 1 tsp. instant espresso
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/8 tsp. or pinch of salt
- 5 oz. sugar-free chocolate bar, chopped
Put butter in a microwavable bowl or ramekin. Cook 30 seconds to melt.
Stir in the cocoa, almond flour, espresso, salt, and stevia. Combine well. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed. Add in the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
Microwave 1 minute. Allow to cool a few minutes and enjoy!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an oven-safe ramekin or bowl.
Melt butter. Stir in the cocoa, almond flour, espresso, salt, and stevia. Combine well. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed. Add in the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
Bake for 15 minutes. Cool slightly then enjoy!
These are what I did with SweetLeaf’s Monk fruit Sweetener.
SweetLeaf® Organic Monk Fruit powder is a gluten-free, better-for-you sweetener with zero sugars, zero calories, and a non-glycemic response. Use it in anything that calls for sugar—foods, beverages, or recipes—for delicious taste.
Chocolate Lava Cake
Carrot Birthday Cake
New York Cheese Cake
SweetLeaf® Stevia is an award-winning sweetener with zero calories, no sugars, zero carbs, a non-glycemic response, and no artificial sweeteners. It is a non-GMO and kosher sugar alternative. SweetLeaf® Stevia has endless uses when you want to add flavor and sweetness to any food or beverage. The makers of the SweetLeaf® brand, Wisdom Natural Brands®, have developed more consumer stevia products than any other company in the world. Today, SweetLeaf® is No. 1 in market share in natural and health food stores, and No. 2 in grocery in the U.S. SweetLeaf is sold in more than 30 countries.
SweetLeaf® was the first stevia sweetener to receive Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) status from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). From its beginning in 1982, SweetLeaf® Stevia Sweetener made consumer well-being its number one priority.
Ryan is on Keto now; we absolutely started to change our diet a lot, which is so trendy and also healthier. Some books about Keto are very helpful because it is a new diet for him, and I have never done that before. As a blogger, I know about Bobby Parrish for a long time – I watch his videos at YouTube a lot to learn about the healthy snacks, produced foods and even that oil is good and which is bad. I love watching his videos and I also want to check out his book.
Keto Meal Prep by FlavCity
125+ Low Carb Recipes That Actually Taste Good
Keto and meal prep are both trending very strong now, and FlavCity is positioned as a food authority in this space. Good content always wins out, and the authors’ keto meal prep content is top class and presented in a personal way that ensures the casual consumer will choose the book over others.FlavCity is about Bobby and Dessi, two passionate home cooks who just want to hook you up with tasty, healthy recipes. Keto Meal Prep by FlavCity will have a total of 75 recipes, but one can argue that since many of the meal prep recipes contain 1-2 recipes each, it’s really so many more. Keto Meal Prep by FlavCity will be organized by breakfast, lunch, and dinner but also by the various proteins featured. Each recipe will have headnotes and 1-2 photos. The book will also have a dietary restriction chart that will easily identify each recipe as GF, DF, Paleo, etc.About Bobby Parrish:
Bobby Parrish is a passionate home cook who went to the best culinary school around: his mom’s kitchen. He wanted to be on the Food Network badly, and, when they rejected his application for the next Food Network star, he decided to start a YouTube channel. Four years and hundreds of thousands of fans later, it seems the Food Network made a mistake! Bobby and his wife Dessi started filming online cooking videos for the sole purpose of proving that healthy food can taste good and that home cooks can be rock stars in the kitchen. Little did they know that only a few years later, Bobby would quit his job in finance, Dessi would quit her job in corporate America, and they would turn their two-bedroom Chicago condo into a production studio involving all things food.
Here are some Keto meals we cooked at home, they are very yummy. But as a dessert lover, I can’t live without sweets. The good thing is this cookbook also introduces a lot of Keto Desserts recipes!
Apple Coffee Cake (Paleo, GF, DF)
Gooey Coffee Cake Recipe w/ Caramel Sauce – Gluten Free & Paleo Cake Recipe
This apple coffee cake is luscious and rich, spiced with cinnamon and cloves and topped with toasted walnuts and a vegan coconut caramel sauce! It’s paleo, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
FOR THE CAKE:
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 3/4 cup virgin coconut oil melted
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch or tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda + 2 teaspoons cream of tartar or 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup peeled and grated applesabout 2 medium sized apples (Honey Crisp, Gala or Fuji)
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts chopped
FOR THE CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 375F.
Using a hand mixer beat the eggs and egg whites on high along with the coconut sugar and vanilla until fluffy and the sugar is completely dissolved.
Add the melted coconut oil and beat just to incorporate.
In a separate bowl mix in the almond flour and arrowroot starch along with the ground cinnamon, ground cloves, grated nutmeg, baking soda and cream of tartar (or baking powder), and salt. If you want to keep it strictly paleo use baking soda and cream of tartar, because baking powder typically has cornstarch in it.
Pour the egg mixture on top of the flour mixture and beat on medium for 30 seconds to incorporate.
Peel and grate the apples and squeeze out all of the excess moisture. Measure one cup of the grated and squeezed apples and add it to the batter.
Mix well and pour into a 9-inch round springform baking pan lined on the bottom with parchment paper. An 8×10 inch baking pan also works for this purpose.
Top off with the toasted and chopped walnuts.
Bake in 375F oven for 38-40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. The edges of the cake should be deep brown in color.
For the caramel sauce, place the coconut milk, coconut sugar and a couple of pinches of salt in a small pot and bring to boil.
Turn the heat down to low and simmer on low for about 40-50 minutes while stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. The sauce will reduce and turn deep caramel color. It’s done when it coats the back of the spoon. Keep in mind that it will thicken a little more once it cools down.
Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla paste or extract and set aside to cool. Makes about 8oz of caramel sauce. Once both cake and sauce have cooled down, drizzle the caramel sauce all over the cake and serve!
My Keto Journal
A Daily Food and Exercise Tracker
to Help You Master Your Low-Carb, High-Fat, Ketogenic Diet
(includes a 90-Day Meal and Activity Calendar)
My Keto Journal is a great companion journal and activity tracker for keto diet books like Keto Living Day by Day. Pick your favorite keto recipes and get going!
Track Diet and Exercise in One Place: Put all of your fitness information in a journal that is just the right size—big enough for all of the day’s details but small enough to take with you to the gym or the grocery store. Like helpful all-in-one fitness trackers such as Hello New Me, My Keto Journal is a combination meal planner, food tracker, and workout journal—and this one can easily fit in your gym bag.
A Dedicated Keto Diet Journal: My Keto Journal is the only tracker fully dedicated to the approachable and proven weight loss power of the ketogenic diet. Simple, informative, clear and easy to use, this all-in-one journal will help get you started on your new life.
Using My Keto Journal, you’ll be able to keep up with what you’ve eaten, when you ate it and how it improved your body. Once you get started, you’ll be able to:
- Master the science of the keto diet
- Record your meals—breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Progress your overall health
- Love your new active lifestyle
I believe with these two books, Ryan will get his Keto life keeping up and at the same time enjoy this great new diet!