Writing to share a breakdown of the NYFW makeup and nails looks created by INGLOT for the SS17 season – Including Baja East, Orla Kiely, Michael Costello and Kim Shui.
· WHO: Baja East
· THE VIBE: Glam Guns & Roses.
· HOW TO GET THE LOOK: “The concept is very rock’n’roll, with a messy, grungy feel but still fashion forward,” says lead nail artist Naomi Yasuda for INGLOT. “The models have messy hair and heavy, smudgy eye makeup. So for nails I wanted to follow with a really cool grunge look.”
· THE KIT: “I used an oily grey-greenish color (INGLOT O2M Breathable Nail Enamel in #649) as a base for the girls, then did a black ombre (with INGLOT o2M Breathable Nail Enamel #692) – starting at the cuticle with black and the tip is green (INGLOT Nail Enamel #988 and #987). The men’s nails are going to have a clear nail (o2m Breathable Base) with black ombre coming from the cuticle (with INGLOT o2M Breathable Nail Enamel #692). The reason why I did it from the cuticle is because it looks somewhat dirty to go along with the theme but in a fashionable, edgy way.”
· WHO: Orla Kiely
· THE VIBE: A Rose-Kissed English Prairie Girl
· HOW TO GET THE LOOK: “The girl this season was inspired by an English prairie girl. There is a rosy kiss on the eyelid, but with a slight smoldering of dark taupes to add a mystery to her,” said,” said Stevie Huynh, lead makeup artist for INGLOT.
· THE KIT: Huynh used INGLOT products in unconventional ways (liquid blush on lips, blush on lids and brow gel on lashes) to achieve a uniquely cohesive, blended look.He used taupe-y contour shades, including Freedom System Eye Shadow Matte #305 from INGLOT’s new What A Spice! Collection ($7), to define and sculpt the eye socket, with an emphasis on smoking out the bottom lash line. He used dark brown Freedom System Eye Shadow Matte #299 ($7) to define the top lash line and a petal rose blush, Freedom System Blush #29, to fill in the eyelid and blend into the crease, making sure that there were no hard lines.
· WHO: Michael Costello
· THE VIBE: Midnight at the Botanical Bash
· HOW TO GET THE LOOK: “Michael stressed to us a passion for each model’s individual beauty, and challenged us to exude that personality through makeup,” said Edward Cruz, lead makeup artist for INGLOT. “We chose complexion products that are applicable to every skin tone. INGLOT’s high pigment formulations are made to be layered, which allowed us to create a high-intensity look with a seemingly effortless, blended aesthetic.”
· THE KIT: Cruz created non-traditional, blended-out gold and berry eyes. He used Freedom System Eye Shadow Matte #296 and #299 from INGLOT’s new What A Spice! Collection ($7 each) as the base, and layered on deep gold and berry sparkle using AMC Pure Pigment Eye Shadow #81 and #24 ($16 each). Cruz layered matte, cranberry Lipstick Matte #438 ($15) with AMC Lip Paint #58 ($14) to create an opaque, berry ombre lip.
· WHO: Kim Shui
· THE VIBE: “The entire look projects confidence,” said Gianpaolo Ceciliato, lead makeup artist sponsored by INGLOT at Kim Shui. To start, each complexion is perfect, clean and dewy and the lip is nude – But from there, everything is personalized. We created one stand out feature per model: A strong brow, a colored or ombre brow, a bright lip, a black lip, a pop of color on eyes, or clean eyes with colored wing tips. Like every woman and her clothes, it tells a very personalized story.”
· HOW TO GET THE LOOK: “Only INGLOT’s extensive color range could give us so much freedom and variety. I love the AMC Eyeliner Gel and Freedom System Rainbow Eye Shadow for creating the different looks. We also went bold on nails, with INGLOT’s O2M Breathable Nail Enamel. The enamel allows water and oxygen to pass through, keeping the models nails in good condition.”
We got to attend a preview of the Orla Kiely for Clarks collaboration last week. Check out the vintage inspired (and awesome) ss14 capsule collection.
Announcing Orla Kiely, the British based designer with a love of pattern, texture, and color, for UNIQLO! With the arrival of the Orla Kiely and color bottoms UNIQLO campaign comes even more exciting news. UNIQLO Fifth Avenue will host an online interactive contest with the chance to win Orla Kiely gifts. Participants will take digital postcards in the specially designed Orla Kiely room and tag themselves on Facebook and Twitter. The postcard with the comment that best expresses their favorite way to incorporate quirky patterns into their person style will win an Orla Kiely handbag and tea set. The contest will run through Sunday and the winners will be announced Monday along with their digital postcard. Please note that winners must be able to pick-up their prize from the Orla Kiely boutique at 5 Mercer Street.
Wednesday, July 15th – Friday, July 24th
10 am – 6 pm daily
Cooper Design Space
860 S. Los Angeles Street, Mezzanine 3
* Bloch London – Luxury Ballet Wedge – Retail: $220/Sh 7 $96 @ Shop Bop
* Erickson Beamon – Michelle Obama’s turquoise brooch – Retail: $605/Sh 7 $242 @ Henri Bendels
* Orla Kiely – Flower fairisle V neck cardigan – Retail: $356/Sh 7 $155
* Orla Kiley – Garden Tortoise print large hold-all – Retail: $425/Sh 7 $200 @ Bloomingdales
* Issa – Flutter sleeve silk jersey jumpsuit – Retail: $800/Sh 7 $325 @ Saks Fifth Avenue
* Tony Cohen – Draped Chiffon ruffle sleeve dress – Retail: $600 /Sh 7 $200 @ Barneys
* A&G Cashmere – ” God Save The Queen” Intarsia cashmere pullovers – Retail: $562 /$225 @ Atrium
* Tee Party – Supima Cotton twist front cardigan detail – Retail: $100/Sh 7 $30 @ Barneys
HeyDoYou is for the cute, clever & connected. Follow this blog!