‘Tis the season for food and family, which is why Celebrity Chef George Duran has teamed up with the popular and innovative brands Mighty Sesame Co.®, Dorot Gardens®, and Absolutely! Gluten Free® to create some incredible dishes for your holiday table. These tasty recipes are simple and full of flavor, using the best better-for-you options you can choose!
First on the menu is a delicious snack to get dinner started on the right foot. Begin with a Roasted Garlic Dip for family and guests to enjoy while the rest of the meal is being prepared.
Dorot Gardens Roasted Garlic Dip
by George Duran
- 6 frozen cubes of Dorot Gardens Garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 frozen cubes of Dorot Gardens Parsley
- 2 frozen cubes of Dorot Gardens Basil
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Absolutely! Gluten Free Crackers
- In a small saucepan, add frozen garlic cubes and olive oil and heat on medium. Cook and stir until garlic starts to brown, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in frozen parsley and basil.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream with mayonnaise and add in the garlic mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with Absolutely! Gluten Free Crackers or Flatbreads.
Next is a sweet potato side dish that’s sure to be a hit with everyone, combining sweet and savory flavors for an incredible taste experience. Don’t fill up yet, though, because there are two more recipes to go!
Mighty Sesame Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Tahini
by George Duran
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 cubes of Dorot Gardens Garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup Mighty Sesame Tahini, plus more for serving
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and clean sweet potatoes and poke them with a fork throughout. Roast for 50-60 minutes until soft and tender, flipping halfway through.
- Allow sweet potatoes to cool for 15-20 minutes before peeling and placing in a medium bowl.
- Microwave garlic cubes with olive oil for 1 minute.
- Combine cooked garlic, sweet potatoes, cinnamon, and Mighty Sesame Tahini. Mix and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with more tahini and sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Next, it’s time to whip up an easy yet oh-so-delicious side that will suit any spread this fall and holiday season, beautifully accompanying any ham, turkey, or main dish casserole you may be serving. Using a medley of Dorot Gardens frozen herbs, George Duran’s Dorot Gardens Herbed Roasted Brussels Sprouts are an explosion of fresh flavor and amazing textures. Check out the recipe here so you can try it for yourself!
Last, but most certainly not least, is a healthy and delicious appetizer or entrée. “This is easily one of my favorite fall dishes. The tahini sauce adds richness to the butternut squash with a nutty complexity,” says Chef George Duran. “Mighty Sesame allows me to easily squeeze the tahini directly into the sauce, saving me on time and cleanup!” Check out George’s Roasted Butternut Squash with Honey Tahini Sauce here.
“The fall and holiday season is the best time of year to try new, savory, and delicious recipes to include in your spread,” says Laura Morris, Associate Marketing Director of Kayco Beyond. “We’re delighted that Chef George Duran is a big fan of Dorot Gardens, Mighty Sesame and Absolutely! Gluten Free. For dishes that are not only appealing to the family, but healthy too, these brands make that more possible than ever, allowing you to easily incorporate delicious and nutritious ingredients.”
These recipes by George Duran are delicious, innovative, and easy to make, and these brands make it possible:
- Mighty Sesame Co., the maker of all-natural, squeeze-and-serve tahini: the most versatile new kitchen staple made from whole, sustainably sourced sesame seeds. The popular superfood complements just about everything, from sandwiches, to burgers, to dips, and beyond. Try adding it to your cheese and charcuterie boards or use it the same way you use your favorite hot sauce, ketchup, salad dressing, nut butter, or other spread. All flavors of Mighty Sesame Squeezable Tahini are available for an SRP of $6.99 per 10.9 oz. bottle. Visit mightysesameco.com for nutritional information, recipe ideas, distribution locations, and more. Also follow Mighty Sesame Co. on Instagram (@MightySesameCo) and Facebook (@MightySesame).
- Absolutely! Gluten Free, the top innovator in gluten-free snacks, offering high-quality products with a brand commitment to flavorful, gourmet gluten-free snacks with a modern twist. The delicious line includes an assortment of sweet and savory snacks made with clean and wholesome ingredients that are perfect for any occasion. Add them to your lunch for school or work, serve them for family dinners and celebrations, or make a special, gluten-free appetizer. All Absolutely! Gluten Free products are all-natural, certified gluten-free, and OU certified kosher. To learn more about Absolutely! Gluten Free, visit absolutelygf.com or follow the brand on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter (all @AbsolutelyGF).
- Dorot Gardens, creators of innovative flash-frozen packages of fresh, pre-portioned herbs that eliminate the process of peeling, chopping, and measuring. All it takes to season and flavor a dish is a cube of the right spice and a simple pop of the tray, and Dorot Gardens is there to make flavoring quick and easy, so you can focus on enjoying the finished product. The lineup consists of Garlic, Ginger, Basil, Sautéed Onions, Cilantro, Turmeric, Parsley, and Dill, all of which have a two-year shelf life, allowing you to have fresh herbs year-round. Dorot Gardens products can be found in the frozen veggie aisle of grocery stores including Kroger, Walmart, Trader Joe’s, Safeway, Albertsons, and Whole Foods. For recipes, nutritional information and more, visit dorotgardens.com or follow Dorot Gardens on Facebook and Instagram (@DorotGardens on both).
About George Duran
Known for his Food Network show Ham on the Street and TLC’s The Ultimate Cake Off, polylingual chef and comedian George Duran has acted as a host and culinary contributor for Good Morning America. He has also guested on Live with Kelly, NBC’s Today Show, CBS This Morning, The Wendy Williams Show, The Dr. Oz Show, The Tamron Hall Show and many others. He is the author of the popular cookbook, Take This Dish and Twist It, which is packed with useful tips, amusing anecdotes, and most importantly: mouthwatering recipes for deliciously unexpected takes on comfort foods and snacks. You can follow George on Instagram (@ChefGeorgeDuran) and Facebook (@GeorgeDuranEats) and at www.georgeduran.com for fun food photos and culinary inspiration.
About Kayco Beyond
Kayco is one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers of kosher foods. It has expanded Kayco Beyond Division sources and distributes new products to the general market beyond kosher to meet the demands of consumers looking for optional products that are healthful, convenient and/or for restricted diets and lifestyles. These brands include Absolutely! Gluten Free®, Beetology™, Mighty Sesame Co.®, Wonder Melon™, Wonder Lemon™, and Dorot Gardens®, among others. They are headquartered in Bayonne, NJ. (www.KAYCO.com)
When it comes to Passover, most rituals will never change – but that doesn’t mean your meals have to be the same ol’-same ol’. Passover starts at sundown on Wednesday, April 8, 2020. That gives you just a few weeks to figure out how to take a tradition that’s been around for thousands of years and make it feel fresh.
KAYCO (www.kayco.com) and Manischewitz, two of the most trusted names in kosher food, are here to help. So is Kosher.com (www.Kosher.com), the premier website for all things kosher. These institutions keep a sharp eye on consumer trends in order to develop and launch exciting new products and recipes every year. That’s why, in today’s health-minded climate, the focus is on better-for-you options that inspire satisfying meals while also promoting physical well being.
Innovative rollouts from KAYCO/Manischewitz
Skeptics take heart: gone are the days when Passover “substitutes” can leave a bad taste in your mouth. You’d never know that Manischewitz’s Gluten–Free Sicilian-style Pizza and Absolutely GlutenFree Stacked Potato Chips (available in 3 flavors) are kosher for Passover, let alone gluten–free! Then there’s dairy-free Gefen Almond Milk, perfect with gluten–free Gefen Granola; “clean” non-GMO snacks like Beet Chips and Carrot Chips; and vegan 5-ingredient Freedom Bars for wholesome snacking.
You can even enjoy a sandwich during Passover this year thanks to rolls from No Way! It’s Gluten Free. The Tuscanini brand is introducing 4 varieties of all-natural sparkling seltzers with zero calories, bottled at the source and imported from Italy. And Heaven & Earth’s unique new veggie juice blends come in single-serve packs for nutritious refreshment on the go.
Admittedly, not all food trends are quite so virtuous. Go ahead and indulge in new finds like Manischewitz Cold Brew Macaroons in two varieties, Coffee and Earl Grey (whaaaat?!), made from real tea and coffee.
Of course, some classics are perfect the way they are. This year Manischewitz reboots the packaging for everyone’s favorite Horseradish, now in adorable mason jars you can put straight on the Seder table. They are also introducing Handmade Shmura Matzo with a light, delicate texture – perfect for the traditional Seder.
PASSOVER SEDER MENUS
Top chefs cook up new vegan, vegetarian, paleo, and low carb seder menus
Now that your pantry is stocked, it’s time to think about home-made meals. Kosher.com has hundreds of ideas for lightening things up. Here, hot off the presses, are Seder menus and recipes that are on trend for Passover 2020 from two of the channel’s most popular hosts – Rorie Weisberg (Living Full ‘n Free) and Esty Wolbe (Easy Does It).
Esty Wolbe’s Passover 2020 Recipes include a rich Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie topped with smooth mashed potatoes, easy Chimichurri Cauliflower “Steaks,” low carb Salami Nachos, and much more. Care to give Passover a healthy Mediterranean spin? Esty’s hearty Braised Lamb Shanks and flavorful Roasted Eggplant, garnished with fresh pomegranate seeds, fit the bill.
Check out Rorie’s Vegan/Vegetarian Menu featuring such temptations as earthy Celery Root Stuffed Mushrooms, beautiful Tri-Colored Root Hash, creamy Summer Squash Soup, and more. For aPaleo/Low Carb Menu that incorporates healthy fats and proteins, she offers an astonishing Cream of Chicken Soup with Almond Flour Matzoh Balls, savory Cold Brew Rosemary Marinated Boneless Spare Ribs, and a decadent dessert made with dates, cashew butter and cocoa that’s free of dairy and refined sugar.
Need more Passover recipes ideas? Rorie also presents spiralized kohlrabi “pasta” with a Bolognese sauce (set to air April 2 on Kosher.com) and Celery Root “Bread”crumbs for healthier food options this Passover. Video: https://www.kosher.com/
It is not easy to stay at home all day long for at least 15 days. In order to make your family and kids feel not too bad, you need to prepare some healthy snacks.
- Absolutely Gluten Free
Absolutely Gluten Free is committed to producing gluten free products without sacrificing delicious taste. Absolutely has expanded its selection and become famous in the health-conscious and gluten-free communities. The products include unique items such as a Gluten Free Crepe and Blondie/Brownie Brittles. Absolutely Gluten Free Crackers, Flatbreads, Pizzas and more are so good everyone will want to eat them!
Absolutely Gluten Free Cold Brew Macaroons
- Gluten Free Toasted Cold Brew Macaroons
- Certified kosher and gluten free
- Soft and chewy with just the right amount of sweetness!
- Easy Storable container to keep them fresh.
- Kosher Passover.
Stacked Potato Chips Onion Garlic
Gefen is one of the most recognizable Kosher brands and the only one that services the whole spectrum of Kosher consumers from ultra-Orthodox to traditional, with a strong presence in every marketplace. Gefen offers a tremendously wide variety of products, from soup to nuts. Popular items include the honey bear, chestnuts, packed bean mixes and canned vegetables, baking supplies, sauces and condiments, desserts, instant noodle soups, and fruit juices. Gefen is best known for its commitment to quality and a well-respected kosher certification.
Chewy Maple Almond & Honey Nut Granola Cereal Clusters
Sweetened & Unsweetened Almond Milk
Tuscanini offers authentic made-in-Italy foods with the highest quality ingredients for a real taste of Italy, enjoyed in the comfort of your own home. Sauces, jams, and condiments bring an unmistakably authentic Italian flavor to whatever dishes you’re preparing. Frozen pizzas topped with fresh julienned cheese are fired in a genuine brick wood fired oven for flavorful meals anytime. Parchment crackers and gourmet potato chips make elegant snacks. Tuscanini foods truly stimulate the palate like no other.
The same amazing water from Italy with a hint of mineral flavor, this sparkling water is perfect on a hot day when you want something a little more interesting than plain water.
The rich taste of fresh, sweet tomatoes in a juice that will quench your thirst as it delights your taste buds.
Hope everyone has a chill time at home and I believe we can all go through this tough time soon. Let us say it is so nice to stay healthy, and let’s keep healthy with good snacks.
According to the Celiac Foundation, celiac disease affects one in every 100 people in the United States, about 3 million people. In addition, a growing number of people suffer from gluten sensitivity or allergic reactions to wheat. As a result, the number of Americans going gluten-free has tripled since 2009.
“More and more consumers are limiting gluten to improve their health as well as for weight loss,” says Charles Herzog, Executive VP of Absolutely Gluten-free (AGF). “That trend is increasingly reflected on grocery shelves and restaurant menus. But it’s no secret that people think ‘gluten-free’ has to be synonymous with ‘compromise.’”
Absolutely Gluten-free packs a flavor-filled punch with its full line of unique and delicious gluten-free products that satisfy everyone’s craving for sweet and savory snacks, whether they’re eliminating gluten from their diets or not. The company received the 2017 Gluten-Free Trailblazer Award from Grocery Headquarters in recognition of its innovation and impact on the gluten-free and diabetic foods space.
The newest Absolutely Gluten Free product taps into two of today’s hottest food crazes: tahini and energy bars. Absolutely Gluten Free’s ’s 100-calorie TahiniBars™ are gluten- and dairy-free, vegan, and made with natural sesame seeds, a.k.a. “super seeds.” These grab-and-go bars are available in Vanilla, Cocoa Nib, and Pistachio flavors, making gluten-free living tasty and convenient.
Try Absolutely Gluten-free Flatbread in three varieties (Original, Everything, and Toasted Onion). These flour-free light flatbreads can be used to make pizza, sandwiches, and lunch for kids, topped with just about anything from melted cheese to roasted veggies and sliced fruit. They are all soy, corn, and rice-free.
Absolutely Gluten-free Crackers are available in three varieties including Original, Cracked Pepper, and Toasted Onion. They are flour-free with no soy, corn, or rice, and are light, crispy, and delicious. Serve them as appetizers with dips, crumbled atop salads and soups, or in place of breadcrumb coating.
For a perfectly sweet and crunchy surprise, Absolutely Gluten-free Blondie and Brownie Crunch snacks don’t disappoint. Blondie Crunch is available in Vanilla Chocolate Chip and Brownie Crunch in Chocolate-Chocolate Chip flavor. They are packaged in a handy resealable bag to eat on the go. And they are great toppers to ice-cream, yogurt, cakes, and mousse desserts.
For those who love a chewy snack, Absolutely Gluten-free Raw Coconut Chews are a great choice. Choose from Cocoa Nibs with Chocolate Drizzle or Cranberry with Chocolate Drizzle. Made with raw coconut, these all-natural treats are vegan and paleo-friendly, and contain no dairy, eggs, or soy.
There’s even more variety for those with a sweet tooth on a gluten-free diet. Absolutely Gluten-free Macaroonsare yet another tasty snack from the AGF line, in Chocolate or Coconut flavors.
“We are committed to the continued development of gluten-free foods that offer great taste, nutrition, and health benefits,” states Herzog. “With Absolutely Gluten-free, consumers on restricted diets should no longer feel left out when it comes to a world of delicious food choices.”
All Absolutely Gluten-free products are all-natural, certified gluten-free, and OU certified kosher. AGF is a division of Kayco Foods based in Bayonne, NJ. Follow them at http://absolutelygf.com/, on Twitter at @absolutelygf, and on FB at https://www.facebook.com/
Absolutely Gluten Free, maker of all-natural crackers, flatbreads, and pizza that are both delicious and gluten-free, is taking on the energy bar category with the launch of TahiniBAR, a grab-and-go sesame seed snack that weighs in at only 100 calories. All varieties are certified OU Kosher and dairy-free.
TahiniBAR is leading the pack in many of today’s hottest food trends.
- Demand for authentic Mediterranean food, particularly seed-based spreads like hummus and tahini, is on the rise in the United States, with even more growth in the forecast.
- The market for healthy portable snacks has seen dynamic growth; bars are more widely available and consumed on a more casual basis than ever before.
- The gluten-free movement continues to gain traction as shoppers become more mindful of diets that support health and wellness. In fact, more than 30% of Generation Z and Millennials say they are willing to pay a premium for gluten-free products.
- Finally, consumers are expecting intriguing new textures and flavors, and they want to indulge in ingredients like fruits, nuts, and chocolate.
Sesame seeds are truly one of the most ancient foods on earth. In fact, sesame plants are the oldest known plant species to be grown primarily for their seeds (pods) and oils rather than for their leaves, fruit or vegetables.
Health Benefits – Sesame seeds are an excellent source of copper, manganese, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, molybdenum, and selenium. These translate into a variety of health benefits including cholesterol-lowering phytosterols, heart health, improved blood pressure, hormone balance, as well as cancer fighting and fat burning properties. Sesame also helps boost nutrient absorption and energy levels, too.
TahiniBAR satisfies all of these demands in a novel new format. Like tahini and its decadent dessert cousin, halvah, the energy bars are made from all-natural roasted sesame seeds. Sesame seeds help boost energy levels and are a good source of vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber, Calcium, Iron, Zinc and potassium. Much lower in calories than many other bars, this 100% gluten-free treat is available in three delectable varieties – Cocoa Nibs, Pistachio, and Vanilla – and sold in packs of 7 bars (4.4 oz.). The MSRP is $2.49 – $2.99 per bar.
Absolutely Gluten Free is headquartered in Bayonne, NJ, and currently has a line of gluten free flatbreads and crackers, Superseed Crunch, Blondies and cauliflower crusted pizza, among other items, available in stores nationwide. Follow them on FB and Twitter @AbsolutelyGF and online at www.absolutelygf.com.
About Absolutely Gluten Free:
Gluten free and delicious don’t always go hand in hand, and when Absolutely Gluten Free develops their products they always say to ourselves, why do they have to choose one or the other? At Absolutely Gluten Free they make delicious items that happen to be gluten free. With that in mind, they try a lot of gluten free products, and not every item they test is a hit. How do they know we get them right? When they gave them to friends and family the question they got most often was “are you sure this is Gluten free??” The answer? …ABSOLUTELY!