Two of my favorite brands came together during NYC’s Fashion Week: Alice + Olivia and CATWALK by TIGI.
Stacey Bendet amazed us with her “preppy-meets-pretty” Spring 2014 Alice + Olivia collection that was inspired by the “American Girl.” It featured a true elegance, carefree spirit and of course, a romantic twist. I’m loving the pops of pastel and the sophisticated neutrals.
I’ll take one of each!
To get the look just right, CATWALK by TIGI global creative director Nick Irwin came up with a complementary hairstyle that captured the true essence of the Alice + Olivia girl: the simple chignon.
It’s an elegant look that adds a bit of edge to every outfit, and I’ve got the inside scoop on how you can achieve it at home with CATWALK by TIGI’s range of styling products:
- Starting with a base of straight, dry hair, begin flat ironing small sections using the CATWALK® by TIGI® Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray
- Once hair is bone-straight, create a deep and defined side part over the left eyebrow and carefully brush hair into a low ponytail at the nape – being careful to smooth hair over (not behind!) the right ear. Secure with an elastic.
- Work CATWALK® by TIGI® Curlesque Strong Hold Mousse through the pony tail, applying heat with a blow dryer to eliminate fly always and provide hold
- After securing the bottom of the ponytail with another small elastic, gently twist the hair into a perfect chignon, tucking ends out of sight and securing with french pins
- Set the look with CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series Finishing Spray
- Rock that look, honey!
One of my favorite fashion lifestyle brands! I own their suitcase and totally am obsessed with their blog Fortheloveofblog.com. Can’t wait to see their new pop up store!
Who: alice + olivia by Stacey Bendet
Where: 72 Greene Street, NYC
Store Hours: Monday-Saturday 10am – 7pm and Sunday 12pm – 6pm
I stopped by Target today after changing the address on my drivers licence at the DMV and lucky for me there was hardly a line! Quel surprise! So the day could only get better when I spotted a red 50% off sign right where the Target x Neiman Holiday stuff were!
There is a limit to 5 items so I will definitely go back tomorrow. Here is what I got!
1. Alice & Olivia Luggage ($179)
Oh so cute and it comes with the 360 spin and all these cute pouches for laundry, shoes and sunnies. How perfect! I am so so so happy with this and will bring it to Toronto with me next week! Yay!!
2. Lela Rose Top ($69.99)
My uniform of the black A line swingy jersey tank top is great for everyday but for special days, this really adorable flower top is a easy choice. It’s 75% cotton and 25% silk. What a steal!
3. Robert Rodriguez Top ($79.99)
I loved this because of the ruffles and the kinda peplum shape I have been dying to add to my life. Ah! Can’t wait to wear this tonight!
4. Jason Wu Girl’s Dress
Got this for my lil niece. If Jason Wu dresses are good enough for Michelle Obama they are good enough for me.
There are still tons of stuff I want from the oversized Rag & Bone sweater to Oscar De La Renta dog bowl to the Alice & Olivia Bike!!
Everything is available online too at target.com
I am really excited about these upcoming sample sales in New York.
1. Alice and Olivia
WHEN: 12/18 – 12/22; Tue (9-7), W-Th (10-8), F (10-7), Sat (10-4)
WHERE: 260 Fifth Avenue
(Between 28th & 29th Streets)
New York, NY 10001
N / R/ 6 Trains to 28th Street
WHEN: 12/13 – 12/16; Th-Sat (10-7), Sun (10-5)
WHERE: 530 Fifth Avenue
corner of 44th Street
New York, NY 10036
Sunday brunch on the deck, anyone? Afternoon tea in the garden? Drinks by the pool? Yes please.