JOAH Launches Color Squad Cream Lipstick,
Blur Mineral Activator Primer
and More for 2019
The latest launches from JOAH include: Color Squad Cream Lipstick; Blur Activator Mineral Primer; two new iterations of the popular Birthday Suit Eyeshadow Palette; new shades of I’m Your Jelly Bae Matte Gel Lipstick and Wat-a-Matte Matte Liquid Lipstick; and three concealers (Wand Me Up Perfecting Concealer, All Brushed Up Creamy Concealer and Truly Yours Dark Circle Concealer).
JOAH Color Squad Cream Lipstick is a lightweight, ultra-moisturizing lipstick infused with Argan Oil to leave lips feeling smooth and hydrated. With saturated micro-fine pigments, Color Squad delivers rich, lush color that lasts all day. Color Squad is available in 20 color-rich shades.
- Hydrating formula infused with Argan Oil
- Highly pigmented
- Comfortable, all day wear
- Available in 20 color rich shades
JOAH Blur Activator Mineral Primer is an airy skin perfecting primer infused with Korean Camellia Oil. The lightweight skin perfecting formula creates a veil-like effect on the skin which “blurs” imperfections leaving smooth, flawless skin. Helps foundation glide on and set makeup for long lasting wear.
- Smooths skin
- Minimizes the appearance of redness, pores, winkles and more
- Weightless texture
- Extends wear of makeup
- Infused with Camellia Oil & Minerals
JOAH Birthday Suit Eyeshadow is a versatile compact eyeshadow palette featuring a mix of 6 shades ranging from mattes to shimmers. New shades “After Hours” and “Date Night” join fan favorites “Bare” and “Unveiled” for 4 versatile options.
- Rich long lasting color and pigment
- Blends easily
- Velvety texture
- Can be used as an eyeliner when applied wet
JOAH I’m Your Jelly Bae Matte Gel Lipstick now offers 3 new shades – “Romeo,” “Lover,” and “BAEcation” – in an innovative gel-powder formula with a highly pigmented matte finish.
- Gel lipstick glides on and provides weightless comfort thanks to dry-touch oils and a wax-free formula
- The richly pigmented color quickly dries to a velvety, matte finish thatdelivers lasting wear without making the lips look or feel dried out
The JOAH Wat-a-Matte Liquid Lipstick family adds 6 brand new options – “Rosé Truffle,” “Berry Bliss,” “Cherry Cola,” “Pink Velvet,” “Cherry Tart,” and “Sugar Cookie.” A unique U-shaped doe-foot applicator hugs your lip for perfect lips with just one stroke thanks to the revolutionary non-drying, full coverage formula.
- High pigmentation
- Full coverage in one stroke
- Angled tip applicator
- Lasts for 12 hours
JOAH expands its concealer offerings with the introduction of Wand Me Up Perfecting Concealer, a fresh, natural coverage wand concealer hides imperfections and leaves skin looking flawless.
- Natural, buildable coverage
- Camouflages skin imperfections, acne and blemishes
- Lightweight & breathable
- Easy to blend
- Corrects, contours & perfects
All Brushed Up Creamy Concealer, a radiant creamy concealer with unique brush tip applicator that provides the most precise application for an instantly flawless complexion.
- Customizable coverage
- Brightening effect
- Evens out skin tone
- Preciseapplication with easy to use brush
- Camouflages skin imperfections, acne and blemishes
JOAH Truly Yours Dark Circle Concealer – a lightweight creamy concealer with buildable coverage that instantly hides dark circles, blurs fine lines and masks imperfections – is now available in 11 shades. The cushion applicator allows for an easy and even application while leaving skin looking youthful.
- Easy to blend
- Lightweight yet full coverage
- Leaves skin with a natural finish
- Conceals dark circles, skin imperfections, scars, hyperpigmentation and discoloration
JOAH – which is Korean for “I like it” – is the first full-range K-beauty cosmetics line available to the mass market, offering easily achievable beauty benefits, on-trend colors, and innovative high performance formulas. The full JOAH line features 190 SKUs spanning across the lip, eye, brow, face, and cosmetic brush segments. Price points range from $2.99 to $13.99. The playful names and colorful packaging reflect the JOAH attitude -– fearlessly feminine and unapologetically girly.
Rooted in Korean Culture, K-Beauty is a philosophy that caring for your skin comes first and what you put on your face really matters. JOAH brings the best of Korean beauty innovation and quality to the US with a full cosmetics line featuring skin-loving ingredients + formulas that really work. You will see the difference & feel the difference when you wear JOAH cosmetics. Plus just because it’s the best, we don’t expect you to pay a fortune. JOAH is Korean for “I like it” and you’ll love it too! For more information, visit www.JOAHbeauty.com.
- Miss Bud’s Hemp Skincare, the newest addition to Uncle Bud’s Hemp, is the perfect way to introduce the miracle of hemp oil into your beauty routine. Formulated to address skin concerns from hydration to anti-aging, you can take on 2019 as a budding beauty.
- Miss Bud’s Hemp Eye Serum ($24.99): This eye serum reduces dark circles and puffiness while improving skin elasticity. Made with a blend of Pure Hemp Seed, Wheat Germ, Coconut and Sunflower oils, the vitamin and antioxidant-rich formula nourishes the skin.
- Miss Bud’s Hemp Under-Eye Oil ($24.99): This under-eye oil transforms the delicate under-eye area to reduce fine lines, tone, smooth and deeply moisturize skin for beautiful, youthful looking eyes.
- Miss Bud’s Hemp Anti-Wrinkle Cream ($21.99): This powerful, anti-wrinkle cream is scientifically formulated to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while increasing skins firmness and elasticity. The hydrating formula dramatically reduces the appearance of fine lines, crow’s feet and deep wrinkles.
A classy and sophisticated color-infused holiday launch from jane iredale! The clean beauty brand touts an arsenal of celebrity fans including Emma Watson, Zooey Deschanel, Carice van Houten, Gabrielle Union and more. The NEW Happy Together holiday collection features a party-ready mix of brilliant color, playful shimmer and dazzling shine alongside a philanthropic component as well!
Five super-saturated, universally wearable PurePressed® Eye Shadows with just a playful touch of shimmer.
- Spree – pale pink with subtle shimmer
- Wing-ding – plum with subtle shimmer
- Soiree – royal blue with subtle shimmer
- Shindig – shimmery jade green
- Hootenanny – shimmery chocolate brown
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Highly pigmented, long-lasting and crease resistant.
- Use wet or dry; apply colors alone, blended or layered.
- Botanical extracts soothe, protect and nurture skin.Dance with Me Refillable Compact – $20
Refillable rose gold compact embellished with elegant butterflies holds PurePressed® Base Mineral Foundation, Bronzer Refills, PureMatte® Finish Powder Refill or Beyond Matte® HD Matifying Powder.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Elegant, mirrored, rose gold compact has a butterfly embellishment.
- Close with a satisfying snap, keeping makeup fresh & protected.
- Sleek, lightweight design is made of recyclable plastic.
- High-shine finish is fingerprint resistant.
- Perfect for on-the-go touch-ups.
Long-lasting, saturated lip stains and a clear shimmer gloss for creating a variety of beautiful lip looks.
- Stain Craving – light salmon
- Stain Fascination – rosy pink
- Gloss Crystal – clear shimmer
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Conditions & protects lips.
- Non-feathering, stay-put color.
- Wear alone for a matte look or add a glossy finish.
- Conditioning, non-tacky formula gives a glossy shimmering finish.
- No ingredients are petroleum-based.
A portion of the profits goes to SaveOurMonarchs, a grassroots, non-profit organization dedicated to saving the embattled monarch butterflies.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Original artwork by Gretchen Kelly designed exclusively for jane iredale.
- Featured butterflies, Monarchs and Swallowtails, are native to Jane’s garden.
- Zip-close pure cotton canvas bag with wipe-clean vinyl li
Overall, in the Packaging and Manufacturing, there is innovation. With the majority of production in China, S Korea and Taiwan are also in the races to create more user friendly, environmental friendly packaging options. We saw a surge in OEM, Original Equipment Manufacturing but consumers are looking for more than a cute packaging. Discerning customers and savvy buyers alike are looking for ‘instant’ results and great formulation.
While the minimalist trend that is huge in America has not exactly translated to the Asian consumer. The juice is very important and many brands are using the ‘juice’ as a part of the packaging. This creates a challenge for packaging manufactures to become more innovative and change more than just the shape or color. Pragmatic design that is effective in form and function has more longevity than kitschy shapes that we have seen prevalent in the K-Beauty Trend thus far.
Celebeau (S Korean) Brand has taken note of this trend and created this gentle make up remover.
The overall learning from CosmoprofAsia this year is that with the power of social media, global trends are transferred and cross-pollinated faster than ever. These don’t exactly always translate but a version of this emerges into something beautiful. The most important note is that each country/culture has its own unique features and beauty brands must be aware of them to create new products. Consumers are looking for new items but they are also coveted new favorites.
I look forward to seeing what is in store for Cosmoprof Asia next year!
I had the chance to talk in depth with these companies at Cosmoprof Asia this year and learned a great deal about their company and the innovations! It is always exciting to discover new brands and I invite you to check out their products and add them to your holiday shopping list.
PROBO: Baby Products
This Taiwainese Brand created safe and effective cleaning products for babies. With Millennial moms being more and more aware of health and chemicals, this product line is the answer to their concerns. The marketing director of Probo took the time to explain to me why this is an exicitng innovation in the baby products category, check out what Crystal said.
HEYDOYOU: What is the main reason that Probo is different than other products?
PROBO: Our best seller is the wash, it is great to remove harmful pesticides, chemicals and wax off veggies so make sure the child is not eating those those. You can also use the soap to wash all bottles and sippy cups to removed mold and residue.
HEYDOYOU: How does Probo products do that?
PROBO: We developed a proprietary anti bacterial, anti viral that is safe. It neutralize and eliminate harmful pathogens and stops it organically from developing. It encapsulates them so they cannot continue in its development.
HEYDOYOU: How will you introduce Probo products into the market?
PROBO: We have an exciting licensing partnership with popular cartoon character Peppa the Pig and it will launch to market early next year. We hope that moms and kids will be attracted to this character they know and love so they will give Probo formulation a try.
PARISTY – Turn Key Manufacturer for color cosmetics/powder products
Paristry has a been a major player in the game since 1993 and they are the leaders in what they do. They spend a lot of effort into creative research, trend prediction and pushing the industry to be surprise and delight their customers. See what the head of product development shared with me during our interview.
HEYDOYOU: What are you most proud of today in your booth?
PARISTRY: We have a lot of new items here so I am not sure where to start. I guess one of the items many Cosmoprof attendees have focused on are these (Pearlized sea collection)
HEYDOYOU: I am interested in these too and I noticed there is a underwater trend in beauty and fashion. Tell me about these.
PARISTRY: These are custom made, we created stainless steel molds to make these perfect 3D pressed powder eye shadows. They can also be use for lip color and is very versatile. The process is expensive so you will see these in luxury products in the new year.
HEYDOYOU: How do you come up with your ideas?
PARISTRY: This is our trade secret! Seriously, we dedicated a lot of time for workshops and brainstorms. We also look to industries outside of beauty for inspiration like food, fashion and even technology.
Guest post by Shannon McNeal
it Cosmetics is living up to their hype! it Cosmetics is different from other brands because it makes sure their products don’t harm your skin. They also don’t harm animals! Yes, it Cosmetics is a cruelty-free beauty brand that works with plastic surgeons to benefit your skin.
I had the opportunity to try out many samples including Bye Bye Lines Foundation, Your Skin But Better CC+ Powder, Confidence in Your Glow 3-in-1 (bronzer, highlighter, and blush), and the Bye Bye Breakout Concealer.
With it Cosmetics’s Bye Bye Lines Foundation, you get 100% coverage with a little portion. When I used the foundation, it only took me three squirts to cover my entire face. Your face feels very light with the coverage as well. No cake-y feeling! This foundation is an invisible coverage promoting anti-aging, smooth-feeling skin.
After I used the foundation, I turned to the Your Skin But Better CC+ Powder as a finishing veil. With the 50+ SPF, it controls the look. By that, I mean there’s no oily finish when in hot, humid weather conditions.
The Confidence in Your Glow 3-in-1 is used for contouring your makeup layout. I tested the highlight on a relative’s skin as well as my own and there is no difference in clarity on both of our skin tones (I’m more on the darker side). Because of this, I can vouch for darker skin tones with it Cosmetics.
Anyway, darker skin-toned people tend not to use blush so this was also tested on my relative and it’s a perfect ratio of pink to red without looking like you just got done filming a movie scene!
Last, not least, the Bye Bye Breakout Concealer is for last minute use. When I realize I miss a spot on my face, this little tube comes a long way. The best part about this concealer is the fact that it targets oily/acne prone skin.
Throughout this whole process, my face never felt heavy or dirty. It will give you a professionally clean look. I recommend trying this beauty line. Your skin will thank you.