Delicious Holiday Recipes with America’s First Canned Organic Coconut Milk
Native Forest® Organic Coconut Milk (America’s first) is pressed from the nutmeat of mature organic coconuts. It features full-bodied coconut taste with a smooth and creamy texture. Organic coconuts tend to be a little smaller than their conventionally grown cousins, while the organic coconut trees are sturdier and more drought resistant.
Native Forest® collection has grown since 1999, with additions of juicy organic fruits, authentic tropical specialties and culinary quality fruits and vegetables. These are packed in cans or glass jars for convenient storage and long life without need of refrigeration (until opened) or preservatives.
Native Forest Classic Coconut Milk is made from the first pressing of fresh organic coconut meat that creates an oil-rich extract and is mixed with only filtered water and a tiny amount (less than 1%) of guar gum from the seeds of the guar plant. Makes for a delicious ingredient in soups, curries, sauces, desserts, and beverages.
- USDA Organic
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Certified Kosher
- Packed in BPA Non-Intent Cans (BPA-NI).
Vegan Coconut Snowmen
Yields: 4-5 snowmen, Prep Time: 10 mins, Assembly Time: 10 mins, Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 Cup Let’s Do Organic® Shredded Coconut
- 8 Tbsp Let’s Do Organic® Coconut Flour
- 5 Tbsp Native Forest® Classic Coconut Milk
- 3 Tbsp Native Forest® Virgin Coconut Oil (melted)
- 4 Tbsp Let’s Do Organic® Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Raisins and dried apricots (for decorating)
- Pipe cleaners or yarn (for scarf)
- Cake pop sticks (for body)
- Place all ingredients in the food processor except for the sweetened condensed coconut milk. Process until you have a dough and scrape down the sides as you go.
- Add condensed coconut milk in once finely processed to help the mixture stick together.
- Roll dough into three different sized balls to create your snowmen and then roll the balls in shredded coconut.
- Assemble balls on on a cake stick. Use raisins for eyes, mouth, buttons and dried apricot for the nose.
Native Forest® Organic Turmeric Coconut Milk is delicious in soups, curries, sauces, and beverages, lending its creamy goodness to smoothies, non-dairy specialties and classic regional dishes. Perfect for golden milk, curries, and more!
- Certified USDA Organic
- Contains NO guar gum
- Kosher Certified
- Packed in BPA Non-Intent Cans (BPA-NI).
Vegan Golden Milk Cinnamon Rolls
Makes: 12 cinnamon rolls
- 4 – 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 packet instant rise yeast
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Native Forest Organic Turmeric Coconut Milk warmed
- 3/4 cup plant based milk warmed
- 1/4 cup vegan butter melted
- 10 medjool dates pitted and soaked hot water
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter soft
- 2 tsp cinnamon + more for sprinkling
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 3-4 tbsp plant based milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add 2 cups of the flour, yeast, cane sugar and salt to a bowl of a mixer and combine. Once combined, add in the melted butter and warmed turmeric coconut milk and plant based milk and whisk until smooth. Slowly add the remaining flour until a dough starts to form. Cover the dough and let it sit for 5 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Drain the water from your dates and place them into a food processor or blender along with the remaining filling ingredients. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides as needed.
- Dust a large piece of parchment paper with flour and roll out the dough into a large rectangle. Spread the filling in a thin layer over the dough and sprinkle with cinnamon and then tightly roll up the dough starting on the wider side. Use a sharp knife to cut the log into 12 evenly sized pieces. Place the pieces into a baking dish prepared with parchment paper or non stick spray about half inch apart. Cover and let the rolls rise in a warm place.
- After 30 minutes, turn the oven to 350 F and bake the rolls for 20-22 minutes. Stir together the glaze ingredients and drizzle it over the warm cinnamon rolls. Serve.
To produce Native Forest Coconut Milk Powder, Native Forest spray-dried fresh coconut milk, adding only select plant-based ingredients to protect, disperse and balance nutrients when the milk becomes powder. Convenient and easy to use, Native Forest Coconut Milk Powder is great to take camping or traveling since it has no need of refrigeration. It dissolves quickly when stirred in hot water and may soon become your favorite ingredient. Perfect as a dairy-free creamer in your morning cup of coffee, in soups, curries and smoothies! Native Forest Coconut Milk Powder is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and kosher certified.
2-Ingredient Dairy-Free Milk Chocolate
- 10 ounces dairy free dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup Native Forest Coconut Milk Powder
- Add the dark chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until the chocolate is melted.
- Stir in the coconut milk powder and pour into chocolate bar shaped silicone molds. Let the chocolate harden at room temperature, remove from the molds and enjoy!
- If you don’t have a mold, let the chocolate harden in the bowl, scoop it out with a spoon and roll it into truffles!
Learn about the story of Native Forest® brand and the environmental efforts you support when purchasing their products. The Native Forest® Project can be found in the Amazon River basin of Peru in South America, where conscientious entrepreneurs work hand-in-hand with ecologists to create a system for harvesting and processing Native Forest Organic Hearts of Palm.
The Native Forest® Organic Hearts of Palm project supports the health of the consumer, the future of the rainforest and the economic and social well being of the source communities. The project brings employment and a higher standard of living to the region while maintaining respect for its culture and its vast natural resources. Healthy, delicious and convenient, Native Forest® Organic Hearts of Palm are cherished members of the Native Forest family of products, which Native Forest is proud to offer you.
The Native Forest® brand was born in 1999 with the introduction of America’s first canned Organic Hearts of Palm. Unlike most conventional alternatives, the harvesting system of Native Forest® Organic Hearts of Palm supports the preservation of native South American rain forests while benefiting source Amerindian communities. For more information, please visit www.edwardandsons.com.