- Asian, Austin, Australia, Baltimore, Bitty, Las Vegas, London, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Seoul, Toronto, Vancouver, WorldWide
How to Keep Oily Skin from Causing BreakoutsOils produced by the body help keep skin healthy, but there can be too much of a good thing. Excess oil can lead to blemishes and acne flare-ups. Dr. Jennifer Linder, Chief Scientific Officer for PCA SKIN provided some interesting insight for those of us that struggle with oily skin, along with why excess oils lead to breakouts and what we can do to keep it in check!“Oily skin tends to be a “sluggish” skin condition, meaning it does not effectively shed dead surface cells as easily as normal skin due to the increased oil production acting almost as the glue holding the dead cells together. It is important to add in an exfoliating treatment on a weekly basis that also assists in purifying the pores. PCA SKIN’s Purifying Mask is a clay-based mask with micro-fine pumice that draws out impurities, helps to minimize oil production while also providing gentle exfoliation. Nighttime products containing pure retinol are also a fantastic way to regulate cellular turnover and oil production. I highly recommend PCA SKIN’s Intensive Clarity Treatment at night to increase cellular turnover while regulating oil production.”
PCA SKIN Purifying Mask ($56; PCASKIN.com)
An at-home clay-based treatment mask that exfoliates, detoxifies and removes impurities, leaving skin smooth, clear and bright.
- A well-balanced botanical blend to promote a clear complexion
- Clay-based mask that eliminates built-up impurities in pores
- Micro-fine pumice to gently exfoliate built-up surface debris
Algae – detoxifies and hydrates the skin.
Clay – detoxifies, and absorbs oil and impurities.
Pumice – gently exfoliates built-up surface debris and impurities from the skin.
Tea tree leaf oil – promotes a clear complexion.
PCA SKIN Intensive Clarity Treatment ($106; pcaskin.com)
Vital for acne skin, this salicylic acid formula includes retinol, niacinamide and hexylresorcinol to dramatically reduce and prevent breakouts, while ethyl linoleate, retinopeptide and lilac stem cell extract reduce sebum production and inflammation. With patented OmniSome delivery technology, the ingredients are delivered deeper into the skin for improved results.
- Salicylic acid (2%) – is for the treatment of acne. Helps keep skin clear of new acne pimples, blackheads.
- 0.5% Retinol (Vitamin A) – is converted to retinoic acid in the skin. Vitamin A helps to promote a clear complexion and an even skin tone.
- Niacinamide (4%) –is a potent and calming antioxidant that delivers multiple important benefits to the skin. It helps to reduce transepidermal water loss (TEWL) and improve barrier function. This is critical for clear,even skin. Additionally, niacinamide helps to reduce redness and improve the overall appearance of an uneven skin tone.
- Hexylresorcinol –helps to promote an even skin tone and reduce inflammation in the breakout-prone skin.
- Ethyl Linoleate – has been shown to reduce inflammation, keratinization and other common causes of breakouts.
- Myristoyl Nonapeptide-3 –this retinopeptide mimics retinoid activity to support breakout-fighting and collagen-building.
- Bakuchiol – is an effective complement to retinoids for fighting breakouts.
- Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract – helps regulate sebum and reduce inflammation in the breakout-prone skin and/or whiteheads.
Be sure to check out these products and much more at pcaskin.com!