National Dog Day in Tel A Viv
el Aviv will celebrate a special day for dogs, for the first time in Israel.
Tel Aviv is the friendiest city in the world for dogs, with 1 dog for every 17 residents, making it the city with the highest amount of dogs per capita in the world.
25,000 Tel Avivian dogs enjoy 70 public dog parks; 1.3 dog parks for every 1 square kilometer. Tel Aviv has also declared special beaches where dogs can roam freely.
The city-wide dog day will be celebrated at the Bnei Dan Dog Park with many attractions for the city’s 4-legged residents. Among the attractions are:
– A display of startups founded in Tel Aviv that serve dogs and their owners
– Unique products for doggie birthdays
– Sushi for dogs
– Dog Spa
And many more doggie-friendly “treats”.
The Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality sets dogs’ welfare at high-priority:
– The city’s shelter is a no-kill shelter
– Homeless animals are treated 24/7 by the city’s vet services
– The city animal patrol checks complaints regarding animal abuse
– The Municipality continues to create activities for dogs, while last month a
special screening of the movie “The Secret Life of Pets” was displayed for
dogs and their owners.