An alarming article from The Guardian recently pointed out a statistic from a recent study from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health: “The global loss of pollinators is causing about 500,000 early deaths a year by reducing the supply of healthy foods.” The study is the first to quantify the human health toll of insufficient wild pollinators.
With this information in mind, there is a new book that seeks to educate young readers about the importance of pollinators. World of Pollinators: A Guide for All Explorers: Fun Projects, Over 400 Amazing Facts about Plants, Bees, Beetles, Birds and Butterflies (Creative Homeowner) teaches children the importance of pollinators, along with exciting outdoor DIY projects and activities that make a difference!
Have fun while making an impact! Jam-packed with tons of awesome information all about nature, World of Pollinators teaches children the importance of pollinators, along with exciting outdoor DIY projects and activities that make a difference! Engaging and fun, kids will read and learn about important pollinating insects and other valuable nature topics, from what pollen is and how it works to why some insects and birds are pollinators while some are not. Also included are illustrated guides showing different types of birds, insects, and flowering plants that attract pollinators, regional maps, and awesome fun facts on state birds across the United States! This educational and hands-on book also provides exciting outdoor projects for kids that are fun as they get involved in nature while also protecting it, including how to make a butterfly house, how to plant a pollinator haven in a flowerpot and more. World of Pollinators is an excellent resource for parents and teachers to encourage, educate, and inspire children about pollinators and helping the environment, all while having fun! The book will launch on May 9.
- Dreams have been an undervalued yet ever-present wellspring of inspiration and creativity, especially for writers. Author Tzivia Gover, a leading voice in the field of dreamwork, has published a new book, Dreaming on the Page: Tap into your midnight mind to supercharge your writing, which offers readers a unique method for accessing our naturally generous and creative dreaming mind, whether we remember our dreams or not.“Dreams serve the writer, and when we write them down, we give new life to the dreams that have been living inside of us—eager to guide and inspire us—all along,” Tzivia says. “In my new book, I make these connections explicit and show readers what I have intuitively known for years: that dreams and writing are perfect bedfellows, and that by honoring both, we can live more fully connected and harmonious lives.”Dreaming on the Page also offers an effective outlet for anyone suffering from stress and anxiety to transform these troubling emotions through creativity using dreams as the catalyst. “I started writing this book before the pandemic, but with each churn of the news cycle, and each crisis we faced collectively during lockdown, I believed more and more that we need effective ways to engage with our stories. Personally, and in community, dreams and writing can help us make meaning from the lives we are living. Dreaming on the Page offers a way to do just that,” says Tzivia.The book offers readers prompts, journaling tips, and exercises based on the psychology, science, and spirituality of dreaming to make the inner muse accessible to everyone who has a story to tell or a poem to write. Tzivia divides the book into three parts.Part One provides an overview of dreams, how to capture them on paper, and how to create a Dreaming on the Page daily practice that includes creating rituals for sleep, dreams, and journaling.Part Two, The Generative Dream provides exercises to jump-start your writing, and is packed with exercises and prompts inspired by dreams to get your writing started.Part Three discusses getting published and creating community and connections through dreamwork and writing.Readers will discover how to:•Turn your dreams into poems and stories•Supercharge your poetry and prose•Blast through writer’s block•Use brain science to help harness your creative powers•Have an endless supply of rich writing promptsAs we start a new year, Dreaming on the Page is the perfect book to help guide us to our goals. Whether it is to finish a novel, deal with stress and anxiety, or to follow thoughts in a journal to see where they lead, Dreaming on the Page will provide ideas to support our intentions. So, pick up your pen and get ready to dream.“Everybody dreams. And everybody has a story to tell.” – Tzivia GoverABOUT THE AUTHOR:Tzivia Gover is an author, educator, and motivational speaker specializing in empowering people through everyday mindfulness, dreamwork, and writing. Using a unique blend of dreamwork and mindfulness-based practices, Tzivia awakens people to the extraordinary joy, beauty, and wisdom hidden within the ordinary moments of daily life. She has led events at the Esalen Institute, Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, the New York Open Center, and a variety of conferences, colleges and universities, among many others.Tzivia is the author of several books including Joy in Every Moment and The Mindful Way to a Good Night’s Sleep. She is a certified dreamwork professional, a member of the International Association for the Study of Dreams, and has served as the education director for the Institute for Dream Studies. She has her MFA in writing from Columbia University, and is a certified Proprioceptive Writing instructor and Reiki Master. She lives in Western Massachusetts. For more information visit her website www.TziviaGover.com.
#1 selling brand of Turmeric and CoQ10 supplements1 partners with celebrity brand ambassador
Qunol, a wellness brand offering a rich selection of nutritional supplements, announces their partnership with legendary skateboarder and entrepreneur Tony Hawk as the brand’s newest ambassador starting January 1, 2023. Hawk was originally introduced to the brand when his doctor suggested taking CoQ10 to pair with his statin medication. Hawk tried other CoQ10 brands but settled on Qunol with its Ultra CoQ10 that offers 3x better absorption than regular2 CoQ10. “I take a statin every day to manage my high cholesterol, but statins can deplete my CoQ10 levels, so my doctor recommended taking a CoQ10 supplement. I choose Qunol because it has the #1 cardiologist recommended form3 of CoQ104” says Hawk.
Hawk began to dive deeper into Qunol’s variety of supplements, one of his favorites being Turmeric. He has been doing extreme sports like skating, surfing and snowboarding for most of his life. It’s no surprise Hawk’s highly active lifestyle has taken a toll on his body, and this partnership supports Qunol in its mission to provide overall well-being and transformation for all individuals and focus on bringing health and wellness to the forefront of their lives. Hawk’s holistic approach to wellness aligns with the beliefs and benefits of Qunol with their clean and nourishing supplements, including gluten free, vegan, and vegetarian options. Turmeric Gummies are a personal favorite of Hawk’s, “Skating for over 45 years has obviously taken a toll on my body. I take turmeric to help with healthy joints and inflammation support. I enjoy the Qunol Turmeric gummies which have superior absorption compared to regular5 turmeric. They taste great and are helpful to my recovery after a heavy skate session” says Hawk.
Qunol strives to provide the highest quality supplements, and many Qunol products are designed with a unique formula that delivers higher absorption than regular supplements. Because of this, Qunol supplements allow your digestive system to better absorb the nutrients to help you get the full benefits. Their Ultra CoQ10 is 3x higher absorption than regular2 CoQ10 and their extra strength turmeric have ultra-high absorption compared to regular5 turmeric. Their most recent launch adds high absorption magnesium to their portfolio. Qunol firmly believes it’s not what you take, its what you absorb that matters!
First launched in 2006 with a single product of liquid CoQ10, the brand now has an expansive line of CoQ10, Turmeric, Magnesium, and Sleep products that come in a variety of forms including liquids, capsules, soft gels, and gummies. Qunol is the #1 selling brand of both Turmeric and CoQ10 supplements in the US1. While CoQ10 supports heart and vascular health as well as energy production, Turmeric boasts anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, improves skin health, and can help reduce temporary inflammation. Magnesium promotes bone, nerve, and muscle health, while Sleep Support helps you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer so you can wake up refreshed.
Qunol is available in a wide variety of major retailers including Walmart, Costco, Amazon, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, BJs, Sam’s Club and more as well as direct to consumer at www.qunol.com.
New year, new pantry? Clear out the clutter and stock your shelves with a colorful lineup of cleaned-up condiments, dressings, sauces, and more from Primal Kitchen. Your taste buds (and your 2023 goal list) will thank you.
This is my Primal Kitchen Holiday Box, go with me and see what’s inside.
Creamy, zesty and delicious, the new Primal Kitchen® Plant-Based Caesar dressing reigns with delicious flavor and high-quality ingredients like avocado oil, organic apple cider vinegar, organic coconut aminos and organic herbs and spices. This vegan and Whole30 Approved® caesar dressing is perfect for drizzling classic romaine salads, tossing roasted vegetables or dipping crudité.
Ranch and buffalo lovers will rejoice with our latest dressing drop. Primal Kitchen Buffalo Ranch Dressing is made with avocado oil and high-quality ingredients with no dairy, sugar*, gluten, soy or canola in sight. Dunk homemade sweet potato fries, dip chicken tenders or drizzle on your favorite salad for a zesty, no dairy dressing delight.
Enjoy the same extra creamy, classic, cheesy goodness of mac & cheese, broccoli cheddar, and loaded baked potatoes with the new PRIMAL KITCHEN® No Dairy Cheddar Cheez-Style Sauce. Avocado oil and simple, high-quality ingredients combine for a velvety vegan cheez style sauce that is keto and paleo, Whole30 Approved and contains no dairy, gluten, soy or canola oil, just the good stuff.
Feeling spicy? Take a dip! Primal Kitchen is heating up the chip aisle with No-Dairy Spicy Queso-Style Plant-Based Dip! Vegan, sugar-free, and made with creamy pumpkin seed butter, this medium-heat, no-dairy, cheesy dipper is the newest snacking sensation.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with cinnamon: PRIMAL KITCHEN® COLLAGEN FUEL® Drink Mix now comes in Snickerdoodle! Made with creamy coconut milk powder and vanilla extract, it’s like we compressed a batch of these deliciously decadent cookies into every scoop of this Keto Certified and Paleo Friendly powder. Each serving contains 11g of type 1 and 3 collagen to support hair, skin, and nails, and blends beautifully into smoothies, stirs into scrumptious shakes, or couples well with coffee.“Olive” at first sight! Add the PRIMAL KITCHEN™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil to your cooking collection of favorite fats. It’s Whole30 Approved®, Certified Paleo, Keto Certified, and Certified Organic. Non-GMO Project Verified and NAOOA Certified for quality and purity, the Primal Kitchen variety is an easy, high-quality companion for all your cooking. Drizzle, sizzle, dunk, and dress!This decadent favorite is made without dairy, soy or canola for real food flavor. Top Eggs Florentine, drizzle on asparagus or add a dollop to poached salmon. My favorite recipe with this Hollandaise sauce. Intensely satisfying to savor on a lazy Sunday morning after half-finishing the weekend crossword, this keto eggs benedict eases you into the day of rest without any anxiety over a broken homemade hollandaise sauce. Primal Kitchen’s keto-friendly, no dairy Hollandaise Sauce brings ready-made ease to your breezy brunch.
- Warm the hollandaise sauce in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm the slices of ham for about 3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized pot over medium heat, bring three inches of water to a simmer. Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to the water.
- Crack 1 egg into a small bowl. Lower the bowl gently into the simmering water. Use the same bowl to crack the other egg—lower the other egg in the simmering water.
- Set a timer for 3 minutes. When the time is up, use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs. Place a clean kitchen towel underneath the slotted spoon to catch any excess water.
- Place the poached eggs on top of the ham slices. Spoon the warmed hollandaise sauce gently on top of the poached eggs. Sprinkle the eggs with paprika and chopped chives.
- Serve the keto eggs benedict with slices of avocado on the side.
- New year, new start. A new skincare routine that brings your skin to the next level. Craft a Fresh Start skincare set from Pili Ani helps you to set up this new skincare routine that you will thank yourself everyday!Nowadays, sleep is a luxury. But who says it has to be expensive? With Pili Ani Night Essentials Set – Craft Sweet Dreams, you can give the gift of a good night’s sleep to family and friends in the beginning of the new year.Beloved in the Philippines and internationally, both of these sets contain the brand’s hero ingredient, elemi oil, which is known for its ability to detoxify skin. The oil, which is derived from the sap of the bark of Philippines-native pili trees, is scientifically proven to help stimulate circulation, flush out harmful toxins and impurities and help to prevent breakouts, irregular pigmentation, and dull skin.“In the Philippines, Elemi oil is known as affordable frankincense due to its firming and antibacterial properties,” said Rosalina Tan, Co-Founder. “As the first beauty brand in the world to use elemi oil in our products, we’re excited to continue bringing the ingredient, which is our country’s best kept secret, to the rest of the world with the launch of this skincare in the United States.”
The plant-based, Gentle Facial Cleanser, cleans and moisturizes complexions and keeps skin hydrated. It is gentle and mild on the skin due to its low pH level, which is between 5.0 – 6.0. The Purifying Toner leaves complexions purified without a dry feeling, as it is primarily composed of aloe vera, in addition to elemi oil to help refine the skin’s texture and balance its natural oils.Both the Gentle Facial Cleanser and the Purifying Toner are 100% natural, dermatologist-tested and formulated using hypoallergenic ingredients. Tone without the sting using Pili Ani plant-based, aloe vera-infused Toner. Formulated with Elemi Oil, it’s naturally antibacterial and skin-balancing, making sure your skin is clean and fresh while retaining its moisture barrier. This is the second step to your fuss-free skin prep, starting with our Gentle Facial Cleanser.Lips are better with butter. Infused with Elemi Oil and made with Pili Ani proprietary Pili Butter formula, this clear Lip Butter in Mint will give you more moisturized lips in just 3 days. Plus points: It doesn’t contain menthol, so it’s perfect for sensitive lips!
- Gentle Facial Cleanser 20ml
- Purifying Toner 20ml
- Moisturizing Tinted Pili Lip Butter 3.5g
- Self-care Night Recovery Oil 15ml
- Moisturizing Pili Lip Butter 3.5g in Mint
- Essential Oil Blends 6ml in Sweet Dreams
Self-care Night Recovery Oil (SCNRO) contains the highest concentration of antioxidant-rich and ultra-hydrating Pili Oil in the entire Pili Ani skincare line. This PM face oil with soothing botanicals minimizes breakouts and neutralizes redness while brightening and moisturizing the skin. Wake up to a calm, dewy, rejuvenated complexion. In the daytime, replace SCNRO with our Ageless Concentrate as your AM face oil.
Lips are better with butter. Infused with Elemi Oil and made with proprietary Pili Butter formula, this clear Lip Butter in Mint will give you more moisturized lips in just 3 days. Plus points: It doesn’t contain menthol, so it’s perfect for sensitive lips!
Ready-to-use Pili- and Elemi-infused blends in convenient roller bottle for a cozy mood and moment. Enjoy a restorative night with Sweet Dreams.About Pili Ani:Finding natural skincare products that are good for you and good for the planet just got a whole lot easier. Crafted for beauty and sustainably sourced, Pili Ani products support the lives of Filipino farmers, as well as the sustainable and organic practices that keep their Pili farms thriving. Pili Ani’s products’ hero ingredients are Pili oil and Elemi oil, which bring people their heathiest, most beautiful skin. The oils comes from the pili tree, which is indigenous to the Bicol region of the Philippines.
This cast iron skillet cookie recipe is a soft and warm recreation of your favorite restaurant dessert. You’ll have the whole table asking for more when you whip up this gluten free snickerdoodle cookie topped with keto vanilla ice cream. A scoop of Primal Kitchen Snickerdoodle Collagen Fuel adds that delicious snickerdoodle flavor, plus 11g of collagen peptides.
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- ⅓ cup Primal Kitchen Snickerdoodle Collagen Fuel
- ⅓ Cup Granulated Monk Fruit
- 1 Egg
- 1 ½ Cups Almond Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Cream of Tartar
- Additional Granulated Monk Fruit
- Ground Cinnamon
- Keto Vanilla Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Caramel Sauce
- Combine butter, collagen and ⅓ cup monk fruit in a food processor and blend. Add egg and combine. Add almond flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar and combine.
- On a plate, add additional granulated monk fruit and cinnamon. Mix with a fork and then roll dough from food processor in the cinnamon mixture until coated.
- Grease cast iron skillet with butter and add dough, forming it to the skillet. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Top with ice cream and caramel sauce, and enjoy!
OMG, what’s that amazing smell? 🍪☕️ Make your post-holidays still merry and bright with Primal Kitchen’s limited-time Snickerdoodle Collagen, available only while supplies last. Like Santa up the chimney, it’ll be gone in a flash! Try this recipe – Keto Snickerdoodle Caramel Coffee with Collagen!
- 6 ounces water
- 2 Tbsp coffee grounds (This recipe used Dope Coffee)
- 1/4 cup (2.16 ounces) milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream or coconut cream
- 1 scoop Primal Kitchen Snickerdoodle Collagen Fuel
- 2 Tbsp keto caramel*
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon stick, if desired
*Make your own keto caramel, or use a store-bought one.
- Use a 10- to 12-ounce mug for this recipe.
- You’ll need a stand mixer or handheld beaters to whip the cream.
- You’ll need a mason jar a French Press to steam the milk.
- Prepare coffee in a coffee maker, French press, or pour over coffee maker. While the coffee is brewing, steam the milk, and whip the cream.
To make whipped cream:
- Pour cream into stand mixer metal bowl fitted with the wire whisk attachment, or into a metal bowl with handheld beater whisks inserted into the cream.
- Turn the mixer to medium speed.
- Whip air into cream for about 3 minutes.
To make steamed milk:
- Mason jar + microwave method: Pour milk into a small mason jar, then screw the lid on tightly. Shake the jar (show it who’s boss) until the milk is frothy. Remove the lid and microwave the milk on medium-high power for 30 seconds. Remove milk and stir. Heat for another 15 seconds, then stir.
- French Press method: Heat milk either in the microwave or on the stove (140ºF is the right temperature, in case you’re measuring). Pour milk into a clean French Press and push plunger up and down repeatedly until the milk doubles in volume.
To assemble the coffee drink:
- Add 1 scoop of Primal Kitchen Snickerdoodle Collagen Fuel to the bottom of your large mug.
- Pour the hot coffee on top of the collagen.
- Use a fork to whisk the collagen into the coffee until well combined. Pour the steamed milk over the coffee.
- Top with whipped cream and keto caramel. Dust with ground cinnamon, and add a cinnamon stick, if desired.
This keto-friendly coffee drink delivers all of this. It blends your milk of choice, steamed, with hot drip coffee swirled with Primal Kitchen Snickerdoodle Collagen Fuel for a burst of cinnamon-sugar flavor. Top with real whipped cream, or coconut cream if you can’t tolerate dairy, a couple pinches of ground cinnamon, and a swirl of keto-friendly caramel. This Keto Snickerdoodle Caramel Coffee perches the angel and the devil on your shoulders, only for once they’re in silent agreement that you should sip and savor this fancy, seductive coffee drink in peace.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with cinnamon: PRIMAL KITCHEN® COLLAGEN FUEL® Drink Mix now comes in Snickerdoodle! Made with creamy coconut milk powder and vanilla extract, it’s like Primal Kitchen compressed a batch of these deliciously decadent cookies into every scoop of this Keto Certified and Paleo Friendly powder. Each serving contains 11g of type 1 and 3 collagen to support hair, skin, and nails, and blends beautifully into smoothies, stirs into scrumptious shakes, or couples well with coffee.
Mark Sisson started Primal Kitchen with a simple mission: to change the way the world eats. Our life and our overall wellness are defined by the thousands of choices we make for ourselves and for our families every day, and choosing real food and investing in your health can lead to a more empowered you. Primal Kitchen condiments and sauces are made with high-quality ingredients that make mealtime easy and delicious, so you can get the most out of life.