Being a woman who has always dealt with eczema and dry skin, you can imagine the stress my skin experienced when I moved to desert hot & dry Las Vegas NV from hot & humid Orlando, Florida. As much as I love living in the dry heat, I have to admit that the first year was a bit frustrating when it came to finding skincare products that worked for me and my skincare needs.
After purchasing and experiencing with countless unsuccessful products I thought, “what did I use as a kid”? Dove, duh!
Dove is such a classic brand. I already use the deodorant, why didn’t I think of using the body soap too? Sometimes you just have to get back to the basics.
I normally use the regular Dove body wash, but recently I was given the opportunity to try the New Dove Shower Foam (Deep Moisture & Cucumber Green Tea). Being a fan of foam soaps, I was not disappointed!
What I like about Dove Shower Foam:
– The light foaming texture
– It easily rinses off
– After my shower, my skin feels soft and moisturized. NOT tight and dry
– I like that the fresh light clean scent stays with me for few hours after showering.
**Note: I experienced this more with the Deep Moisture Dove vs. Cucumber Green Tea Scent.
– Of course, the price is great too!
Dove Shower Foam
Available in a 13.5 fl oz pump
Cucumber & Green Tea Scent
Shea Butter with Warm Vanilla
I got a fun mailer today from Dove! It’s all about the light and airy feel. Skipping spring and heading straight to summer, it is so important to have a moisturizing body wash to combat the Las Vegas dryness. I got a huge box from Dove today that contained a sample of the new Shower Foam, a secret Snapchat filter and a helium balloon!
This is the first time Cami has ever seen a balloon in her life so I let her play around with it! She had a ton of fun. There are lenticular clouds today in Las Vegas (They are really cool) and it was the perfect day to get into the light and foamy feel. Can’t wait to try the Dove Shower Foam tomorrow first thing in the morning in the shower!
As the brand’s first foaming body wash, Dove Shower Foam transforms into an instant lather that rinses quickly and provides the light feel you want, with the care skin needs. The weightless formula combines our signature NutriumMoisture technology and gentlest cleansers, leaving skin feeling soft and smooth.
About NEW Dove Shower Foam Dove Shower Foam is a new way to cleanse skin in the shower from Dove for the light feel you want, with the care skin needs Dove has a 60 year heritage in skin cleansing and is now giving women more body wash options that provide the care skin needs. New Dove Shower Foam is the first caring, foam body wash from Dove that leaves skin feeling soft and smooth.
- With the simple press of a pump, the lightweight foam is released for easy application by hand.
- The foam rinses quickly, leaving skin feeling clean and smooth. The weightless formula combines our unique NutriumMoisture technology (our nourishing complex made up of skin natural lipids and moisturizers) with our gentlest cleansers, traditionally used in facial cleansers, to provide the care you love from Dove in a foaming format for the first time.
- Dove with NutriumMoisture™ technology deposits skin-natural nourishment deep* into the surface layers of the skin supporting the skin’s efforts to maintain the hydration needed for skin that looks and feels healthier.
Be sure to check Snapchat on Feb. 22nd for more exciting things from Dove!
Whether it’s commenting on her hairstyle as she does a difficult flip or suggesting that she buy a better sports bra as she sends a 123mph serve – sexism in sports has become far too common place over the past few weeks. Media commentary that belittles a female athlete’s appearance or objectifies her is becoming a serious issue not only for female athletes, but the next generation of girls.
To challenge this sexist commentary, Dove launched a new digital animated billboard in Times Square (46th & Broadway) to empower everyone to hold the media accountable for how they report on female athletes. Too often, media commentary references a woman’s appearance in a way that diminishes her accomplishments and chips away at her confidence and holds her back. Reports indicate that 64% of female athletes featured in the media are shown in passive poses (i.e. glamour and sexualized shots) while men are portrayed in action-oriented imagery emphasizing their skill in their respective sport athletic forms.
o Features real key phrases pulled from the media regularly; each key phrase is attributed to the news channel it came from, along with when it was mentioned
o As the comments appear, viewers will watch female athletes disappear before their eyes as the media comments obscure their bodies symbolizing how we lose sight of the whole person when we focus only on appearance
o When the media only sees a female athletes looks, we don’t see her at all
In addition to launching in Times Square, the animated billboards are live throughout the summer in Los Angeles and Toronto.
Dove Hair was thrilled to announce the launch of #LoveYourHair, a new mission to broaden the definition of beautiful hair by celebrating all hair [types, textures, styles, colors] and inspiring real women to do the same.
View the film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeJVNum2zwY&feature=youtu.be
The campaign challenges the fact that women are consistently faced with a narrow depiction of what ‘beautiful hair’ is supposed to look like – below and linked here are the actual search results for beautiful hair. This homogenous depiction, on top of the rules and norms women are bombarded with (you shouldn’t have long hair past a certain age, curly hair isn’t professional, short hair isn’t feminine, Asian women shouldn’t have blonde hair, etc.) cause them to internalize a lot of pressure when it comes to their hair. In fact, 86% of US women believe that media and society put a lot of pressure on women to have hair that looks a certain way.
Select Research Stats:
- Most women (81%) feel that the hair we see in advertisements and in the media makes women in general feel bad about the hair they have
- Only 11% of women love everything about their hair and wouldn’t change anything about it
- 90% of women agree that they need to embrace their own hair and stop comparing themselves to others
- 3 in 4 women believe they would have greater self-confidence if they didn’t feel that they were being judged by their hair
- Elizabeth Benedict, New York Times bestselling author and the editor of “Me, My Hair and I”
- Sable Yong, Freelance Beauty Editor and one of the real women in the Dove Love Your Hair film
- Mark Townsend, Dove Hair Celebrity Stylist
- Cynthia Alvarez, Curl Expert and Celebrity Stylist
- Christina Brown, blogger behind LoveBrownSugar.com
- Rob Candelino, Unilever VP of Marketing and General Manager of Hair Care
Just in time for Mother’s Day, Dove has transformed its iconic Beauty Bar for the first time in nearly 60 years to celebrate the women in our lives. For a limited time, the words love, real, kind or care will be engraved into the Dove Beauty Bar so that you can honor a woman who has made an impact on your life. Additionally, Dove is launching limited edition packaging on select body wash, hair products and deodorant featuring inspirational quotes from real women.
“My mother always told me I was smart, funny and beautiful…in that order. And I say the same thing to my daughter every day.” – Tara R., Chicago, IL
“If your definition of ‘beauty’ doesn’t include you, rewrite it.” – Caitlin K., West Roxbury, MA
We often underestimate the potential of our words to make a positive impression on the women in our lives. Dove invites women to exchange these words with a special woman in their life as an expression of the bond they share this May.
NEW Limited Edition Engraved White Beauty Bar
– Only Dove uses the gentlest cleansers to reveal beautiful, radiant skin
– Contains DEFI technology, a unique blend of cleansers and moisturizers and leaves skin soft and smooth – proving to be less irritating than soap
– Replenishes nutrients lost during cleansing and helps skin to feel more firm and elastic compared to ordinary soap
– Renowned for its signature ¼ moisturizing cream
– Contains natural skin lipids that deposit onto skin
– Leaves skin soft and smooth
– 6 bars / SRP $8.39; 8 bars / SRP $10.49; 14 bars / SRP $14.49 (at clubs); 16 bars / SRP $15.99 (at clubs)
NEW Limited Edition Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash*
– Mild body wash formula has even more of the brand’s gentlest cleansers, Glycinate and DEFI, combined with NutriumMoisture™ technology
– Improved later rinses cleanly and quickly
– Provides softer, smoother skin after one shower
– Ideal for dry skin
– 22 fl. oz. / SRP $6.99
*Also available: NEW Limited Edition Dove Sensitive Skin Nourishing Body Wash and NEW Limited Edition Dove go fresh Body Wash, Cool Moisture in Cool Moisture and Sensitive Skin
NEW Limited Edition Dove Daily Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner*
– Contains Pro-Moisture Complex:
o Infused with a blend of essential amino acids naturally present in hair
o Penetrated hair to help replenish lost proteins, depositing where hair is damaged most
– Hair is silky to touch and easy to manage every day
– Does not weigh hair down with excess residue
– Provides up to 5x smoother* hair
– 12 fl. oz. / SRP $3.49 each; 25.4 fl. oz. / SRP $5.87 each
*Also available: NEW Limited Edition Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo & Conditioner
** Dove Daily Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner system vs. non-conditioning shampoo.
NEW Limited Edition Dove Advanced Care Deodorant, Original Clean*
– A light, clean fragrance
– Offers 48-hour odor and wetness protection plus the added skin care benefits of NutriumMoisture™.
– Provides softer, smoother skin in just three days
– 2.6 oz. / SRP $4.99 – $8.48
Introducing the breakthrough New Dove Dry Oil Moisture Body Wash and Beauty Bar – the latest addition to the Dove skincare line. Infused with Moroccan Argan Oil, Dove Dry Oil is specifically formulated to address one of real women’s biggest skin concerns – dry skin.
The Dove Dry Oil Moisture Body Wash and Beauty Bar feature soothing, warm notes to transform your shower experience into an exotic escape. Senses are treated to evocative fragrances of Amber and Oriental notes complemented by gourmand-creamy accents for a lush and luxurious experience.
New Dove Dry Oil Moisture Body Wash $6.99
- Replenishes 12* more skin natural nutrients than competitors and protects skin from dryness
- Features a specially designed formula with a blend of Moroccan Argan Oil beads leaving dry skin softer and smoother after just one wash
- Takes a dual approach to healthy skin by maintaining and nourishing skin’s protective layer during cleansing
- Standard non-moisturizing body washes may use cleansers that strip the skin of essential nutrients
- Other body washes add moisture to the top layer of skin after it has been stripped of essential lipids and proteins during the cleansing process
- Only Dove uses NutriumMoisture, which can penetrate surface skin up to 10 layers deep
New Dove Dry Oil Beauty Bar 2pack/ $3.79
- Dry skin needs a special kind of care. No other bar hydrates skin better than Dove
- With a 1/4 moisturizing cream and Moroccan Argan Oil, the Dove Dry Oil Beauty Bar gently cleanses and cares for your skin, leaving it soft and smooth
- Dove is not a soap. It is a beauty bar and does not dry your skin like ordinary soap