The rainy day essential accessory for your handbag, My Dear Rain made their NYFW debut this week as part of FTL MODA’s runway spectacular. My Dear Rain accompanied six international designers at the historic Angel Orensanz Foundation for a compelling intermission presentation.
The designer, Daniela Ramirez was inspired to create this line of waterproof handbag protectors after a vacation to the Gold Coast went a little wetter than expected. When rain unleashed in this always-sunny destination, Ramirez was forced to use her designer handbag as shelter whilst dashing to her cab. Even with the assistance of an umbrella, women are forced to leave their valuable handbags unshielded from the storm. My Dear Rain’s waterproof handbag ponchos were fashioned to safeguard and prolong the life of handbags of any size and price tag.
Guests were transported this NYFW to a stormy setting for intermission at FTL MODA’s FW 2016 Runway. Haunting sounds of rolling thunder and torrential rain engulfed the space. Attendees were mesmerized as all eyes drew to the five models who paraded out to the main runway soaked from head to toe. With trickling eye makeup and terrorized umbrellas in tow, each model carried her handbag safely under a My Dear Rain poncho.
FTL MODA’s organizer referred to My Dean Rain’s presentation as the highlight of the show for many of the guests. Standout feedback also came from the producers at Fashion Week Online and reporters at People Magazine.
My Dear Rain is a line of wet weather handbag protectors made of completely waterproof materials. These one-size-fits-most handbag ponchos are the ideal solution to protect your handbags from the weather while making a fashion statement at the same time. Blending fashion and fun, Dear Rain includes a note to the rain, reminding it that the days when it could damage your handbags are long gone. Its transparent material allows you to show your beautiful handbag continually whilst keeping it safe and dry. My Dear Rain’s line is proudly made in the USA and retails for 25USD.
As you may have heard, Ford just announced that it is entering the next phase of its Smart Mobility plan. With this milestone, Ford will begin to put key learnings from initial research experiments into action–from on-demand ride-sharing services to bicycles sensors and data-driven insurance–honing in on two strategic areas: flexible use and ownership of vehicles, as well as multimodal urban travel solutions.
Flexible Use & Ownership
- Launched today, Ford Motor Credit Company’s new Peer-2-Peer Car Sharing pilot program offers drivers a new solution to offset vehicle ownership costs by renting their Ford Credit-financed vehicles to prescreened drivers for short-term use. Through the program, 14,000 and 12,000 customers in six U.S. cities and London, respectively, are invited to sign up through Getaround in the U.S. and easyCar Club in London.
- Ford also recently announced GoDrive, an on-demand public car-sharing pilot program aimed to offer customers flexible, practical and affordable access to a fleet of cars for one-way journeys with easy parking throughout London.
Multimodal Mobility Solutions
- Ford is expanding its multimodal mobility experimentation by introducing a new electric bike concept and a prototype smartwatch app that will make it even easier for commuters to use the eBike.
- Following the release of MoDe: Me and MoDe: Pro eBikes, MoDe: Flex is the company’s third, most versatile eBike that is easily reconfigurable for different customer needs.
- A new extension of MoDe: Link for smartwatch devices brings all of the real-time data and functionality to the eBike rider’s wrist.
Turkish company Pugedon has found a way to lend a helping paw to dogs and humans alike! The strays of Istanbul (who rely on locals to feed them) have a steady source of food thanks to a new “vending machine” that releases food and water in exchange for people’s recyclable bottles. The cost of the food is covered by recycling the bottles, pups are fed, and people are encouraged to do their part to help the environment. All in all, a pawsome win-win situation!
I got 10 Tide Pods to try out this week and the fresh scent has me sniffing all my clothes over and lover! It is easy to use with perfect proportions with no mess, no dripping, no measuring! All you do is throw the clothes in and then the pod. Easy peezy!
Minimum effort, maximum results
Gadgets are awesome! I got the Restring It package last week and put it to the test. Lucky for me, I had a pair of sweatpants that always loses the drawstring in the wash.
This tool has and end to grab the string and a long flexible body and then another long needle at the other end. Works like a charm is and is the newest member of my laundry room staples!
It is being called “the best thing since the dawn of the safety pin.” Re-String It solves drawstring woes in seconds. It is available for under $15 online on their website, Amazon, in over 360 “Play It Again Sports” stores, and now QVC just picked it up for their Sprout Campaign in September. It was recently featured on a television newscast in the Carolinas in a segment called “Why Didn’t I Think of That!”
Find out more on http://www.re-stringit.com