- November is World Vegan Month and with LAVANILA you achieved a healthy, cruelty-free beauty routine – nothing more, nothing less.These bestselling products from LAVANILA are 100% healthy and 100% vegan:Handcrafted by master natural perfumers, The Healthy Fragrance is a unique collection of perfumes infused with organic sugar cane alcohol, natural botanical extracts, and pure essential oils that are sensitive on sensitive skin. Unlike other fragrances on the market, the Healthy Fragranceis free of drying alcohol, petrochemicals and phthalates.Available in six invigorating scents: Vanilla Passion Fruit, Vanilla Grapefruit, Vanilla Coconut, Fresh Vanilla Lemon, Vanilla Summer, and Pure Vanilla.($58 each)Made with breakthrough natural technology and packed with pure essential oils and antioxidants, The Healthy Deodorant is a powerful natural deodorant that delivers superior odor protection and vitamin-rich nourishment without the use of commonly feared harsh chemicals and parabens.Available in six scents: Vanilla Passion Fruit, Vanilla Lavender, Vanilla Grapefruit, Vanilla Coconut, Fresh Vanilla Lemon, Vanilla Blackberry, and Pure Vanilla. ($14 each)
Guest post by Shannon McNeal
it Cosmetics is living up to their hype! it Cosmetics is different from other brands because it makes sure their products don’t harm your skin. They also don’t harm animals! Yes, it Cosmetics is a cruelty-free beauty brand that works with plastic surgeons to benefit your skin.
I had the opportunity to try out many samples including Bye Bye Lines Foundation, Your Skin But Better CC+ Powder, Confidence in Your Glow 3-in-1 (bronzer, highlighter, and blush), and the Bye Bye Breakout Concealer.
With it Cosmetics’s Bye Bye Lines Foundation, you get 100% coverage with a little portion. When I used the foundation, it only took me three squirts to cover my entire face. Your face feels very light with the coverage as well. No cake-y feeling! This foundation is an invisible coverage promoting anti-aging, smooth-feeling skin.
After I used the foundation, I turned to the Your Skin But Better CC+ Powder as a finishing veil. With the 50+ SPF, it controls the look. By that, I mean there’s no oily finish when in hot, humid weather conditions.
The Confidence in Your Glow 3-in-1 is used for contouring your makeup layout. I tested the highlight on a relative’s skin as well as my own and there is no difference in clarity on both of our skin tones (I’m more on the darker side). Because of this, I can vouch for darker skin tones with it Cosmetics.
Anyway, darker skin-toned people tend not to use blush so this was also tested on my relative and it’s a perfect ratio of pink to red without looking like you just got done filming a movie scene!
Last, not least, the Bye Bye Breakout Concealer is for last minute use. When I realize I miss a spot on my face, this little tube comes a long way. The best part about this concealer is the fact that it targets oily/acne prone skin.
Throughout this whole process, my face never felt heavy or dirty. It will give you a professionally clean look. I recommend trying this beauty line. Your skin will thank you.
There are so many great things about summer, but one thing I can completely live without is the damage it does to your skin. Everything from the sun burns to the excessive sweating makes it hard to keep your traditional skincare routine during this time of year. It is important to tweak your skincare routines in the summer to meet your needs. Here’s a list of the best beauty products to try this summer!
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Lotion – SPF 100
This sunscreen offers the highest combined UVA/UVB protection, and is proven to protect skin from over 99% sunburn damage. Plus, with an unbeatable PFA, nothing provides better UVA protection. Infused with a light, fresh scent, this elegant formulation is fast-absorbing, non-whitening, water resistant and lightweight. Neutrogena’s Dry-Touch technology provides an ultra-light, non-shiny finish and leaves skin soft and smooth.
Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea
An invigorating mist formulated with an infusion of nutrient-rich botanicals and cucumber essential water to revive dull, tired skin. Aloe vera and cucumber – both rich in essential vitamins and minerals – deliver a cooling boost of hydration as green tea provides powerful antioxidant protection. Skin is left feeling refreshed and revitalized.
Get the look of an instant all-over vitality-filled glow, plus a boost of brightening and radiant warmth, in one simple step! From the sensorial experience of the fresh orange scent to the powerful vitamin C-infused radiance-boosting and brightening formula, Confidence in Your Glow transforms your complexion with high-performance, anti-aging ingredients and talc-free, ultra-luxe pigments.
Sunscreen Lip Balm SPF30
Sun Bum Lip Balm SPF 30 protects your lips from sun and wind damage. Aloe vera soothes dry, chapped lips while cocoa butter softens, repairs and enhances skin renewal. Use over bare lips or under your favorite lip color for added skin protection.
A 5-minute dual-action detoxifying and exfoliating clay mask. Appropriate for all skin types.
Purifies and polishes skin for a delightful deep-clean treatment. Natural bamboo charcoal and kaolin clay help remove pollution and impurities, while natural silica beads gently refine texture.
This ultra facial cream helps reduce moisture loss while drawing and absorbing moisture from the air. It is the best you are constantly sweating. With continuous moisture replenishment throughout the day, leaves skin smooth, soft and healthy-looking.
This multitasking BB water with SPF 30 is an ultra-hydrating and oil-free formula that creates a sheer, radiant finish that lasts all day. It delivers a demi-matte complexion that’s never flat, creating a natural-looking canvas, and it minimizes the look of fine lines, pores, and blemishes. This unique BB water allows you to build coverage and does not cause any drying, cracking, or caking during wear.
All that glitters is gold (and silver and copper!) with the introduction of The Metallist from Korean color cosmetic powerhouse, touch in SOL. Designed to gild eyes in metallic and jewel-toned hues, Metallist features a two-in-one superfine liquid foil cream shadow and chunky glitter shadow to bestow long-lasting, eye-popping color.
Combining crease-proof liquid metal pigment with show-stopping glitter, Metallist offers bold, buildable color that stays put all-day. Worn all-over the lid or simply along the lashline for a more subtle finish, each element of the Metallist can be worn separately or combined to put the spotlight on eyes.
– Margaret, a rose-gold champagne with gold mica shimmer
– Eldora, a golden cocoa
– Talia, an icy-silvery gold pyrite
– Adelio, a radiant burgundy with crimson foil
– Lottie, a deep, smoky plum
How to wear:
Wear each step alone or combine for a high-impact metallic finish.
– Step 1: Superfine Liquid Foil Cream Shadow. Apply the long-lasting, budge-proof cream
shadow to eyelids and along the lash line.
– Step 2: Chunky Glitter Shadow. Gently pat the glitter shadow on top of the cream shadow before it dries to turn up the intensity.
Pro Tip: “Say goodbye to minimalist, this season is all about the shine. After applying the liquid foil cream, apply the chunky glitter by patting it on quickly so it sets with the cream and lasts all day to create the Rebel Eye look. You can also apply the loose glitter in the center of your lips to create a futurist pout,” Resident makeup artist and brand ambassador, LeAura Luciano
Touch in Sol Metallist will retail for $25 each at Sephora and on Sephora.com.
- Sephora was chosen as one of 20 stores around the country to debut the two new exclusivefragrances, Gilded Fox and Wild Child, from the niche perfume brand Pinrose. Starting March 20th, these new perfumes along with 8 of the brand’s signature scents would be available for purchase ($55, 1 fl oz bottle.)The fruity- floral Wild Child is perfect for the fearless, fun and beauty curious. Master perfumer Richard Herpin designed this modern, flirty scent with notes of Gardenia, Jasmine and Plumeria. While the rich yet subtly sweet Gilded Fox captures the essence of a bold, sexy bombshell. Gilded Fox’s elegant and unique blend of chocolate notes shine with a hint of buttered rim and vetiver and imagined by one of Pinrose’s favorite master perfumers, David Apel.Though each scent is delicious on it’s own, they were designed so that they could be layered with the remaining collection of the Pinrose scents.
Like any artist knows, all you need are primary colors and you can make anything you want!
I love the Deep Blue color created! Some inspiration for you … pick up the Primary Pack from OCC at Sephora.com!!