Cannabis has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties. But since the 1970s, production, sale, and consumption have been banned under United States federal law. Nonetheless, cannabis products can now be found in stores across the country. So, what changed? Is THC legal again?
The answer lies in two key compounds found in the cannabis plant: CBD and THC. These two substances have very cannabis plants. But while THC is renowned for its different effects on the human body, and as a result, their legal status has diverged significantly. Here’s a closer look at CBD and THC, how they differ, and their current legal status in the United States.
Cannabis and THC
THC stands for delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol, and is the most commonly associated compound with the cannabis “high.” It is this molecule that causes most of the psychoactive effects. THC is most concentrated in the buds of the marijuana plant; many plants these days even have observable crystals, known as trichomes, sticking to the buds. These trichomes are a good indicator of a bud’s THC content.
CBD is short for cannabidiol, and is the second most abundant cannabinoid found in cannabis. Unlike THC, CBD does not produce any psychoactive effects. In fact, it actually seems to counteract some of the effects of THC. CBD is most concentrated in hemp plants, which contain little to no THC. Because they don’t contain THC, the plants can also be collected and concentrated to provide the many products you can see on the shelves in stores today.
For a long time, any product containing these chemicals was outright illegal. Cannabis as a whole is still a Schedule 1 drug, despite 50 years of legislation pushing against that.
What are all these stores then?
CBD and THC products are now available in many forms, including oils, edibles, tinctures, and topicals. CBD and THC products are legal in many states, but the legal landscape is constantly changing.
The Farm Bill of 2018 made it legal to grow hemp plants with a THC content of less than 0.3%. This has led to a boom in the CBD market, as hemp-derived CBD products can now be legally sold in all 50 states. However, the THC content of CBD products is still regulated by state laws. In many states, only products with a THC content of 0.3% or less are legal. This means that cannabis products with higher THC levels are still illegal in those states.
The next step
However, because of the Farm Bill’s emphasis on restricting high-THC plants, manufacturers have recently been able to concentrate low-THC hemp plants into Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) products with surprisingly “effective” results. These products are now available in many forms, including edibles and tinctures. Even though they are derived from hemp plants with a legal THC content, they still contain enough THC to produce the “high” associated with cannabis use.
CBD and THC products offer many potential health benefits. CBD has been shown to help relieve anxiety, pain, and inflammation. THC has been shown to help relieve pain and nausea.
Summing it up
CBD is non-psychoactive and does not produce the “high” associated with THC. THC is the psychoactive ingredient in cannabis that produces the “high.” The Farm Bill of 2018 made it legal to grow hemp plants with a THC content of less than 0.3%. This led to a boom in the CBD market, as hemp-derived CBD products could be legally sold in all 50 states, instead of just California, Colorado, et al. New developments in THC-9 synthesis make it possible to create products with a legal THC content that are still potent enough to produce the “high” associated with cannabis use.
Sriracha has been growing in popularity as the go-to spicy condiment for quite some time now, and with good reason. It adds a delicious dose of heat to everything from pizza to deviled eggs to Bloody Marys. This versatile sauce is also great for cooking and can help you breathe some fire into even the most exhausted of your tired old recipes. If Sriracha is everywhere nowadays, you should notice another Asian spicy sauce is getting more and more popular. It is gochujang, which origins from Korea and is used in a lot of Korean foods.
No matter sriracha or gochujang, on its own or combined with a few other simple ingredients, they make an excellent marinade. Ditch the barbecue sauce – let some ribs, chicken wings or shrimp soak up its heat and throw them on the grill for a new take on some old favorites. Add it to strips of steak to take your fajita game to the next level. If you don’t eat meat, you can use sriracha or gochujang as a marinade for baked or grilled tofu. Don’t have the time or patience to marinate? Mix some them into shredded chicken for savory sandwiches or add it to ground beef for fiery sloppy joes.
The sweet/heat you’ve come to expect from these two spicy sauce. When classic sriracha meets the fermented complexity of gochujang chili paste. It’ll give you weak knees. Bushwick kitchen brings sriracha and gochujang together, here comes one of my favorite spicy sauce – Gochujang Sriracha.
(I use it as a marinade a lot, it definitely gives meat a hint of delicious spicy and sweet taste.)
Gochujang Sriracha is great on eggs and avocado toast, but there are so many other ways you can put it to use at breakfast and brunch. Add it to waffle batter for a sweet-and-savory treat. Mix it into cream cheese to up your bagel game. Add a little into Hollandaise sauce for killer eggs benedict. Turn your Bloody Mary into an extra-spicy standout at brunch. Like your shakshouka extra spicy? Gochujang Sriracha! A little heat can wake up your senses even better than a cup of coffee (well . . . maybe).
The Super Spicy Bloody Season is coming. Stir your favorite amount of Bushwick Kitchen Gochujang Sriracha into your Bloody this weekend and don’t scrimp on the garnishes. The Weak Knees Gochujang Sriracha gets cranked up for the heat seekers. Here comes the super spicy Gochujang Sriracha, which sriracha plays nice at first, but as the gochujang flavors develop so does the heat from the addition of habañero peppers. Enjoy! Please play with Bushwick Kitchen Gochujang Sriracha sauce and let me know if you create some new and fun recipes.
Imagine enjoying your time outside without sticky bug sprays and lotions. Pang Wangle gives you the elegant solution to biting insects with the Essential Wrap with an Insect Shield bug barrier. EPA approved built-in bug repellent is odorless and lasts 70+ washes. First developed for the U.S. military, the Insect Shield process binds a small amount of permethrin to the clothing fibers and it lasts for more than 70 washes. Its odorless and approved by the EPA for everyone, including infants, children, and pregnant or nursing women.
The Essential Wrap with Insect Shield is perfect for a tropical vacation, garden party, day at the beach, camping or glamping trip – anywhere the bugs will bug you.
The wrap is large – 6 feet long – and drapes effortlessly across your shoulders, around your waist as a sarong, or covering your head and neck. You’ll find many versatile styling options that will add sophistication to any outfit, making the Essential Wrap your new go-to outdoor and travel accessory.
From the all-natural and renewable materials Pang Wangle uses in their fabrics to how those fabrics are made, every decision is guided by their mission to minimize waste and contribute to a healthy and productive environment. Fabric dye colors are processed in a closed loop water system that recycles 100% of the water used in processing. Fabric dyes are non-toxic, water-soluble, and re-enter the public water system without negative environmental impact.Pang Wangle California-based textile manufacturer exceeds all state, regional, national, and international carbon emission standards. The Essential Wrap not only protects you from biting insects, it lets you be part of the solution in reversing the negative impacts of the textile industry on our environment. Pang Wangle invite you to look polished, stay protected, and have fun!
Insect Shield remains fully effective for 70+ washes. Normal home laundering is recommended – it may be bleached, starched, pressed, etc., without effect on the repellent quality. Clothing that’s fashionable and functional? One soft wrap gives you so much to smile about! Pang Wangle best-selling, bug repellent Essential Wrap effortlessly checks all of the boxes. Look sophisticated while staying safe in Pang Wangle versatile, eco-friendly clothing with Insect Shield technology built right in.
- Wedding season is here…and it’s expensive! According to a study from The Knot, 80% of all wedding took place between May and October, combine that with findings noting a major recovery boom for weddings in 2022, and you have a wedding season in full effect! With wedding season, (and honeymoon season) comes tons of expenses… not only for the couple, but for their guests. Qapital, an award-winning financial service app, can help take the stress out of navigating your finances this season!
Qapital helps users take the stress out of money management. Using behavioral science and automation, Qapital supercharge users savings, spending and investing efforts, allowing them to seamlessly hit all their money management goals – like saving for a wedding or a honeymoon!Even better, Qapital newest product, Dream Team, is designed specifically to help couples (or any team) work together to hit shared saving, spending and investing goals. Dream Team allows users to aggregate accounts into a shared dashboard, set up goals, and work together to reach these goals. Plus, there’s in-app communication platforms to remove the stress out of shared money management. One less thing to worry about while planning for your special day!Katherine Salisbury, co-founder and co-CEO of Qapital, has provided tips below:
- Know what makes you happy – Write down what is important to you and what makes you happy. This will help guide your goals and budget. You’ll be better able to make necessary tradeoffs to reach your goals based on what you really want. At Qapital, we think that financial success isn’t about how much money you have, but rather about your confidence and control over it, and your ability to put it toward the things that bring you happiness.
- Create financial goals – Pinpoint your financial goals–like a honeymoon, down payment for a home or whatever you’re saving for–and track your progress to achieve them. At Qapital, we’re all about automating finances to help you reach your goals.
- Set a spending target – Customize a budget that fits your spending habits and income so you can maintain the quality of life you want while avoiding overspending. At Qapital, we designed Spending Sweet Spot to let you customize a budget that fits your spending habits and income. It will automatically send you notifications that keep you updated throughout the week so you always know how you’re doing. You can adjust your budgeted amount at any time so you have the flexibility to learn and grow with your spending habits. You can also rate how your weekly spending made you feel and use that rating to adjust your weekly spending goal until you find the spending amount that makes you happiest—your own Spending Sweet Spot.
- Save automatically – Set up a direct deposit from your paycheck into your goals to have more control over your finances and build up your savings more easily. With Qapital’s Payday Divvy, you can automatically divide up your paycheck the moment you get paid and set aside the right amount for savings, investing and everyday spending. Plus, you can set up automatic-savings rules to boost your goals–like rounding up to the next $2 or $3 every time you make a purchase and saving the change.
- Make saving fun – Set up challenges for yourself, like making Sunday your meal-prep day or canceling one of your subscriptions, and then add the savings to your goals. At Qapital, in collaboration with our chief behavioral economist Dan Ariely, we created Money Missions–fun challenges that help you unlock helpful insights into how you use your money now so you can use it better in the future. In that sense, Missions are not about success or failure, but about helping you learn more about what matters to you.
- Have debt strategy – Make sure you are optimizing your debt-payment strategy. Tools like refinancing and loan consolidation may help you pay off your loans faster, freeing up more money to save. With Qapital’s Student Debt Freedom, you can manage, pay and refinance your student loans in one place. And, we have more debt-management tools on the way.
- Save with your partner – Keep each other motivated to reach your shared goals–and achieve them faster.With Qapital Dream Team™, you and your partner can share financial goals, balances and other account info to help you communicate better about finances and reach your goals faster together.
- Make the most of tax-advantaged retirement accounts – Try to contribute the max to your 401(k) via payroll deductions and to an IRA to maximize your retirement savings and tax advantages.At Qapital, we will soon offer Traditional and Roth IRAs and help you choose the one that’s right for you.
- Build a cushion – Stash some cash for unexpected events–experts recommend at least 3-6 months worth of expenses.At Qapital, you can set up an emergency fund goal to build and maintain your cushion.
Matcha Ice Cream, Matcha Late, Matcha Tea… what’s so good about Matcha? Regular green tea is already touted as an antioxidant Storehouse, but matcha has even more health benefits because it is more like 4 cups of tea in one. Here’s why: when you make other forms of green tea, you steep the leaves in hot water and then discard them. When you make matcha, you whisk the powder into hot water and or milk. As a result, you actually consume the entire tea leaf when you drink it! The antioxidants it contains may lower blood pressure, reduce your risk of heart disease, and even boost your metabolism.
Matcha is very similar to other green teas, however, it is grown slightly different. Matcha contains nutrients from the whole tea leaf as opposed to just a part of the tea leaf, and this results in increased caffeine levels, nutrients, and benefits. Matcha is made from green tea leaves. It can be traced back to 8th century China. It is a method in which you utilize green tea leaves to make powdered tea, which is then mixed with hot water to create tea. It eventually became popularized in the 12th century, used in the Japanese tea ceremonies.
Today, the Matcha flavor is popular in lattes, ice cream, and other delicious drinks and desserts. Storehouse Organic Ceremonial Matcha is a type of powdered green tea made of Tencha – a specially treated shade-grown tea that is high in chlorophyll and low in tannins, from the Zhejiang Province, China. When Tencha tea leaves are de-veined, de-stemmed, and ground into emerald-green, talc-like powder, the product is known as Matcha. The taste is slightly bitter taste with a vibrant green color that results from the leaves’ high chlorophyll levels.
How To Make Matcha
100% Organic stone ground Ceremonial Matcha Green tea. Zhejiang Province, China.
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon Matcha powder
- 2 ounces of below boiling water
- 4 ounces additional below boiling water or for a latte add steamed milk of choice, almond milk, coconut milk, dairy milk, oat milk, etc.
- Maple syrup, honey, optional
Take a 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon of Organic Matcha powder and add to your bowl, pour 2 oz of hot water into tea and vigorously whisking from side to side to create a frothy, nourishing tea, Add the remaining 6 ounces below boiling water or steamed milk and whisk again until foamy. Sweeten to taste, if desired. Matcha is energizing, calming and delicious.
- Using a bamboo matcha whisk is recommended. If you make matcha often, I recommend investing in a bamboo whisk called a chasen. Tiny prongs closely spaced together break up clumps and create a frothy layer of foam on top of the tea. If you don’t have one, use a regular whisk or an electric milk frothier instead. Forks do not work well in breaking up clumps.
- Sweeten to taste. Matcha’s grassy, umami flavor can be an acquired taste. If you’re new to making it, don’t hesitate to add a few drops of maple syrup or honey. Finally, top it off with more hot water or steamed milk for a latte. Enjoy!
Want to buy our other Matcha accessories? Click Here to buy Storehouse Matcha Set!
Graduation is a big deal. All those nights of cramming for major exams, making it through those awful gen eds, and waking up for boring 9 AM classes with dull professors is hard work. Sure, it was fun too, but don’t underestimate how taxing college life can be. Graduating should be rewarded with a gift that shows how excited you are about their accomplishments. That’s why gourmetgiftbaskets.com created the collection of special graduation gift baskets which are complete with everything you need to say congratulations on the big day.
As graduation approaches, it’s time to start thinking of a gift for the graduate-to-be! They’ve worked hard to receive their diploma and this fruit gift basket is the perfect way to say “congratulations!” The beautiful gift is filled with the perfect mix of snacks that are healthy, sweet, and savory. Order your favorite graduate this special fruit gift today!
- Sea Salt Caramel Sauce by Stonewall Kitchen – 12.25 oz.
- Stoned Wheat Crackers by Eleanor + Flynn – 4 oz.
- Chocolate Covered Cherries by Marich – 2.3 oz.
- Classic Vermont Sharp Cheddar Cheese by Cabot – 8 oz.
- Butter Peanut Crunch by Hammond’s – 3 oz.
- Belgian Chocolates by Annalie’s Chocolates – 1.76 oz.
- Red Apples – 4 qty.
- Oranges – 2 qty.
- Pears – 2 qty.
- Water Hyacinth – Medium Tray
Commend their achievement with this stunning arrangement! You can choose one of four exceptional sparkling wines, which are expertly paired with an unparalleled assortment of decadent gourmet treats. Boasting irresistibly smooth truffles, delicate cookies, and Belgian chocolates, this gorgeous basket makes an already memorable day completely unforgettable.
*Champagne flutes are not included.
*5107B ships with Vanilla Wafer Rolls instead of Key Lime Cookies.
Choose One of the Following Sparkling Wines:
- La Marca Prosecco – 750 ml
- Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label – 750 ml
- Dom Perignon – 750 ml
- Moët & Chandon Imperial Brut Champagne – 750 ml
- Key Lime Coolers by Dulion – 4 oz.
- White Chocolate Truffle Bar by Lindt – 3.5 oz.
- Assorted Truffles by Lindt – 5.1 oz.
- French Chocolate Truffles by Truffle Basket – 3.5 oz.
- Chocolate Caramel Grahams by Annalie’s Chocolates – 2.6 oz.
- Belgian Chocolates by Annalie’s Chocolates – 1.76 oz.
The great beers should know no borders. That’s why gourmetgiftbaskets.com has sought out delicious brews from around the globe and united them in this Around The World Beer Bucket! Perfect for anyone who enjoys a cold one, gourmetgiftbaskets.com brought together beers from many different countries and artfully arranged them inside of the galvanized steel bucket. And since nothing goes with a tasty brew like good snacks, gourmetgiftbaskets.com carefully chose some of their most beloved gourmet foods to include, handcrafted popcorn, tasty nuts, beef jerky, beef garlic sausage, and more, creating a special gift that’s impossible to not enjoy!
*Beer glasses not included.
- Grey Lady Ale by Cisco Brewers – 12 oz. – BOTTLE
- Lager by Moretti – 12 oz. – BOTTLE
- Sam Adams – 12 oz. – BOTTLE
- Hefeweissbier by Weihenstephaner – 12 oz. – BOTTLE
- Porter by Founders Brewing Company – 12 oz. – BOTTLE
- Pale Lager by Moosehead Brewery – 12 oz. – BOTTLE
- Pale Lager by Red Stripe – 11.2 oz. – BOTTLE
- Pilsener by Bavik – 12 oz. – BOTTLE
- Pale Lager by Dos Equis XX – 12 oz. – BOTTLE
- Pale Lager by Stella Artois – 12 oz. – BOTTLE
- Pale Lager by Kirin Brewing Company – 12 oz. – BOTTLE
- Brown Ale by Shed Mountain – 12 oz. – BOTTLE
- Garlic Sausage by Hanover Smokehouse – 5 oz.
- Garlic Cheese by Mountain View Farms – 6 oz.
- Premium Duet of Roasted Almonds & Cashews by Second Nature – 2 oz.
- Roasted Pistachios by Second Nature – 1.5 oz.
- Original Water Crackers by Capeachio’s – 4.4 oz.
- Everything Seasoned Beef Jerky by Field Trip Snacks – 1 oz.
- Cheesy Cheddar Popcorn by GourmetGiftBaskets.com – 1.3 oz.
- Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Kettlecorn by GourmetGiftBaskets.com – 1.3 oz.
- 16 Quart Metal Bucket
Life after college can be hard to get used to. That’s why gourmetgiftbaskets.com put together this Post-College Survival Kit, which is equipped with all of a recent grad’s favorite eats! Inside one of their signature boxes, they’ll find an assortment of delectable snacks, including premium gourmet cookies and irresistibly sweet candies, helping make life on their own a little easier.
* Products are loosely placed in the box
About gourmetgiftbaskets.com:GourmetGiftBaskets.com was founded in 2002 with family values and the desire to provide exceptional gifts for all of life’s special occasions. Through years of working in his family’s flower shop in New Hampshire, President & CEO Ryan Abood naturally realized an opportunity to provide handmade, high quality gift baskets. What began with two family members in the basement of a flower shop has exploded into a multi-million dollar company recognized multiple times by Inc.500, Internet Retailer, Enterprise Bank, and more, while still remaining true to its core values of exceptional gourmet ingredients handcrafted with care. As this entrepreneurial family spirit continues in the next generation with the birth of the youngest A bood last spring, this proud family business will continue to exceed gourmet gifting expectations.
- Pepperoni Pizza Pretzels by Combos – 1.80 oz.
- Milk Chocolate M&Ms Theater Box by Mars Wrigley Confectionary – 3.1 oz.
- Skittles Original Theater Box by Wrigley – 3.5 oz.
- Swedish Fish Theater Box by Mondelez Global LLC. – 3.1 oz.
- Oreo’s by Nabisco – Snack Pack
- Cheesy Cheddar Popcorn by GourmetGiftBaskets.com – 1.3 oz.
- Blasted with M&Ms – Rice Krispies Treats Bar by Kelloggs – 2.1 oz.
- Peanut M&Ms by Mars – 1.69 oz.
- Goldbears by Haribo – 5 oz.
- Original Pretzels Crisps by Snack Factory – 1.5 oz.
- Roasted & Salted Almonds by Blue Diamond – 1.5 oz.
- Oats & Honey Granola bar by Nature Valley