Many of you might not have known that World Monopoly Day was this weekend, but it turns out you can now “Advance to Go” in a gold Mustang in the new MONOPOLY EMPIRE game!
To celebrate World Monopoly Day, Ford Motor Company partnered with Hasbro and Polaroid for a Mustang Monopoly Game Night on Wednesday. Enjoying a backdrop of the NYC skyline at The Skylark, gamers tried out the new MONOPOLY EMPIRE game, that features the iconic Ford Mustang as a game piece. Competing to top off their tower of brands (a slightly different twist on the traditional Monopoly game!), guests enjoyed an appearance from Mr. Monopoly himself, taking pictures with the mascot while sipping on their Manhattan-inspired cocktails.
In the new MONOPOLY EMPIRE game, fans are given a chance to “own it all” with several iconic brands featured in the latest including Ford Mo, Polaroid, Caterpillar, Billboard, Heinz Tomato Ketchup, TRANSFORMERS and more gather on social media and through special events to help MONOPOLY “Pass Go.”
Iconic Sports Car Celebrated in Iconic Game For more than 50 years, Mustang has been more than just a car – it is the heart and soul of Ford. As an enduring icon of American popular culture, Mustang’s influence can be seen in film, music, fashion, art and even popular consumer goods. And now, the iconic pony car is celebrated in one of the most popular board games that we all know and love – Monopoly. In the new Monopoly Empire Edition, Ford Mustang fans can now rev their engines and ͞”Advance to Go͟” as they build their empire of iconic brands.
A Pop Culture Icon: With more than 3,300 appearances in movies and television, Mustang is believed to be the most widely featured car on the big and small screen.
Here are a few: Gone in 60 Seconds (1967 Shelby GT500 Eleanor), Diamonds are Forever (1971 Mach 1), Bullitt (1968 Fastback), Farah Fawcett – Charlie’s Angels (1976 Ford Mustang Cobra II) to Need for Speed (2015 Mustang GT on-screen debut)
From apparel to toys and games, to even high-end watches and designers, Mustang is all around us. oRecent Partnerships: Shinola, OPI Nail Lacquer, Lucky Brand, Stern Pinball, Fischer Price Power Wheels, LEGO, Burton Morris, Hot Wheels and Forza Motorsport oDesigner T-Shirt Collection – Mustang Unleashed featuring global designers Anna Sui, Pamela Love, Paula Cademartori, Rogan and CO|TE
More on Mustang: Over the past 52 years, Mustang’s impact goes well beyond the 9.6 million cars produced and sold, most of them have originated close to Ford’s home base in Dearborn, Mich. From the racetrack to the silver screen to the airwaves to the toy box, Mustang has attracted quite the following –It’s the most popular vehicle on Facebook – close to 8.3 million fans oIt has inspired hundreds of Mustang clubs around the world 2015 marked the first time Mustang was available to customers around the world in more than 100 markets, and the first time a right-hand drive model was made widely available – and quickly became the best-selling sports car globally.
That’s right – 10 pairs of jeans in a Ford, and not because you’re using your trunk as a closet.
With eyes on New York runways this week, sustainability in style is top of mind… But how do recycled fabrics reach those of us who aren’t buying prêt-à-porter straight off the catwalk? Ford Motor Company has long recognized that sustainability is a key component in the future of great infrastructure and compelling design. In an effort to make its products more eco-friendly, Ford is continuously implementing innovative, sustainable materials and fabrics into each new vehicle.
Take recycled post-industrial cotton, for example. Vehicles such as the Ford Escape and Fusion (and even the tough F-150!) actually contain the equivalent of about 10 pairs of jeans, 26 bath towels, or 31 t-shirts – these sustainable textiles components are used as carpet insulation and sound absorption in the vehicles.
Furthering its mission to promote sustainable design, Ford teamed up with Coca Cola to use recycled plastic to create carbon polyester fibers in car seats. Constantly looking for more partnerships to continue the effort, including research with Heinz to explore the use of tomato fiber, Ford is at the forefront of stylish sustainability. Additionally, Ford is currently the only automaker to use REPREVE, a 100% recycled material used in its car seats worldwide; by using this material, Ford will divert more than five million plastic bottles from landfills this year alone!
Find out more about the cool things Ford is doing on www.ford.com
As you may have heard, Ford just announced that it is entering the next phase of its Smart Mobility plan. With this milestone, Ford will begin to put key learnings from initial research experiments into action–from on-demand ride-sharing services to bicycles sensors and data-driven insurance–honing in on two strategic areas: flexible use and ownership of vehicles, as well as multimodal urban travel solutions.
Flexible Use & Ownership
- Launched today, Ford Motor Credit Company’s new Peer-2-Peer Car Sharing pilot program offers drivers a new solution to offset vehicle ownership costs by renting their Ford Credit-financed vehicles to prescreened drivers for short-term use. Through the program, 14,000 and 12,000 customers in six U.S. cities and London, respectively, are invited to sign up through Getaround in the U.S. and easyCar Club in London.
- Ford also recently announced GoDrive, an on-demand public car-sharing pilot program aimed to offer customers flexible, practical and affordable access to a fleet of cars for one-way journeys with easy parking throughout London.
Multimodal Mobility Solutions
- Ford is expanding its multimodal mobility experimentation by introducing a new electric bike concept and a prototype smartwatch app that will make it even easier for commuters to use the eBike.
- Following the release of MoDe: Me and MoDe: Pro eBikes, MoDe: Flex is the company’s third, most versatile eBike that is easily reconfigurable for different customer needs.
- A new extension of MoDe: Link for smartwatch devices brings all of the real-time data and functionality to the eBike rider’s wrist.
We name our kids. We name our pets. In fact, we even name our cars. Today (Thursday, October 2) is Name Your Car Day, and according to a recent survey*, one in four owners name their cars!
Through the years, pop culture has borne a variety of vehicle names, from “Bullitt” in 1968 — to Mad Max’s “The Interceptor” in 1977 — to “Eleanor” in Gone in Sixty Seconds.
Naming one’s car can be a unique and personal process, and to mark the special occasion, Ford teamed up with Fit Pregnancy to reveal the list of top 10 favorite names** for the year and naming trends for the one that’s getting you from point A to point B. So next time you bring that brand new “baby” home for the first time, you can welcome your car with a special name!
HI! MY NAME IS…
Without further ado, we present to you — Ford and Fit Pregnancy‘s favorite car names for 2014! (In alphabetical order)
- Black Pearl
WHAT’S NEXT IN NAMING!
- Lights, Camera, Action — Movies and TV names are still all the rage! While this trend isn’t exactly new, pop culture, especially TV shows and movies, can turn a relatively unheard of name into the baby name of the year — and car names have followed suit. Ford drivers have called their cars “Stormtrooper,” “Millennium Falcon,” “My Precious,” “Black Pearl,” “Jarvis” and “Optimus Prime” to name a few!
- A Perfect Ending — Names ending in “et” are nothing new, but they’re becoming increasingly popular. While the actual spelling is a pretty big trend, the sound is probably the more important factor — and one that car owners have honed in on! Ford owners have given names such as “Scarlet” and “Rocket” their cars.
- Classic Cool — Very vintage is very cool. Old-school names are just like that great vintage piece — eternally cool and never goes out of style. These are also classic favorites for car owners, and Ford drivers have a long list of lovely lady names that have been given to their cars. Names like “Fiona,” “Betty,” “Lucy,” “Ester” and “Penelope” make the list!
*Survey conducted by Nationwide Insurance.
**In 2014, Ford polled its online Facebook community to discover the favorite names Ford owners gave to their favorite Ford cars.
According to a recent survey*, 61% of women reported that seeing someone wearing breast cancer merchandise makes them more proactive about their breast health.
Warriors in Pink produces its annual apparel line in which it donates 100% of the net proceeds to breast cancer research and education. Consumers can select their charity of choice at check-out (including The Pink Fund, Susan G. Komen, Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation and Young Survival Coalition).
Highlights from the collection include:
- Kaleidoscope of Hope Scarf, rich with blue, green, gold, and pink jewel tones in various Warrior symbol patterns that complement any outfit
- The bright pink Tote-Ally Courageous Tote includes an ever useful 8”x9.5” outside pocket as well as a 8.5” x 11” zippered interior pocket
- The graphic Beautiful You Cosmetic Bag helps keep track of everything from lipstick to cash
- There’s also the Stripes of Strength silk necktie and Power of Pink polo, which are modeled by two male breast cancer survivors being honored as Warriors in Pink Models of Courage, a cohort of survivors and supporters who’ve demonstrated strength and courage in the battle against the disease.
*The Warriors in Pink Breast Health Awareness Survey
One of my all time favorite highlights of the Ford Trend Conference this year was the launch of the Unminivan!
It is such an amazing idea and campaign that I really felt like this car was made for me. Every year there are numerous highlights during at packed 72 hours with the Ford team in Detroit and this year was no different. It was amazingly well organized, informative and one of my favorite press trips of the year. The organizers always made sure we had plenty to eat, drink, tweet about, drive and even provided us with sunscreen on track day. What more can you ask for!
The #UNMINIVAN is about making your unconventional life into your own unique spin. It is a 6 seater but you define what your family looks like and what you do! It can work well in suburbs, cities and unique boroughs! It is not about the white picket fence and your 2 kids and perfect lawn! It is about making the Transit Connect work for your life, small business and lifestyle.
It is so cute, incredibly spacious, with moonroof, additional storage space and convertible seats. This passenger seats has ‘stadium seating’ and comes in all sorts of amazing colors. This car is extremely reasonable in price and comes with all the bells and whistles too. Road trip anyone?
We got a chance to personalize and build our own derby car and race them! Here is my pina car, zooming past you!
What is your ultimate #unminivan adventure?