Summer may feel like it’s quickly approaching its end, but let’s get real: summer fashion doesn’t end until mid-October. With the wacky weather in NYC, it’s important that you keep a few transitional pieces that can help your wardrobe smoothly transition from summer to fall. Rompers should be at the top of your list. This one-piece outfit is not only easy to wear, but it can also be used for layering in the fall! Here are best romper styles for under $50.
Arriving at the second venue, the buzz and swarms of people created a ton of excitement! The energy of the crowd was high and numerous languages can be heard as you go through the crowd.
This part of the convention was split into 3 large floors and was also divided in countries of origin and specific areas. I also had the opportunity to attend some seminars about K-Beauty trends as well! Some of the key points discussed the current growth sectors (Teens) and the importance of K-Pop and K-Drama’s role in catapulting brands into superstardom. With an average of 800 SKUs per year, this Korean ‘pali pali’ system of fast turnaround jumps on trends and make them the leader in innovation in so many ways.
I also got to meet Van Lu, the head of BeautyStreams and Innovation Award winner, Kilala and Pinkan Tilaar of Indonesia beauty giant Martha Tilaar Group.
There were so many brands, innovators and products that it was truly overwhelming. Instead of buzzing around trying to cover all ground, I focused on booths that caught my eye and spent time learning about their brand story and products. So alas, here are some of the best innovation products and trends to highlight from this part of the show!
- From the Deep Sea (Trend) – A very strong pull towards the ocean’s mystic and powers. With a strong connection to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Asians believe there are many health benefits to ingesting these items raw, cooked, pulverized and now assimilated through the body’s largest organ skin. The cosmetics ingredients from the deep sea include Sea Horse, Jelly Fish, Abalone, Seaweed, Coral, Pearl, Sea Cucumber.
2. Organic baby products from Down Under (Product) – El8te – This is a brand new product line from Australia that has been featured all over glossy magazines and social media alike. With its irresistibly adorable packaging and affordable price, El8te is in a class of its own. Goat Milk being the main ingredient in the baby line, providing nourishing protection from head to toe.
3. Minimalist Design (Packaging) – Instructive packaging is on the up and up. Minimal light and airy design with a focus on Ingredients and Function as the anchor. The feel of the packaging is unobstructed and floats, while there is a solid base design that promised high quality ingredients and solid efficacy. This new trend in packaging gives the consumer a good feeling about the honesty, integrity and quality of the product. There are no frills and distractions to ‘entice’ the customer but just a clear presentation of what it really is.
This is refreshing, simple and the current trend for new brands as well as rebrand initiatives for existing brands for targeting MILLENNIAL consumers.
4. Hyper Local (Product) – this emerging trend comes from geo-specific ingredients that may only be available at a short time each season. These products from Latvian brand Dabba is a clear example of this. Their ingredient story is not dependent on trend forecast reports but what is only found in Latvia and its cultural significance in culture and folklore. With a connection to both the natural world and human nature, Dabba allows consumers to experience and explore Lativa through their range of hydrosols, hair products and infused oils.
Stay tuned for an in depth interview with Janis Kesa, the founder of Dabba!
Summer is finally in full effect and what better way to enjoy the warm weather than with a nutritious and delicious sandwich that can be spiced up in a variety of ways! With an endless amount of possible tasty combinations, sandwiches allow for culinary creativity, while satisfying hunger any time of day.
Former White House Chef John Moeller, who served at the pleasure of three U.S. Presidents and first families and chef, Edward Lee, former “Top Chef” contestant has teamed up with Oroweat® Bread for their third annual “America’s Better Sandwich” Contest and have each created their own unique sandwich recipes, which can be found below. Their focus on wholesome ingredients is centered on the importance of using premium whole grain bread as the foundation for delicious sandwiches to satisfy your cravings without sacrificing taste or nutritional value.
Chef John Moeller Recipe
Crab Salad Dijonnaise With Fresh Tarragon, Monterey Jack and Snow Pea Shoots
Ingredients (2 servings)
2 Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls: Flax & Fiber rolls
1 tsp. authentic French Dijon mustard
3 tbsp. mayonnaise
2 tsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
6 oz. jumbo lump crab, cleaned and cooked
2 slices Monterey jack cheese
1 plum tomato, cut into 6, ¼-inch slices
12 snow pea shoots
salt, to taste
fresh-milled black pepper, to taste
In small bowl, combine mustard, mayonnaise and tarragon to create dijoinnaise. Season mixture with salt and pepper. Place cooked crab in medium bowl and fold in enough dijonnaise to coat the crab. Reserve remaining dijonnaise.
Layout Sandwich Thins® Rolls on cutting board. Lightly spread remaining dijonnaise on both sides of rolls. Divide crab onto the bottom portions of rolls. Top crab with a slice of cheese and place in toaster oven for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Remove from toaster oven and place on cutting board, top with tomato and snow pea shoots. Lay the other half of roll on top. Slice sandwich in half and serve.
Chef Edward Lee Recipe
Open Faced Artistry
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER, HUMMUS, GRAPEFRUIT, DILL & BLACK PEPPER
Ingredients (2 servings)
2 slices of Brownberry® Whole Grains: Extra Grainy Flax & Sesame Seed bread, lightly toasted
4 oz. hummus
½ ruby red grapefruit, cut into segments and diced
8 oz. cauliflower, cut into thin slices
1 tsp. olive oil
½ tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. salt
sprigs of 2 stems of dill
fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Place the cauliflower on a sheet pan and drizzle 1 tsp. of olive oil over them. Then sprinkle ¼ tsp. of cumin & ½ tsp. of salt over them. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. The cauliflower will be browned around the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
Lay a lightly toasted slices of bread on a board. Spread the hummus evenly over each slice. Layer the roasted cauliflower slices over the hummus. Place the grapefruit over the cauliflower. Decorate with fresh sprigs of dill. Finish by seasoning with fresh cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
As an added bonus, your readers will also be able to participate in the “America’s Better Sandwich” Contest. They can enter their nutritious sandwich recipes into five creative categories from June 15th until August 21st at https://www.americasbettersandwich.com/ for the chance to win $25,000! For every entry, one loaf of bread will be donated to Feeding America.
All that glitters is gold (and silver and copper!) with the introduction of The Metallist from Korean color cosmetic powerhouse, touch in SOL. Designed to gild eyes in metallic and jewel-toned hues, Metallist features a two-in-one superfine liquid foil cream shadow and chunky glitter shadow to bestow long-lasting, eye-popping color.
Combining crease-proof liquid metal pigment with show-stopping glitter, Metallist offers bold, buildable color that stays put all-day. Worn all-over the lid or simply along the lashline for a more subtle finish, each element of the Metallist can be worn separately or combined to put the spotlight on eyes.
– Margaret, a rose-gold champagne with gold mica shimmer
– Eldora, a golden cocoa
– Talia, an icy-silvery gold pyrite
– Adelio, a radiant burgundy with crimson foil
– Lottie, a deep, smoky plum
How to wear:
Wear each step alone or combine for a high-impact metallic finish.
– Step 1: Superfine Liquid Foil Cream Shadow. Apply the long-lasting, budge-proof cream
shadow to eyelids and along the lash line.
– Step 2: Chunky Glitter Shadow. Gently pat the glitter shadow on top of the cream shadow before it dries to turn up the intensity.
Pro Tip: “Say goodbye to minimalist, this season is all about the shine. After applying the liquid foil cream, apply the chunky glitter by patting it on quickly so it sets with the cream and lasts all day to create the Rebel Eye look. You can also apply the loose glitter in the center of your lips to create a futurist pout,” Resident makeup artist and brand ambassador, LeAura Luciano
Touch in Sol Metallist will retail for $25 each at Sephora and on Sephora.com.
Miami Swim Week is a week for all of those who ate a little too many hot dogs during the 4th of July to reevaluate their life choices. All jokes aside, Swim Week has become a major platform for the hottest swimwear designers to showcase their best work. What better place to do this than in Miami Beach, home of some of the hottest beach bods around. Bloggers, models, editors, and enthusiast travel from everywhere to witness this celebration. This year’s Swim Week took place July 14-18th. Here’s a recap of some of the hottest trends of the week and how you can sport it this summer!
Nudes have been taking the fashion world by storm. We see this trend everywhere! If nudes are a little boring for you and you are all about color in the summer, try this trend with something smaller like a bag or a pair of cute sandals to not overpower your outfit.
Cut out swimsuits are quite the sight, but they aren’t the most flattering. Don’t let that discourage you. In the words of Queen Bee: If you got it flaunt it!
Boho is another trend that has been spotted everywhere in recent years. I love the laid back vibe it brings to swimwear. You don’t have to go all the way out of your way to purchase a boho looking swimwear, you can accessorize it to fit the theme. Suggestions below!
Some of these pieces won’t be out until Summer 2017, but there is no reason why you can’t start sporting these looks now. Check out these few pieces to add to any swimwear to create a trendy look! Talk about luxury: those marble flip flops are a must! I am obsessed with gold costume jewelry with swimwear and who isn’t wearing a choker these days? Check out #MiamiSwimWeek for more recaps and cool pictures for this past weeks affairs.
Detox Water, is an Aloe infused water packed with health benefits. It aids in balancing essential body systems, both internally and externally, with a range of B and C Vitamins for optimum health.
With no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, it’s a delicious and healthy choice for staying hydrated without feeling guilty – at only 15 calories per serving.
Totally delish! Refreshing and nice alternative to coconut water and other sports drinks. My favorite flavor is Pinamint 🙂