When you shop with fast fashion the way I do at Boohoo, Forever 21 and such – they usually don’t last long. It’s not so much that it goes out of style but more because they faded or lost shape quickly. The list of my laundry mishaps is long and funny.
I have been treating and washing my clothes with Dryel in the last few months and it has made a world of difference. It even works well with denim and dark clothes too. As a former New Yorker, I am still very much into my black ensembles.
Dryel® uses a patented process to clean your dry clean only and special care clothes.
- The heat of your dryer activates the cleaning solution in the ULTRAcleaning Cloth™ to release a steam that removes body soils and odors from the clothes.
- The Fabric Protection Bag maintains the optimal balance of cleaning agents and heat, allowing the steam to work thoroughly through the clothes, and then slowly vents the vapors out of the bag and dryer.
- Dryel Booster Spray includes extra cleaning agents to remove stains, and add freshness to heavily soiled areas prior to putting the garments through the in-dryer system.
Using Dryel, it seems like all our clothes last longer and retain their shape even after multiple wash cycles!
LAUNDRY DAY: USE THE ORIGINAL AT-HOME DRY CLEANER
Dryel is the best way to safely and thoroughly clean your special care clothes at home. The patented Fabric Protection Bag protects clothes and concentrates the gentle cleaning vapor from the ULTRAcleaning™ cloth for optimal cleaning performance. No fading, shrinking, or stretching like caused by wet washing or dry cleaning.
Dryel works in the convenience of your dryer in as little as 15 minutes and saves up to 90% of the cost of dry cleaning. So, when you have suits, dresses, or even jeans and sweaters that need to be cleaned, skip the hassle, expense, and harsh chemicals of the dry cleaner. Choose Dryel instead.
We moved from NY (Ranked worst 100th!) to Vegas (Ranked 9th best)! Check out this interesting facts about pet ownership below.
With National Homeless Animals Day approaching and nearly 80 million American households owning a pet today — an all-time high — WalletHub took an in-depth look at 2016’s Most Pet-Friendly Cities.
In order to identify the cities where our furry and slimy friends can enjoy the best quality of life without breaking our wallets, WalletHub’s number crunchers compared the creature-friendliness of the 100 largest cities based on 19 key metrics. Our data set ranges from the minimum pet-care provider rate per visit to the number of pet businesses per capita.
Pet-Friendliness of New York (1=Best; 50=Avg.):
- 93rd – Veterinary Care Costs
- 100th – Dog Insurance Premium
- 91st – Number of Veterinarians per Capita
- 88th – Number of Pet Businesses per Capita
- 82nd – Number of Pet-Friendly Restaurants per Capita
- 76th – % of Pet-Friendly Hotels
- 24th – Number of Dog Parks per Capita
- 86th – Number of Animal Shelters per Capita
- 58th – Number of Pet Caretakers per Capita
For the full report, please visit:
It’s blizzard time on the East Coast, and as you know, meteorologists are predicting a “blockbuster blizzard for the ages”—its name is Winter Storm Jonas and he’s headed your way on Saturday. This is no time for impractical shoes.If there is one article of winter clothing you should invest in, it’s a great pair of waterproof, durable boots. If your feet are wet, you’ll be miserable!KHOMBU (official supplier of après ski boots to the U.S. Ski Team), Sporto and Coldwater Creek have wonderful options to prepare in style.
With the hustle and bustle of the daily grind, little things are bound to slip through the cracks, like taking your daily vitamins. Although a well-balanced diet gives your body the nutrients it needs, only a fraction of them make it to your skin. Give it a bit of a boost with vitamin-based beauty products from Mad Hippie, ClarityRX, emerginC, Farmaesthetics and Karin Herzog.
Mad Hippie Vitamin A Serum
Straight from the juicy center of grapefruit is a Vitamin C packed serum that will exfoliate and tone damage skin to healing perfection.
- Retinyl Retinoate – A revolutionary new form of vitamin A that is 2x more bioavailable than retinol while also being significantly more stable. Activates collagen production while it gently exfoliates by enhancing cellular turnover, erasing wrinkles, discoloration & signs of aging.
- Coffee Berry – Antioxidant-rich superfruit that enhances collagen production & neutralizes aging free radicals.
- Chamomile Extract – A powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory qualities that has been shown to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Coconut Oil – Moisturizes and soothes skin while creating a lipid barrier that fends off skin damage. Combats wrinkles & discoloration while promoting the natural healing of the skin.
Price: $32.99 available on www.madhippie.com
ClarityRX Cleanse Daily
Skin-nourishing facial wash packed with a dose of vitamins that will restore your skin back to life!
Let this daily cleanser wash sweep away impurities and dirt. Infused with conditioning olive oil, rose hip seed oil and seaweed, your complexion is instantly renewed and refreshed, with a comfortable, clean feeling.
Price: $32.00 available on www.clarityclinicalskincare.com
emerginC vitamin c + retinol mask
Fights free-radical damage, antioxidant, key co-factor in the production of collagen, improves skin tone and texture, calming, fights sun damage, improves pigmentation problems.
- Vitamin C
- Lemon Juice
- Green Tea
Results: Gives skin a visible boost, removes dead skin cells, helps even skin tone, brightens complexion.
Farmaesthetics Sweet Milk Exfoliate Series
Balance oily skin, brighten and maintain a balanced complexion and restore a youthful glow with these powder exfoliators, made with whole sweet milk.
Features & Benefits:
- Natural lactic acid in dried sweet milk, combined with fine cornmeal and ground orange peel, provides a gentle exfoliate for the face & décollete
- Use also while bathing &, when time to remove exfoliate from face, splash clean, & then gently slip shoulders beneath water, allowing the sweet milk mixture to become a skin-brightening milk bath
Price: $27.50 available on www.farmaesthetics.com
Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi
Features & Benefits:
- Boosts the skin’s own natural replenishment and recovery mechanisms
- Accelerate cell regeneration
- Deeply hydrates and nourishes
- Combination of oxygen and vitamin A helps to fight the signs of aging
- 1% Hydrogen Peroxide
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
New York: it’s the place where I live, but it also happens to be one of the best cities in the world! Always at the forefront of trends in fashion, food, arts, culture and much more it’s not difficult to see why it’s so popular. With a population of around 8.4 million and visited by around 55 million tourists each year, as you can imagine, it is pretty busy most of the time. Traveling around the city, for both residents and visitors can be a real struggle. However, with some experience under my belt, I think I have now mastered the art. Whether you have lived here for years, are new to the city or here on vacation, here are my top tips on how to get around New York in style.
Stay hydrated To avoid arriving at your destination looking red and sweaty, always bring a bottle of water. If you are a visitor to the city, or even if you are commuting to work, you will be required to walk a little (and often a lot!). It’s always a good idea to pack a bottle of water in your bag to keep you hydrated during these journeys on foot. If you are taking the subway or bus, or if you are traveling in the height of summer, the water will also cool you down during these stuffy journeys.
Pack your heels If you are uncertain about how much you will have to walk to get to your destination always pack your heels and wear comfortable shoes. Your sneakers may not be as cute or chic as your Manolo Blahnik’s, but they will save you and your feet an enormous amount of stress and strain.
Take advantage of the more stylish travel options For a special occasion, or just because you feel like it, it’s a great idea to choose one of the many luxury travel options for getting around New York. If you have a big celebration on the horizon, you may wish to book a limo from www.bergenlimo.com to drive you to your party venue or venues. Or, for a romantic occasion, why enjoy the clip-clop of a lovely horse and carriage journey around Central Park?
Don’t be afraid to cycle A lot of people wouldn’t dream of contending with the typical NYC traffic on a bicycle. While I completely understand this fear, especially during rush hour, cycling around this city at the right time and in the right places can be a real joy. Commuting to work by bike each day may only be for the experienced and brave. However, tourists or locals who want to experience a different side to the city on a weekend excursion, should give it a go. To be on the safe side, stick to the quieter parts of the city and make sure you wear all your safety gear.
Getting around a busy city like New York can be stressful, and it’s not always easy to stay calm and cool. However, with these tips, I hope you get to enjoy all the marvelous elements this city has to offer, in style!
JOIN US JULY 15TH THROUGH JULY 20TH FOR UP TO 80% OFF RETAIL.
260 FIFTH AVENUE
BETWEEN 28TH AND 29TH STREET
NEW YORK, NY 10001
N/R/6 TO 28TH STREET
*ALL CREDIT CARDS AND CASH ACCEPTED
JULY 15TH – JULY 20TH
TUESDAY – THURSDAY : 10AM – 8PM
FRIDAY : 10AM – 7PM
SATURDAY : 11AM – 7PM
SUNDAY : 11AM – 4PM