Chronic Tacos, the fast-casual Mexican restaurant, recently opened a new location in Summerlin! With Valentine’s Day around the corner, we recommend this to be a cool and fun Tinder date spot!
No pressure or anything weird when it comes to Tinder dating. You don’t want to have too much pressure so the perfect setting is important. Chronic Tacos has healthy and fun ‘fast food’ and a full bar too! First dates are all about getting to know each other so avoid clubs and stuffy settings. You can learn a lot about your date by what they order and if they like sauce or not. These are the fun facts you will always remember if the relationship goes further!
Take your Tinder Date to the new Chronic Tacos
Address: 9460 W. Flamingo Rd., Suite 125, Las Vegas, NV 89147
What you put in your mouth says a lot about you, or rather, who will date you. After analyzing 2.4 million interactions, dating site AYI.com discovered just how much your dietary preferences affect your dating life.
The data they found can not only help you find your perfect match, but can help you decide where to take your date out to eat just by looking at their profile—because there’s no faster way to ruin a first date than taking a vegetarian out to a steakhouse! Here’s what AYI.com says to look for:
- Gender—It turns out that men prefer vegetarian women 11% more than meat eaters, yet women prefer meat eaters 13% more than vegetarians.
- Ethnicity—Indians are 11x more likely than all other ethnicities to be vegetarian, while Native Americans (followed by African-Americans) are the most likely to be meat eaters. Asians most often identify as healthy eaters—twice as often as African-Americans or Caucasians.
- Religion—Christians are the most likely to be meat eaters, while Hindus are over 8x more likely than any other religion to be vegetarian/vegan.
- Education—According to AYI.com, the more education you have, the more likely you are to be a healthy eater. Those with a Ph.D. are 3x more likely than someone with any other degree to be vegetarian, while those without any collegiate experience are 17% more likely than all other education levels to be meat eaters.
- Location—It’s no surprise that the state your date is from also plays a role in how healthily they eat. California, New York and Florida are the three states with the highest percentage of healthy eaters, while North Dakota, West Virginia and Montana are the least healthy. So if you’re taking a California girl out, you might want to stay away from that greasy burger joint, but if she’s from North Dakota, she might appreciate the grub!
Join over 25 million registered users at http://AYI.com .
Love don’t cost a thing—or does it? Online dating site AYI.com examined nearly 1.5 million interactions between their users to determine what income level draws the most attention from potential matches.
As it turns out, the gold digger concept is alive and well for both genders—but in different ways.
For women looking for men on AYI.com, every dollar counts:
· A man’s chance of being contacted by a woman increases steadily as his income increases.
· Men that listed their income as $150,000 or more being 82% MORE likely than men who made $20,000 or less to get contacted by a woman.
For men seeking women on AYI.com, income doesn’t play as large of a role—until the woman makes a significant amount of money, that is.
· A woman’s chance of being contacted by a man takes a big leap when her income rises above $100,000.
· Women who listed their income as $150,000 or more were actually 65% MORE likely than women who earned $20,000 to get contacted by a man.
Hoping to score the sugar daddy or sugar mommy of your dreams? Strike up a conversation about Mark Cuban, Barclays UK, Jim Cramer or the Wall Street Journal, as those are the top interests for financial singles on AYI.com. However, avoid mentioning Warren Buffet and Goldman Sachs, since these controversial topics totaled less than 300 likes from AYI.com singles combined.
It happens all the time. We break up, then we make up. We’re not surprised that Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony at the Hamptons just weeks after declaring divorce only weeks ago. For ages, we’ve been on this on again, off again rollercoaster that we can’t get off of, unless you’re not afraid to jump. Are we forever connected to our exes? Here are some reasons as to why we can’t help running back.
1. You’re comfortable with what you already know. Apparently, we don’t like to stray too far from home, literally. Dr. Karyl McBride, author of Will I Ever Be Good Enough: Healing The Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers, believes that people choose certain love partners to try to master trauma from childhood. She argues that we “tend to choose people who are similar to our parents because we’re attracted to the familiar.” It’s really difficult to start fresh and re-establish everything you worked so hard to develop. Would you throw it all away that easily? Dr. Sherrie Bourg Carter, author of High Octane Women, runs with this idea saying, “We all are very much creatures of habit and we get accustomed to our routines, what we feel comfortable with, kind of like an old pair of shoes.” It may not be perfect, but if the shoe fits…
2. You’re lonely. Okay, dating is scary and unbearably awkward. Sometimes it’s easier to just run back to safety. Author of Hot Monogamy and The Truth About Love, Pat Love, Ed.D, says, “When we’re unhappy with your life, there’s a natural tendency to go back to square one and remember the last time you were happy in your life.” This comes back to the idea of wanting to be with something you’re used to. On top of that, it’s so much easier to get what you want with someone who knows what you want in the long run. You can have your fun while dating with the enticing phone calls, spicy sex life and lavish dinners, but you’re going home alone. What would you rather have?
3. You’ve changed. Maybe it was the right person, just the wrong time. Could it still work, later down the road? Dr. Carter argues, “A couple may have a very strong chance of making it if the reasons they split up were situational.” This is suggesting it was a break-up due to things out of your control. Just don’t expect any huge changes on a person’s character. But just like we can’t change someone’s personality, we might not be able to change the way we feel about someone. Recently, Rihanna‘s reportedly hooking up with first boyfriend from 2006, Negus Sealy. Could we be forever attached to that ‘first love?’ Beverly Hills sports psychology counselor, Carla Lundblade says, “It has to do with the fact that they were together when they were younger during times that they were beginning to decide what work for them in relationships.” If you’re ready to try it again, you’ll have a better chance with someone you’ve already connected with in the past. It’s not necessarily a step backwards if you’re on a different mind-set.
4. You realize what you missed. This is my favorite. The grass isn’t greener on the other side, after all! Apparently, Scarlett Johansson has been trying to get back with her ex, Ryan Reynolds. “Scarlett had been asking Ryan to meet since the first week of June,” says the insider in Star Magazine. With the recent disaster with Sean Penn, she wants to go back home (and we can’t blame her for wanting more of that sexy monster). But it looks like there’s a deeper foundation behind the ‘don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone’ situation. Dr. Paul Zak, neuroscientist and professor at Claremont Graduate University in Southern California, says, “There is literally a craving chemical in the brain, like an addiction to be with someone.” On another note, maybe it’s completely out of your control. Likewise, Carla Lundblade recalls an idea called ‘frustration attachment’ — the notion that love stimulates the dopamine neuron, so when someone is trying to break up with someone, the desire for that dopamine and neurons to be stimulated actually increases. Now that’s something new! There’s actually a physical pull bringing you back and here you are making a fool of yourself over and over again. You’ve officially been warned.
5. You really want it to work out. Maybe there are social and cultural issues surrounding your relationship to the fact that it’d actually be better off if you two stuck it out. Dr. McBride suggests, “We kind of live in a narcissistic culture where it’s all about how it looks like, rather than who you really are.” She describes this superficial aspect of relationships as the ‘legacy of distorted love,’ based on either what I can do for you or what you can do for me. We all set our own standards for our relationships, and certain issues are out of our own hands. But we can control the level of our commitment and determination for a relationship to function, especially if it’s worked out at some time in the past. More often than not, couples that come back together, stay together. Dr. Carter says, “If people want to do something badly enough, and they want to make something work badly enough, they will make it work.”
Until next week! Follow @missamandachen
Rings are a symbol of eternity because they are round right? They go on and on and on… What do you think of this? In grade 6, Janice and I use to get Best Friends Rings from Claires and kept them til we lost them or they turned our fingers green.
Rings are one of my favorite jewelry pieces and I found a few promise rings from My Jewelry Box that I really like.
Diamond promise ring
I have to tell you, I have never received a promise ring before. But I do love this quote:
Losers make promises they often break. Winners make commitments they always keep. ~Denis Waitley
Lucky for me, he stays winning 🙂
For under $200 I think these make a superb gift… should I get one for myself?
Which one is your favorite?
I can’t count how many times people have asked me, “Can you be just friends with someone you’re sleeping with?” My answer is a solid ‘no.’ What kind of friend limits your chill-time to a few hours in the bedroom? You’re not really friends if you’re sharing only one part of your life. There are no lines drawn in friendships. You’re in a full-fledged relationship once you jump in the sheets. Admit it, already!
Justin Timberlake is definitely one of the biggest players in the game. From Britney Spears, Jessica Biel, Olivia Wilde and Cameron Diaz, he’s got some experiences to share. The most common problem is choosing the wrong person to make this deal with. “It’s a really good idea until it becomes a bad idea. It probably becomes a bad idea really fast,” he said on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. When both parties are hurting from a past relationship, you immediately bring in negative energy to your current situation. As they say, two wrongs don’t make a right. It’s like planting an evil seed — not good!
Justin believes that you’re bound to catch feelings when you get sexually involved. “I think that everybody could probably agree with us when we say, that if you’re going to be intimate with someone at some point somebody’s going to feel something.” But if you knowingly choose someone you can’t see a future with, you won’t ever treat it like a real relationship. You let him get away with things you never would if you were actually his girlfriend.
You play it cool and that’s when things get messy. No cuddles, no sweet words, no nothing. Of course, that never works — who ever follows the rules? You lie, he lies. You fake it, he fakes it. This goes on until you’re completely lost in the unknown. You want what you can’t have. You end up seeing another side of someone because you’re living in this fantasy world. In real life it would never work out! You want different things outside of a purely sexual relationship. This is only one piece of the puzzle! So then what? How do you take that chemistry outside of the bedroom? Well, now you’re asking for too much…
We all make mistakes. Sometimes we choose the wrong people to take home. If you still want to be friends after having sex with someone you have to be prepared to ruin the one thing your entire relationship was based on. Take out everything sexy about sex and you’ll be able to remain friends. “I’ll never forget when Justin had to be on top of me with his right hand on my left pasty and his left hand on my right pasty—my feet were getting numb, and I think his hands were giving out on him. It was a workout,” Mila Kunis told Vanity Fair. Embarrassment is key to killing all intimate moments. When sex gets awkward or frustrating, you write it out completely because you’re too ashamed to try again. Only now can you two go outside and play (like what normal friends do!). Get to know each other on a completely platonic level and your feelings will change — hopefully. I don’t promise anything.
Friends With Benefits will probably be one of the most sex-filled Hollywood rom-coms ever (most importantly, we get to see a lot of Justin’s ass)! In theaters July 22nd — will you check it out?